Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

National March for life 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National March for life 2020

Last year's National March for Life was overshadowed by the news of the Kentucky high school student at the Lincoln Memorial, the confrontation of high school students and Nathan Phillips. The lawsuit against the news organizations is still proceeding.

The March is January 22 - 24 2020.

May the march be a demonstration of the grace and the love of God...

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Last year's National March for Life was overshadowed by the news of the Kentucky high school student at the Lincoln Memorial, the confrontation of high school students and Nathan Phillips. The lawsuit against the news organizations is still proceeding.

The March is January 22 - 24 2020.
      Traditionally the MSM pretty much studiously ignores the NML in the past.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Traditionally the MSM pretty much studiously ignores the NML in the past.
        And the bizarre events at the Lincoln Memorial overshadowed what little awareness there was of the March. Which I see as irony, the Sandmann is basically a left right political story.

Comment

I wonder if the national March for Life will generate as much real enthusiasm among Christians as the gun rally in Richmond!

Comment

I wonder if the national March for Life will generate as much real enthusiasm among Christians as the gun rally in Richmond!
            The real question is if the event will get as much coverage as the gun rally in Richmond. I have a slight suspicion that most media will either try to ignore it, only cover it minimally, or try to make it seem as inconsequential as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              The real question is if the event will get as much coverage as the gun rally in Richmond. I have a slight suspicion that most media will either try to ignore it, only cover it minimally, or try to make it seem as inconsequential as possible.
              It makes sense that all other things being equal, there would be more interest in a controversial event that has never occurred before than there is an event that has happened every year for the last few decades. There's the "this is just something that happens every year" factor and I think even those of us pro-lifers can feel the same way. News coverage is based upon what will bring in the most eyeballs, and there's just not as much draw to something that people are relatively used to as opposed to the Richmond event, which had been much discussed ahead of time and how nobody was quite sure how it would turn out.

(And along those lines, this year did get more coverage because there was the novelty factor of a president speaking for the first time. The march was covered on our local news. Again, something outside of the norm to draw interest.)

(I don't get why other pro-lifers complain so much about this; this seems relatively obvious to me.)
              Last edited by KingsGambit; 01-29-2020, 09:42 PM.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                Yup, even with Trump speaking at the event the "Big 3" (ABC, CBS, and NBC) spent less than 30 seconds combined in covering the event in both their morning and evening broadcasts (with NBC not mentioning it at all).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Does media coverage matter more than a grass roots enthusiasm?

Comment

Does media coverage matter more than a grass roots enthusiasm?
                    Media coverage reveals the grassroots enthusiasm and allows it to thrive. Deliberately refusing to give it any or at the most bare minimal coverage is an intentional attempt to suppress it and hopefully cause support to wither as fewer people are even aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Media coverage reveals the grassroots enthusiasm and allows it to thrive. Deliberately refusing to give it any or at the most bare minimal coverage is an intentional attempt to suppress it and hopefully cause support to wither as fewer people are even aware of it.
                      if it were truly a grass roots movement, then it is not dependent on media coverage. Tea Party grew without the support of media, the rallies were given short shrift and the attention given was pretty much negative. The media attention was not minor for the alt right rallies through out the summer of 2017, the only rally which gained attention was Charlottesville.

The violent anti abortion wing was lost its grass roots support, through media attention, because of the inherent inconsistencies with Christian thought on anti abortion action.

Four distinct movements (pro-life, Tea Party, Alt Right activism, and anti abortion violent action), and and the media attention was of lesser importance than the the grass root support,the attachment to the ideas and philosophies by the mass of Americans.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X