Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Soleimani Was Killed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Jim that was a story from an investigation from Reuters...
    So what? It's possibly true, but if so the President played right into their hands. If that story is true, then other than his own death, the outcome is exactly what Soleimani intended.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      So what? It's possibly true, but if so the President played right into their hands. If that story is true, then other than his own death, the outcome is exactly what Soleimani intended.
      He intended to commit suicide? Taking too many hits, with that bong again?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So Reuters was lying? But let me ask you Star, if the Reuters story and investigation was correct would that justify taking out Soleimani?
        No. It isn't about Soleimani, he deserves what he got, but that doesn't mean that killing him was in the U.S. best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          He intended to commit suicide? Taking too many hits, with that bong again?
          Learn to read, Lilpix. I said other than his own death! Perhaps you should lite up.

Comment

Learn to read, Lilpix. I said other than his own death! Perhaps you should lite up.
            My dear Jimmy, his goal was likely to get some nice propaganda video’s of the US killing a bunch of people and using that. Iran likes to get cooky and steps up the attacks until they get smacked down.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yep. In a way that is true. But they didn't count on Trump taking Soleimani out. So yes, they are getting their way in turning Iraq against Trump to the point we were told to get our troops out. But the US will just shuffle their troops to other locations like Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the Pershing Gulf, basically surrounding Iran. Iran knows it doesn't stand a chance against the US in an actual war, though. I think they will back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
                What seems to be leaking out of the administration is that it's standard practice for the Pentagon to offer Presidents a wide range of options in any situation including those that the Pentagon itself considers absurd. Killing Soleimani was apparently one of those implausible options.
                You conspiracy theory nuts are hilarious!

Meanwhile, here in the real world...

Pentagon leaders on Monday defended the U.S. military strike President Trump ordered against Iranian terrorist leader Qasem Soleimani on January 1, saying that intelligence showed he was planning “imminent” combat operations against U.S. military forces in the region.

Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon:

"I’ll stand by the intelligence I saw that was compelling, it was imminent, and it was very very clear in scale and scope. Did it exactly say who, what, when, where? No. But he was planning, coordinating and synchronizing significant combat operations against U.S. military forces in the region and it was imminent.

“Those of us who were involved in the decision-making of that, we would have been culpably negligent to the American people had we not made the decision we made,” he added.

...both Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper said they were well aware of the risks and that it was necessary to protect American lives.

“We had a responsibility to act when American lives are threatened and I think that’s a responsible thing to do,” Esper told reporters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-u-s-military/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  You conspiracy theory nuts are hilarious!

Meanwhile, here in the real world...

Pentagon leaders on Monday defended the U.S. military strike President Trump ordered against Iranian terrorist leader Qasem Soleimani on January 1, saying that intelligence showed he was planning “imminent” combat operations against U.S. military forces in the region.

Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon:

"I’ll stand by the intelligence I saw that was compelling, it was imminent, and it was very very clear in scale and scope. Did it exactly say who, what, when, where? No. But he was planning, coordinating and synchronizing significant combat operations against U.S. military forces in the region and it was imminent.

“Those of us who were involved in the decision-making of that, we would have been culpably negligent to the American people had we not made the decision we made,” he added.

...both Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper said they were well aware of the risks and that it was necessary to protect American lives.

“We had a responsibility to act when American lives are threatened and I think that’s a responsible thing to do,” Esper told reporters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-u-s-military/
                  So, are we to believe that the death of Soleimani puts an end to the planned attacks he made?

Comment

No duh...
                    Backfire;

One of the things we see is now a lot of factions that were previously fragmented in Iran are now uniting under the regime against the US.
                    Sputniknews
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

No. It isn't about Soleimani, he deserves what he got, but that doesn't mean that killing him was in the U.S. best interests.
                      I'm asking Star, there doesn't seem to be a terrorist that he doesn't like or defend.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        So, are we to believe that the death of Soleimani puts an end to the planned attacks he made?
                        It's certain to disrupt their operations, and it will take them time to regroup.

Comment

That's actually a good point. Who knows? It would depend on how far along those plans were and how scared the terrorists who are supposed to be carrying them out are of Trump blowing them up too.

But it does stop Soleimani from making any future plans.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              That's actually a good point. Who knows? It would depend on how far along those plans were and how scared the terrorists who are supposed to be carrying them out are of Trump blowing them up too.

But it does stop Soleimani from making any future plans.
                              Another thing it does is disrupt command and control. It was extremely easy for Soleimani to recruit, train, coordinate and fiance his multiple militias in the middle east when he could just fly in and out of territories in the open.

Now, his successors will be watching the skies, not sleeping in the same bed two nights in a row, they won't be traveling with family. They'll be boasting and bragging about "Death to America", but will be looking over the shoulders and up to the sky all the time.

It really complicates managing militias outside your own country.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Another thing it does is disrupt command and control. It was extremely easy for Soleimani to recruit, train, coordinate and fiance his multiple militias in the middle east when he could just fly in and out of territories in the open.

Now, his successors will be watching the skies, not sleeping in the same bed two nights in a row, they won't be traveling with family. They'll be boasting and bragging about "Death to America", but will be looking over the shoulders and up to the sky all the time.

It really complicates managing militias outside your own country.
                                Also, whatever attacks might have been planned in the near future will have those militias saying, "Uh, our head guy just got waxed. Maybe we should lay low for a bit."

Comment