Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tehranís overrated military strategist made many political miscalculations

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, because this is what that's all about. I was very much for the first Iraq war - I didn't think it was such a good idea to go all the way into Baghdad subsequently.
    You said thereíd be a ďstandard PUBLIC OUTCRY of condemnation from a number of countries.Ē Iím assuming youíre referring to the reaction after we invaded Iraq. Therefore thereís a similarity. Of course itís not exactly the same, but there is a similarity.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    One day they may name a street after President Donald Trump in Tehran.
    Maybe the road a rubbish dump is on?

Are you aware that Soleimani's funeral has been attended by millions and millions of people, making it possibly the biggest funeral in human history?

5e1460a7855cc240c82be973.jpg
    mourners-tehran-soleimani-funeral2.jpg

Some video footage you can flick through and see various different shots of the massive crowds:

The man was loved in Iran. A University of Maryland poll of Iranians at the end of last year found Suleimani had an 80% approval rating (and that was consistent with polling done by other agencies in Iran).

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Of course this will tick off the democrats to no end.
    It's sad that this seems to the be US right's measure of morality at this point. You guys have so totally lost any ideology, any moral compass, any notion of how to act in the world, that all you can do is look for ways to 'trigger the libs'.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That reminds me. IF we do go to war with Iran, Israel will be right there, bombing the crap out of Iran and welcoming our troops and sealing the bond between our countries. Israel has been itching to retaliate against Iran for years and the US kept holding them back. There won't be any holding them back if there is an actual war between the US and Iran.

Of course this will tick off the democrats to no end.
    Israel stayed on the sidelines for the Iraq invasion, much to Saddam's disappointment. Israel would likely stay out.

The US has bases in two thirds of the world's countries, except Israel! There is a small contingent of radar and air defense missions in Israel.

Camp Lejeune and Ft Bragg are deploying troops.
    Last edited by simplicio; 01-07-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    It's sad that this seems to the be US right's measure of morality at this point. You guys have so totally lost any ideology, any moral compass, any notion of how to act in the world, that all you can do is look for ways to 'trigger the libs'.
    Thank you for preaching about morals to me, Mr. Infanticide.

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thank you for preaching about morals to me, Mr. Infanticide.
    star feels a need to constantly claim moral superiority over and over. It's like he's trying to convince himself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    star feels a need to constantly claim moral superiority over and over. It's like he's trying to convince himself.
    He has lost the right to preach morality to anyone after admitting he supports infanticide. He is a moral reprobate.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thank you for preaching about morals to me
    You're welcome. You seem to sorely need it. I'm reading Michael Shermer's The Moral Arc at the moment, and can recommend it.

Mr. Infanticide
    Your immorality on war issues is enough to be getting on with for now, we don't need to sidetrack into your immorality on abortion issues.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You're welcome. You seem to sorely need it. I'm reading Michael Shermer's The Moral Arc at the moment, and can recommend it.

Your immorality on war issues is enough to be getting on with for now, we don't need to sidetrack into your immorality on abortion issues.
    You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to morality Star. No credibility at all.

Soleimani has been a known terrorist for decades. As I showed earlier Obama had sanctioned him for terrorism years ago. The fact that YOU never heard of him until now doesn't mean he was some innocent General and diplomat. He was a monster.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He is a moral reprobate.
    I find it fascinating that you guys, as some of the most immoral people in the world, genuine seem to think not only that you are moral, but that you are in any position whatsoever to lecture anyone else about morality. Studying your fascinating psychologies is one of the main reasons this site still appeals to me.