Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iran Fires Missiles at U.S. Forces in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    That's the last thing I read, too. Some Iraqi casualties, but unknown if dead or injured.
    If Iraqis were killed or wounded, and no Americans were, maybe that will help Iraq realize Iran is not their friend.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      If Iraqis were killed or wounded, and no Americans were, maybe that will help Iraq realize Iran is not their friend.
      And if no Americans were killed, it is an opportunity to stop before it gets worse.

Comment

And if no Americans were killed, it is an opportunity to stop before it gets worse.
        Absolutely - and would be consistent with Trump "putting up with" Iran's hooliganism until an American was killed.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ain't going to happen unfortunately. It was baked into the political cake. Do you remember when Bolton was in office? We were this close from Trump ordering an actual airstrike in Iran territory, on the country itself, until he called it off at the last moment. Neither Iran nor US will back down now.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Ain't going to happen unfortunately. It was baked into the political cake. Do you remember when Bolton was in office? We were this close from Trump ordering an actual airstrike in Iran territory, on the country itself, until he called it off at the last moment. Neither Iran nor US will back down now.
            Meh, it's sounding more and more like Iran has to "do something" to appease their faithful, so they launched a bunch of missiles, then snorted "there, we showed you".

Comment

Iran is claiming that their response was "proportionate", and is concluded. We shall see.

Comment

Statement from the President'

"All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning."

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...all-is-well%2F
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Meh, it's sounding more and more like Iran has to "do something" to appease their faithful, so they launched a bunch of missiles, then snorted "there, we showed you".
                  I wasn't talking about Iran's response, genius. I was talking about our response to Iran's response, you know escalation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Statement from the President'

"All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning."

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...all-is-well%2F
                    Fine with me. Now we need someone to whisper into Trump's ear about how Obama would never have been so gracious as to give Iran a chance back into the nuclear agreement after it had fired upon Americans.

Comment

I wasn't talking about Iran's response, genius.
                      Is that really necessary, Sean? Have I insulted you in any way? I've pretty much agreed with a whole bunch of what you've been saying.

I was talking about our response to Iran's response, you know escalation.
                      Sure.

Comment

Is that really necessary, Sean? Have I insulted you in any way? I've pretty much agreed with a whole bunch of what you've been saying.

Sure.
                        Well, I don't know why you said something so stupid like that when it was obvious I wasn't talking about the scale of Iran's response.

Comment

Well, I don't know why you said something so stupid like that when it was obvious I wasn't talking about the scale of Iran's response.
                          What was stupid?

Comment

Ronson started off with....

I wasn't talking about Iran's response, genius. I was talking about our response to Iran's response, you know escalation.
                            I don't know why you took such offense, but I apologize -- apparently I was under the mistaken impression we were having a civil conversation.

Comment

To the people that have allied themselves with this fool and against the lessons of history: welcome to the real world where foolish and undisciplined idiots dont end up being 'the better of two evils'
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                To the people that have allied themselves with this fool and against the lessons of history: welcome to the real world where foolish and undisciplined idiots dont end up being 'the better of two evils'
                                I don't think he has a choice. But it is what it is. US has been saber rattling Iran, the two going back and fourth for years. It was inevitable.

Comment