Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 114

Thread: Iran Fires Missiles at U.S. Forces in Iraq

  1. #91
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,548
    Amen (Given)
    1199
    Amen (Received)
    21066
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    From yesterday morning...



    It hurts to be this smart.
    That was last night not yesterday morning.

    Still, not to minimize your prophetic abilities but anyone with even a passing understanding of geopolitics understood this was merely statecraft just by how ineffectual their attack was.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #92
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,546
    Amen (Given)
    13070
    Amen (Received)
    27642
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    That was last night not yesterday morning.
    Wait, WHAT??!?!?!

    [doublechecking]

    I got my AM and PM mixed up AGAIN!?!?!?! (Been living at the hospital while a friend has a tumor removed from her brain - night and day have run together)

    Still, not to minimize your prophetic abilities but anyone with even a passing understanding of geopolitics understood this was merely statecraft just by how ineffectual their attack was.
    Except, of course, the Democrats, who are still having the vapors over Trump bringing us to the brink of WWIII, and promising to vote to curtail his ability to protect our troops (of course, that's not the way they're explaining it).
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  3. #93
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,548
    Amen (Given)
    1199
    Amen (Received)
    21066
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wait, WHAT??!?!?!

    [doublechecking]

    I got my AM and PM mixed up AGAIN!?!?!?! (Been living at the hospital while a friend has a tumor removed from her brain - night and day have run together)


    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Except, of course, the Democrats, who are still having the vapors over Trump bringing us to the brink of WWIII, and promising to vote to curtail his ability to protect our troops (of course, that's not the way they're explaining it).
    I was thinking of the MSM, but then I'm being redundant.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  4. #94
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,564
    Amen (Given)
    6195
    Amen (Received)
    7661
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Thatís weird that you expect measured responses from a man who rarely gives measured responses.
    That's because the cartoon buffoon version of Trump that lives in the heads of liberals doesn't correspond with reality. I'm not at all surprised to see the President resolve this situation with a display of grace and strength.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #95
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,564
    Amen (Given)
    6195
    Amen (Received)
    7661
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Did MM ever say he was a Mennonite?
    Yeah, I missed that one. Maybe he misread my username as "Mennonite Man".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. #96
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,900
    Amen (Given)
    289
    Amen (Received)
    1125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The way he laid it out, though, really puts the onus on Iran to behave --- if they do something additional now, it will look very antagonistic.

    They need to accept the off-ramp.
    Not going to happen. You don't send more troops into a hotbed region that doesn't want you there in the first place, put more sanctions on Iran after just escalating things by killing their top leader, and expect less retaliation. I am surprised Trump didn't respond to the missile strike, and give him props for that. But it's like holding your chin out to someone who's itching to punch you and saying "I dare you."
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  7. #97
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,564
    Amen (Given)
    6195
    Amen (Received)
    7661
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Not going to happen. You don't send more troops into a hotbed region that doesn't want you there in the first place, put more sanctions on Iran after just escalating things by killing their top leader, and expect less retaliation. I am surprised Trump didn't respond to the missile strike, and give him props for that. But it's like holding your chin out to someone who's itching to punch you and saying "I dare you."
    Do you really think Iran could take a swing at this point without clearly looking like the aggressor?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #98
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,900
    Amen (Given)
    289
    Amen (Received)
    1125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Do you really think Iran could take a swing at this point without clearly looking like the aggressor?
    That's my point. There's no reason to think things will deescalate from here when US set it up to where escalation is inevitable. Even if Iran itself ceases to act out, there's no question the terrorist rebels in Iraq they support will at some point. IOW, the situation has been made impossible for deescalation. Now if Trump actually goes to the negotiating table that could change, but I highly doubt that will happen, though I've been surprised before.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  9. #99
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,357
    Amen (Given)
    469
    Amen (Received)
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Naive Man View Post
    That's because the cartoon buffoon version of Trump that lives in the heads of liberals doesn't correspond with reality. I'm not at all surprised to see the President resolve this situation with a display of grace and strength.
    I like that you think he resolved this situation.

  10. #100
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,245
    Amen (Given)
    2002
    Amen (Received)
    1616
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought he did just fine... reinforced that we have plenty of options for lethal force, but also that we do not want to use that force -- talked about how great Iran can be, and wished them success, blah blah blah....

    I'm glad he didn't stray from the script, and I'm glad he thankyouthankyouthankyou'd then left without this turning into a Q&A yelling match.

    He has broadcast* to Iran and the world that we don't want to escalate.

    Ball is in Iran's court.




    *can that be used as a past tense, or does it need 'ed'?
    Yes, and Iran said the same to Trump, the ball is in the U.S. court, yadda yadda yadda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •