Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Plane Crash and Earthquake in Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That seems to be the narrative being promoted by liberals.

-----
    Q: How much responsibility does US bear for this tragedy?

Trudeau: Evidence suggests this is the likely cause.

Q: Do you feel US is partly responsible given they created the situation in which the missile was launched?

T: That’s one of many q’s people will be thinking about.

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/statu...inian-plane%2F

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA):

-----

These people are insane. Trump is no more responsible for the Iran shooting down a civilian plane than a police officer would be responsible if a suspect flees to avoid arrest and ends up mowing down a crowd of pedestrians. "The police shouldn't have tried to arrest him!" is a pretty dumb argument.
    Buttigeg has also piped in

00000000000000ab000-00aaad.jpg

His attempt at blaming both Trump and Iran for shooting down the passenger jet is receiving push back

Source: Buttigieg faces backlash for suggesting America's 'tit for tat' with Iran responsible for downed airplane

The tweet was pummelled on social media as critics slammed the 2020 presidential hopeful for placing blame on both the U.S. and Iran for the regime's deadly missile firing.

"Uh, Pete, they weren’t 'caught in the middle.' They were shot down BY IRAN. Military incompetence by the leading state sponsor of terrorism. Just because Dems hate Trump doesn’t justify false equivalence w/ Iran. Soleimani was a brutal terrorist who killed hundreds of Americans," Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, reacted.

"Nope. Nope. Nope," The Dispatch senior editor David French hit back. "Iran launched a missile strike against our own troops, and then blundered by shooting down a civilian airliner when it wasn't even under attack. That's the story. This is on Iran."

"If these reports are true, it means this airliner filled with hundreds of people was shot down by Iran just after Iran fired upon bases housing U.S. soldiers in Iraq. The U.S. did not fire back that night or since. There was no 'in the middle.' It was Iran. Iran did this. Period," Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy similarly stated.

"If running for president doesn't work, Mr. Mayor, you should apply to be a host, correspondent, or even president of Iranian state-run @PressTV," NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck quipped.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Iran is denying it shot down the plane and says it has invited the Ukraine and Boeing to join the investigation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...d-176-n1113366
      Interesting since yesterday they announced they were refusing to turn over the Black Box to investigators.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Iran is denying it shot down the plane and says it has invited the Ukraine and Boeing to join the investigation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...d-176-n1113366
        Yes, but only after they scrubbed the crash site. There are reports they've been using bulldozers to clear the debris field, and it's a safe bet that any pieces of wreckage that would allow investigators to identify a missile strike have been turned into scrap by now.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...investigation/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, but only after they scrubbed the crash site. There are reports they've been using bulldozers to clear the debris field, and it's a safe bet that any pieces of wreckage that would allow investigators to identify a missile strike have been turned into scrap by now.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...investigation/
          That the Iranians scrubbed the site doesn't mean that they managed to hide all the evidence; they probably know as much about how missile-induced damage would be identifiable as I do.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Interesting since yesterday they announced they were refusing to turn over the Black Box to investigators.
            Now they're claiming that the black box was damaged and some of the data has been "lost".

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4330296.html

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              That the Iranians scrubbed the site doesn't mean that they managed to hide all the evidence; they probably know as much about how missile-induced damage would be identifiable as I do.
              I would be very surprised if they didn't have their own aviation experts on hand to monitor and direct the clean-up operation.

Comment

Now they're claiming that the black box was damaged and some of the data has been "lost".

I wonder if BleachBit and ball-peen hammers were involved

Comment

I stumbled across this comment in response to an article:

"The plane crash was due to a mechanical failure caused by an offensive Youtube video."
                  -Susan Rice

Comment

how convenient. They are not helping their case. If they did shoot it down accidentally, which is what everyone thinks, then they should just admit it. By continuing to deny it and bulldozing the site, claiming the black box is damaged, etc, it is making it look like they deliberately shot it down or something.

Comment

I would be very surprised if they didn't have their own aviation experts on hand to monitor and direct the clean-up operation.
                      I wouldn't lay odds that their aviation experts are any more competent than their pilots.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think I'll take a wait and see position....media reports have been known to be occassionally misleading...
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          I think I'll take a wait and see position....media reports have been known to be occassionally misleading...
                          I think media reports have been shown to be occasionally correct. Sometimes.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

how convenient. They are not helping their case. If they did shoot it down accidentally, which is what everyone thinks, then they should just admit it. By continuing to deny it and bulldozing the site, claiming the black box is damaged, etc, it is making it look like they deliberately shot it down or something.
                            At this point, they could say, "Yeah, we deliberately shot it down, and we totally knew it was a civilian airliner, but we were so scared of that big ol' meany in the White House that we just weren't thinking straight!" and Democrats would flock to their defense.

Comment

At this point, they could say, "Yeah, we deliberately shot it down, and we totally knew it was a civilian airliner, but we were so scared of that big ol' meany in the White House that we just weren't thinking straight!" and Democrats would flock to their defense.
                              Sometimes I think you guys are a bit sick. But in threads like these, all doubt is removed.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Sometimes I think you guys are a bit sick. But in threads like these, all doubt is removed.
                                What's sick is how some of those on the left are seeking to shift the blame for the passenger jet being shot down from Iran and onto Trump.

Comment