Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Plane Crash and Earthquake in Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Looking like it was an accident by overreacting Iranian Anti-aircraft missile.

NY times has a video of the actual incident. You can see a missile flying up and hitting the plane.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/v...e-missile.html

found it here too:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...59579950139420
    Interesting that somebody happened to taking video at that exact moment.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Interesting that somebody happened to taking video at that exact moment.
      Might be somebody said "Hey there's a plane up there that doesn't belong there!" And grabbed a phone or camera to record for posterity....like many others have done ...
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        Might be somebody said "Hey there's a plane up there that doesn't belong there!" And grabbed a phone or camera to record for posterity....like many others have done ...
        Yeah, or they knew it was about to be shot down with missiles and wanted a cool video.

Comment

Yeah, or they knew it was about to be shot down with missiles and wanted a cool video.
          Looks to me like the video begins with the missile already in flight, and seconds from striking. So yeah. I'd say this is from someone close enough to hear the launch.

The Times has related the video to satellite imagery for verification.

video-diptych-2-720-720.jpg

video-diptych-1-720.jpg

Along with the delay between the sight of the missile exploding and its sound, and flight path data from FlightRadar24, we can be very sure this is video of the actual plane and the actual missile that brought it down.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            No, just the guy with a twitchy trigger finger.
            One guy on Fox suggested it might not have even been a "guy." He figured it was a Russian SAM system that can, optionally, be set to operate automatically.

Gen. Keane wondered why Iran was so colossally stupid as to have any airports open for business under the circumstances.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              One guy on Fox suggested it might not have even been a "guy." He figured it was a Russian SAM system that can, optionally, be set to operate automatically.

Gen. Keane wondered why Iran was so colossally stupid as to have any airports open for business under the circumstances.
              00000000000000ars3.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is beginning to look like Trump’s attack on Iran, and the tragic aftermath, was done to keep the impeachment out of the news. The recent ‘justification’ (military briefing) was widely condemned for being insufficient.

The BBC have a video of the missile strike.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  It is beginning to look like Trump’s attack on Iran, and the tragic aftermath, was done to keep the impeachment out of the news. The recent ‘justification’ (military briefing) was widely condemned for being insufficient.

Yeah that's it. He wants to keep something that the longer it goes on the more popular he becomes out of the news

ETA: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that when you described Soleimani's death as "tragic" you were just trolling yet again.

My bad. Misread what you called tragic
                  Last edited by rogue06; 01-10-2020, 07:04 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course it is all Trump's fault...

Rep. Kinzinger condemns 'sick' Democrat blaming Trump for Iran shooting down passenger plane

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kinzin...crash-on-trump
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Of course it is all Trump's fault...

Rep. Kinzinger condemns 'sick' Democrat blaming Trump for Iran shooting down passenger plane

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kinzin...crash-on-trump
                      Possibly just following the lead from the MSM. Yesterday the Associated Press published a story under the headline "Iranian general dies in a U.S. attack, and Canada suffers" (which they have since changed) making it crystal clear who they were blaming for the downing of the Ukrainian jet.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Yes, Orange Man Bad -- that explains everything.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Yes, Orange Man Bad -- that explains everything.
                          That seems to be the narrative being promoted by liberals.

-----
                          Q: How much responsibility does US bear for this tragedy?

Trudeau: Evidence suggests this is the likely cause.

Q: Do you feel US is partly responsible given they created the situation in which the missile was launched?

T: That’s one of many q’s people will be thinking about.

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/statu...inian-plane%2F

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA):

-----

These people are insane. Trump is no more responsible for the Iran shooting down a civilian plane than a police officer would be responsible if a suspect flees to avoid arrest and ends up mowing down a crowd of pedestrians. "The police shouldn't have tried to arrest him!" is a pretty dumb argument.

Comment

These people are insane. Trump is no more responsible for the Iran shooting down a civilian plane than a police officer would be responsible if a suspect flees to avoid arrest and ends up mowing down a crowd of pedestrians. "The police shouldn't have tried to arrest him!" is a pretty dumb argument.
                            And in that case, as in the case of the drone strike, careful evaluations are made --- is the guy fleeing the police because he ran a stop sign? In which case a police officer might terminate the chase to avoid civilian injuries. Or, as in this case, is the suspect a mass murderer, in which case you could well be preventing future murders, etc.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Iran is denying it shot down the plane and says it has invited the Ukraine and Boeing to join the investigation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...d-176-n1113366

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Iran is denying it shot down the plane and says it has invited the Ukraine and Boeing to join the investigation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...d-176-n1113366
                                This from that cite...

But Abedzadeh said in a press conference in Tehran that if the plane had been hit by a missile, the crash site would have been more like that of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 that was shot down over Ukraine in 2014, leaving debris strewn over a huge area.

Altitude is everything. This plane wasn't flying at 35,000 feet.

Comment