Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trumpís impeachment

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You're aware that Protestants rather tend to interpret the Bible for themselves, yes?
    And I am also aware that there are several "schools of thought" within Protestantism. And some Protestant do accept the controversial ideas in the controversial Facebook post. Though few would dare to connect them in that way.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I dont know where you get these rewrites of history...
    Nice try, but you have a big problem with honesty. You can double check the quotes and timelines for yourself. If you're going to accuse me of rewriting history then I expect you to be able to back it up.

In fact, Donald Trump has consistently denounced David Duke for decades.

And then during the midst of the 2015 presidential campaign, he explicitly denounced him multiple times over a period of several days, as I showed in my previous post.

Your claim that Trump has ever been hesitant or cagey about denouncing David Duke is demonstrably false. Own it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Nice try, but you have a big problem with honesty. You can double check the quotes and timelines for yourself. If you're going to accuse me of rewriting history then I expect you to be able to back it up.

In fact, Donald Trump has consistently denounced David Duke for decades.

And then during the midst of the 2015 presidential campaign, he explicitly denounced him multiple times over a period of several days, as I showed in my previous post.

Your claim that Trump has ever been hesitant or cagey about denouncing David Duke is demonstrably false. Own it.
    Wow. You might want to get your memory loss checked out.

During this controversy and 4(FOUR) days after Duke announced his endorsement of Trump, Donald said this in a Tapper interview:

Source: donald trump

"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about

© Copyright Original Source

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...about-former-/

All your quotes do is make it all the more damning in terms of Trump's refusal to denounce the endorsement and how he pretended not to know who Duke was, or what white supremacy was.

Note that Trump said this 2 days after he finally got around to denouncing dukes endorsement! So he waits 2 days to denounce it, then 'forgets' who he is or even what white supremacy is 2 days after that?

It is just absolute ignorance for anyone to buy into the tripe you are trying to peddle to cover for what Trump is and what he has done.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-09-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Wow. You might want to get your memory loss checked out.

During this controversy and 4(FOUR) days after Duke announced his endorsement of Trump, Donald said this in a Tapper interview:

Source: donald trump

"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about

© Copyright Original Source

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...about-former-/

All your quotes do is make it all the more damning in terms of Trump's refusal to denounce the endorsement and how he pretended not to know who Duke was, or what white supremacy was.

It is just absolute ignorance for anyone to buy into the tripe you are trying to peddle to cover for what Trump is and what he has done.
    Yes, the Tapper interview was addressed in my previous post. Trump says he had a faulty earpiece and couldn't clearly hear the questions and was answering the best he could. The CNN interview was on the evening of February 28. On the morning of February 29, Trump was on the Today Show explaining his inability to hear the questions and said, "I disavowed David Duke. And I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference."

Even Politifact gets this one right:

We found Trump denounced Duke years before his interview with Tapper.

In 1991, CNNís Larry King asked Trump what Dukeís success with white voters in a failed bid for the Louisiana governorship represented.

Trump replied: "I hate seeing what it represents, but I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country. There's a tremendous amount of hostility in the United States."

In 2000, Trump declined to run a Reform Party presidential bid in part because the party attracted Dukeís support. Trump also called Duke "a bigot, a racist, a problem."

During his 2016 bid, Trump disavowed Duke, but it was not as strongly worded as some of his earlier rebukes.

In 2015, when asked about a quasi-endorsement by Duke, Trump replied that he wouldnít want his endorsement. Asked if he would repudiate Duke, he replied: "Sure, I would do that, if it made you feel better. I donít know anything about him. Somebody told me yesterday, whoever he is, he did endorse me. Actually I donít think it was an endorsement. He said I was absolutely the best of all of the candidates."

In 2016, when asked about Dukeís endorsement of him, Trump said he wasnít aware of it.

"I didnít even know he endorsed me," he said. "David Duke endorsed me? Okay, all right. I disavow, okay?"

Sometimes Trump sounded exasperated by the question.

"I totally disavow the Klu Klux Klan," he said in a debate. "I totally disavow David Duke. Iíve been doing it now for two weeks, ... youíre probably about the 18th person thatís asked me the question."

Trump didnít condemn Duke when asked about him in an interview with Tapper on CNN in 2016. But decades before, he had clearly condemned the former KKK leader -- and he did so after the Tapper interview, too. Some of his disavowals have been brief.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...condemned-dav/

But apparently you're going to keep running with this lie as long as you think you can get away with it.

I'm done debating it with you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    TDS

I'm not even sure why anti-Semites would see a champion in Donald Trump who has Jewish family members and is one of the strongest supporters of Israel to sit in the Oval Office in decades.
    TDS goes both ways. Obviously, if there are Trumpers who feel comfortable saying those things, then derangement is not exclusive to those who oppose Trump.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    The alt right nutbars jumped on the Trump bandwagon early on, 2015. That was when many Republicans still thought his run for office was another chapter in the life of the reality TV star. Some of the support was cultivated, such as Bannon and Spencer some of it was not directly cultivated.

Trump has been accused of ties to the alt right from the beginning, which is why his comments after Charlottesville surprised me. I would have though he or his staff would have something prepared that would be symbolic yet widely accepted.
    Trump has been accused of being anything and everything but a child of God by the left and Never Trumpers pretty much from the get go.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Trump has been accused of being anything and everything but a child of God by the left and Never Trumpers pretty much from the get go.
    Which of course has nothing to do with the man himself being an obvious NPD sufferer and frequent sayer of doofus-y things. At some point, you have to understand that being a rather new state of affairs will alarm both left and right (George Will, George Conway, Ann Coulter, Steve Walsh, etc.).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, the Tapper interview was addressed in my previous post. Trump says he had a faulty earpiece and couldn't clearly hear the questions and was answering the best he could.
    Faulty ear pieces and the like seem to happen to Trump an awful lot. Don't they test these things before going live and verify that the participants can hear clearly (yes they do)?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yes he has, and sometimes for good reason. And one of those things he has been accused of is turning a blind eye, refusing to distance himself from support of people with ideas which ought to be condemned.

For some reason, conservatives demand that dens distance themselves from persons such as Farrakhan

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, the Tapper interview was addressed in my previous post. Trump says he had a faulty earpiece and couldn't clearly hear the questions and was answering the best he could. The CNN interview was on the evening of February 28. On the morning of February 29, Trump was on the Today Show explaining his inability to hear the questions and said, "I disavowed David Duke. And I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference."

Even Politifact gets this one right:

We found Trump denounced Duke years before his interview with Tapper.

In 1991, CNNís Larry King asked Trump what Dukeís success with white voters in a failed bid for the Louisiana governorship represented.

Trump replied: "I hate seeing what it represents, but I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country. There's a tremendous amount of hostility in the United States."

In 2000, Trump declined to run a Reform Party presidential bid in part because the party attracted Dukeís support. Trump also called Duke "a bigot, a racist, a problem."

During his 2016 bid, Trump disavowed Duke, but it was not as strongly worded as some of his earlier rebukes.

In 2015, when asked about a quasi-endorsement by Duke, Trump replied that he wouldnít want his endorsement. Asked if he would repudiate Duke, he replied: "Sure, I would do that, if it made you feel better. I donít know anything about him. Somebody told me yesterday, whoever he is, he did endorse me. Actually I donít think it was an endorsement. He said I was absolutely the best of all of the candidates."

In 2016, when asked about Dukeís endorsement of him, Trump said he wasnít aware of it.

"I didnít even know he endorsed me," he said. "David Duke endorsed me? Okay, all right. I disavow, okay?"

Sometimes Trump sounded exasperated by the question.

"I totally disavow the Klu Klux Klan," he said in a debate. "I totally disavow David Duke. Iíve been doing it now for two weeks, ... youíre probably about the 18th person thatís asked me the question."

Trump didnít condemn Duke when asked about him in an interview with Tapper on CNN in 2016. But decades before, he had clearly condemned the former KKK leader -- and he did so after the Tapper interview, too. Some of his disavowals have been brief.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...condemned-dav/

But apparently you're going to keep running with this lie as long as you think you can get away with it.

I'm done debating it with you.
    Good. Trumps reluctance to disavow Duke in 2015 was basically just a way to help keep them in his camp before the 2016 election. There is nothing innocent or excusable about it. His follow on actions since that time have only continued to give that sort of mindset the message that he's with them more than he is against them. And it is part of how his administration and his words and twitter feeds have helped create an environment where racism, anti-semitism and hate in many forms find themselves in a more friendly environment than they did three years ago.

And it is that environment that he continues to foster that many, including myself, believe is a contributor to the rise in anti-semitism.

It goes to why the kinds of things trump is constantly criticized for and you and others on this site continually try to minimize matter in the long run for our country and for the world.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

11. Amen Charles amen'd this post.