Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95

Thread: Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trumpís impeachment

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53

    Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trumpís impeachment

    https://www.jns.org/republican-party...s-impeachment/

    ďWhat amazes me the most in these theatrical Congress hearings, is to see how many Jews ĎIn Name Onlyí lend themselves to be in the hoaks [sic] of the pure made up story of Impeachment that the Democrats have woven as spiders catching flies and bugs,Ē wrote Sussex County Republican Party vice chairwoman Nelly Jordan

    ďThese jews [sic] have been enrolled to come and testify, to come and interrogate and to be involved in anything that the Democrats enlist them to do to try to look credible to the people of this country,Ē the post also stated.

    Jordan added that Jews were going against the G-dís will, ďas it was in the times of the Old Testament.Ē
    It is a dangerous game to exploit [economic anxiety] to win elections because there's always someone who takes it two or ten steps too far. I know many Republicans would condemn these statements but if we want to stop seeing things like this we have to also start condemning the Soros memes, birtherism (on all levels), jokes about Michelle Obama, Stephen Miller, and all similar exploitation of [economic anxiety].
    Last edited by DivineOb; 01-08-2020 at 10:53 PM.

  2. #2
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,048
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    https://www.jns.org/republican-party...s-impeachment/



    It is a dangerous game to exploit [economic anxiety] to win elections because there's always someone who takes it two or ten steps too far. I know many Republicans would condemn these statements but if we want to stop seeing things like this we have to also start condemning the Soros memes, birtherism (on all levels), jokes about Michelle Obama, Stephen Miller, and all similar exploitation of [economic anxiety].
    Apparently, Jordan knows them will of G-d, and so is authoritative!

    Is it about political opportunism, or are those ideas really part of the culture and the way people really think?

  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Apparently, Jordan knows them will of G-d, and so is authoritative!

    Is it about political opportunism, or are those ideas really part of the culture and the way people really think?
    There are a large number of people that hold ideas like this just below the surface waiting for a time when they feel safe enough to say them out loud. Trump and the current GOP trend have provided that environment.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
  5. #4
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,010
    Amen (Given)
    6101
    Amen (Received)
    7467
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There are a large number of people that hold ideas like this just below the surface waiting for a time when they feel safe enough to say them out loud. Trump and the current GOP trend have provided that environment.
    TDS



    I'm not even sure why anti-Semites would see a champion in Donald Trump who has Jewish family members and is one of the strongest supporters of Israel to sit in the Oval Office in decades.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  7. #5
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,856
    Amen (Given)
    5233
    Amen (Received)
    22957
    She should be removed from office, immediately.

  8. #6
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    TDS



    I'm not even sure why anti-Semites would see a champion in Donald Trump who has Jewish family members and is one of the strongest supporters of Israel to sit in the Oval Office in decades.
    You dont see because you choose not to.

    Trump has given voice to these groups. Whether trump holds all the same ideals they do is irrelavent. Trumps own racism, his anti immigration rhetoric, his comments on charlottesville, his comments on Haiti, his handling of Puerto Rico, could go on and on. His deference to demagogues, his anti media rhetoric, even his hate filled tweets containing personal attacks on peopke, even private citizens, his refusal to distance himself quickly from David Duke. All this has emboldened these people and created that environment where they feel they can Express what they have kept below the surface with some safety, that there are sympathetic ears out there.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  9. #7
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,048
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You dont see because you choose not to.

    Trump has given voice to these groups. Whether trump holds all the same ideals they do is irrelavent. Trumps own racism, his anti immigration rhetoric, his comments on charlottesville, his comments on Haiti, his handling of Puerto Rico, could go on and on. His deference to demagogues, his anti media rhetoric, even his hate filled tweets containing personal attacks on peopke, even private citizens, his refusal to distance himself quickly from David Duke. All this has emboldened these people and created that environment where they feel they can Express what they have kept below the surface with some safety, that there are sympathetic ears out there.
    The alt right nutbars jumped on the Trump bandwagon early on, 2015. That was when many Republicans still thought his run for office was another chapter in the life of the reality TV star. Some of the support was cultivated, such as Bannon and Spencer some of it was not directly cultivated.

    Trump has been accused of ties to the alt right from the beginning, which is why his comments after Charlottesville surprised me. I would have though he or his staff would have something prepared that would be symbolic yet widely accepted.

  10. #8
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,010
    Amen (Given)
    6101
    Amen (Received)
    7467
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You dont see because you choose not to.

    Trump has given voice to these groups. Whether trump holds all the same ideals they do is irrelavent. Trumps own racism, his anti immigration rhetoric, his comments on charlottesville, his comments on Haiti, his handling of Puerto Rico, could go on and on. His deference to demagogues, his anti media rhetoric, even his hate filled tweets containing personal attacks on peopke, even private citizens, his refusal to distance himself quickly from David Duke. All this has emboldened these people and created that environment where they feel they can Express what they have kept below the surface with some safety, that there are sympathetic ears out there.
    You're right, racism and anti-Semitism were never a problem in America until Trump was elected.

    TDS



    And I'm not going to go through your laundry list of whoppers, but I will zero in one in particular, because it's a lie I've called you on before. You claim that Trump "[refused] to distance himself quickly from David Duke". Here's a response to that from over a year ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That is a bald-faced lie. I showed you video evidence where Trump just two days before the CNN interview emphatically and without hesitation disavowed David Duke during a televised press conference. Here's the video clip in question, February 26, 2016:



    Trump: "I didnít even know he endorsed me. David Duke endorsed me? Okay, all right. I disavow, okay?"

    Two days later, February 28, during the CNN interview, Trump says he couldn't hear the questions clearly because of a faulty earpiece. If you read the CNN transcript, it's pretty clear that Trump heard something about "David Duke" and a reference to "groups" but didn't have the full context of the question and so answered the best he could, and his main intent seemed to be getting it on record that he had no personal relationship with David Duke.

    The day after the interview, February 29, Trump was on the Today Show and made his position crystal clear:

    "Iím sitting in a house in Florida, with a very bad earpiece that they gave me, and you could hardly hear what he was saying. But what I heard was Ďvarious groups.í And I donít mind disavowing anybody and I disavowed David Duke. And I disavowed him the day before at a major news conferenceÖ. I have no problem disavowing groups, but Iíd at least like to know who they are. It would be very unfair to disavow a group if the group shouldnít be disavowed. I have to know who the groups are. But I disavowed David Duke."

    March 1, Trump was asked by ABC news,

    "So, are you prepared right now to make a clear and unequivocal statement renouncing the support of all white supremacists?Ē

    His unflinching response: ďOf course I am."

    March 1, he was asked about it again at a press conference where he said,

    "We had a news conference and they asked me the exact same question. I said I disavow. Now, right after the [CNN interview] that weíre talking about ó and I thought it was clear, but you know, weíre talking about groups, groups, groups. I do have to know the name of the group because, who knows? I mean, they have to give me the name of the group. But right after, when I reviewed it, I put out a tweet and I put out on Facebook that I totally disavow. Now everybody knew I did that but the press refused to look at that. It was right after. And I disavowed then; I disavowed today on ABC with George Stephanopoulos, I disavowed again. I mean, how many times are you supposed to disavow? But I disavow and hopefully itís the final time I have to do it. But if you look at Facebook and if you look at Twitter, right after the show I put out a statement because I want everybody to be sure."

    You claim Trump was walking on eggshells because he didn't want to lose the support of white supremacists, but the facts clearly show that your claims are 100% false.

    It's OK, I don't expect you admit you're wrong. That's just the kind of guy you are.
    The rest of the items in your list aren't any more truthful.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,048
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    82
    Sounds like she has been paying attention in church. How many of the ideas are heard in church, read about, found on the net?

    How far from the mainstream is she?

  12. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    She should be removed from office, immediately.
    Indeed. If she's not, it will tell you a lot about the current trend in the GOP.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •