Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Do you get your understanding of the Christian faith from comedians, or it this an attempt at "parody" of the of the faith?

The OP refers to a controversial comment made, and since it is not an isolated comment, it is worth exploring.

The post contained two questions. Care to address both?
    Ironic coming from someone who the majority of his posts have been snarky satires don't you think?

I have addressed your points in this thread and others only to have you ignore them

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Ironic coming from someone who the majority of his posts have been snarky satires don't you think?

I have addressed your points in this thread and others only to have you ignore them
    And when I address the points made by you...........

But each snarky satire has been preceded by an attempt at discussion, in which someone kindly points out my lack of native intelligence, my lack of sufficient Christian credentials, or through the emphasis of the eristic over the faith based view.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And when I address the points made by you...........

But each snarky satire has been preceded by an attempt at discussion, in which someone kindly points out my lack of native intelligence, my lack of sufficient Christian credentials, or through the emphasis of the eristic over the faith based view.
    IOW, it's okay if you do it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just what does Jewish in name only mean in any Christian context?

Was David and the various Prophets really Jewish? Was Sen. Lieberman really Jewish?

Or does being Jewish demand a specific set of political views?

What does the "synagogue of satan" refer to? Does refer to Jews who reject the Christ, as some Christians claim, or those opposed to the message of the Christian Church? Does it refer to those who accept the Talmud (which teaches Jews are a superior race, according to Texe Mars) and its teachings?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Reason for the stampede of Jews to the Republican party: https://inspiredmessage.com/2017/03/...j-trump-and-7/

And with the number of African Americans switching to the Republicans........

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Use of 'G-d', familiarity with the Talmud, and verbal skill. Simplicio, are you Jewish?

the Talmud (which teaches Jews are a superior race, according to Texe Mars)
    Well, that just sounds racist to me.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Use of 'G-d', familiarity with the Talmud, and verbal skill. Simplicio, are you Jewish?

Well, that just sounds racist to me.
    Is there anything at all inconsistent with the Christian faith with any of those three things?

Is there anything about those things which restrict those three things to being Jewish?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    simplicio, did you know that direct answers actually possible? "Yes", "No", or "I don't want to talk about personal stuff" are all fine.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    simplicio, did you know that direct answers actually possible? "Yes", "No", or "I don't want to talk about personal stuff" are all fine.
    Why is that question even relevant? Is it acceptable for a Jew to leave the vowel out but not a Christian?

Is a rudimentary understanding of the Talmud inconsistent with being Christian? Especially in a world when much of Christianity holds a special regard for Jews and Judaism.

And this thread entertains the idea of what it means to be a Jew, as opposed to a Jew-in-name-only, as well as the hidden attitudes American Christians have toward Jews.

But the most interesting part of your post was its association of verbal skill with being Jewish. Do you see verbal skill as an accidental or essential characteristic of being a Jew?!

The direct answer to your post was made, and it was rather scathing. Are any of those things inconsistent with being a Christian? You did not answer that question.

Might want to pick up a Mark Noll book and read it. A good place to start is The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind
    Last edited by simplicio; 01-18-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative
    simplicio, did you know that direct answers actually possible?
    Why is that question even relevant?
    Because almost all of your sentences end with a question mark. It is annoying to read.

Is it acceptable for a Jew to leave the vowel out but not a Christian?
    No mention was made of it being acceptable, or unacceptable. Only whether you were Jewish.

Is a rudimentary understanding of the Talmud inconsistent with being Christian?
    Not at all, it just correlates with being Jewish.

Do you see verbal skill as an accidental or essential characteristic of being a Jew?!
    Many American Jews have a high cultural background. This correlates with high verbal skill.