Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Do you really think that those fine distinctions are kept in mind when the conversation turns to Israel, or Jewish support for Israel, or Jewish influence in society?
    Not to the ignorant.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The extreme right (KKK, White Supremacists) are not representative of the GOP, so characterizing the GOP as racist is nonsense to begin with. It make a convenient whipping boy for the Democrats to use but it isn't true. The average Republican isn't any more or less racist than the average Democrat. And there are plenty of racist black republicans and democrats too. Stop painting with such a broad brush.

The thing that holds back most blacks from joining the Republican party isn't white racism, it is being demonized by other blacks, being called "race traitors," "uncle Toms" etc.
      I think you are equating all forms of racism with the overt racism exhibited by the KKK. Since many blacks, and Whites, recognize that racist ideas can exist in less overt forms, such as structural racism, shows the disconnect.

And yes, many Jews were uncomfortable with the insinuations, by Republicans, of the divided loyalties of the American Army office of Ukrainian descent. Which shows that many Republicans are disconnected from the actual concerns of Jewish voters.

Comment

I think you are equating all forms of racism with the overt racism exhibited by the KKK. Since many blacks, and Whites, recognize that racist ideas can exist in less overt forms, such as structural racism, shows the disconnect.
        Oh! You meant LIBERAL racism, where they designate everything Republicans and whites do as "racist" -- why didn't you say so?

Comment

Oh! You meant LIBERAL racism, where they designate everything Republicans and whites do as "racist" -- why didn't you say so?
          So you don't really recognize any other soft forms of racism, just its overuse by liberals.

Since that sentiment exists across the Republicans, and the conservatives, I think it demonstrates the difficulties in drawing the two constituencies under the Republican banner.

Like your example about Omar's charge of dual loyalty, its only bad when a liberal does it!

To the extent that persons, or groups, acquiesce to racist ideas, they are racist.
          Last edited by simplicio; 01-10-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

So you don't really recognize any other soft forms of racism, just its overuse by liberals.

Since that sentiment exists across the Republicans, and the conservatives, I think it demonstrates the difficulties in drawing the two constituencies under the Republican banner.

Like your example about Omar's charge of dual loyalty, its only bad when a liberal does it!

To the extent that persons, or groups, acquiesce to racist ideas, they are racist.
            No. But apparently you have bought into the liberal claim that all white people are racist because they are white and especially if they are white males and conservative. But the liberals are woke so since their white people recognize they are inherently racist then that means they are not racist after all.

Comment

No. But apparently you have bought into the liberal claim that all white people are racist because they are white and especially if they are white males and conservative. But the liberals are woke so since their white people recognize they are inherently racist then that means they are not racist after all.
              The idea that I have bought into is that people who accept ideas that are racist, are actually racist. And that all racists don't join the klan and wear hoods.

And I have bought into the idea that racist ideas do not become acceptable if the other side does it too.

If dual loyalty arguments have traction when it is a Ukrainian Army officer, then why doesn't it have traction when it is about Jews (or say, an Army officer of Jewish extraction)

Comment

The idea that I have bought into is that people who accept ideas that are racist, are actually racist. And that all racists don't join the klan and wear hoods.

And I have bought into the idea that racist ideas do not become acceptable if the other side does it too.

If dual loyalty arguments have traction when it is a Ukrainian Army officer, then why doesn't it have traction when it is about Jews (or say, an Army officer of Jewish extraction)
                who says racism is ok if the otherside does it all I see is people showing hte hypocrisy of the other side who falsly accuse one side of what they are doing. the tactics of Saul alinsky

Comment

And when someone decides to say something is racist when it isn't? Or to claim an entire group of people (white people) are racist because they are white and have "privilege?"

no duh.

What the heck are you even talking about? I give up. Troll on dude.

Comment

And when someone decides to say something is racist when it isn't? Or to claim an entire group of people (white people) are racist because they are white and have "privilege?"

no duh.

What the heck are you even talking about? I give up. Troll on dude.
                    I am referring to your claim that Omar is antisemitic. And what did you show to support that? DUAL LOYALTY.

You, as well as other posters, have responded to arguments by using the tu quoque, the "Dems do it". If it really a "no, duh", then why is that response so common?

Comment

And God help them if they live south of the Mason-Dixon line. Obviously they're irredeemably deplorable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am referring to your claim that Omar is antisemitic. And what did you show to support that? DUAL LOYALTY.
                        I showed where she made actual antisemetic statements. Sheesh. You pick one thing and have been going on about that for pages now? from another thread? wow.

1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty. <---- wow

2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating "It's all about the Benjamins."
                        3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
                        4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
                        5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
                        6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.

She was even called out by her fellow democrats and told to cool it.

You, as well as other posters, have responded to arguments by using the tu quoque, the "Dems do it". If it really a "no, duh", then why is that response so common?
                        Again, what are you babbling about?
                        Last edited by Sparko; 01-10-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          And God help them if they live south of the Mason-Dixon line. Obviously they're irredeemably deplorable.
                          Shut up you racist! I know where you live!!! That makes you a Duke supporter!

Comment

Shut up you racist! I know where you live!!! That makes you a Duke supporter!
                            You likely don't even know my real name (IIRC only 3 people here do)

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You likely don't even know my real name (IIRC only 3 people here do)
                              It's Trumpy McTrumpface.

Comment

It's Trumpy McTrumpface.
                                Drat!

Comment