Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well I must live in a cave, cuz I never heard "paleoconservative" just like I never heard "Noseberg Sheklestien" before. But you seem quite full of liberal jargon double-speak. I got a kick out of that one post where you used just about every liberal term known to man in a couple of paragraphs. Truly amazing!
    I've at least heard of paleo-conservative (i.e., paleo-con, which appears to be a synonym for neocon), unlike "Noseberg Sheklestien" which simp seems so fixated on. The latter only has 300 some hits on the interwebz with more than a few being duplicates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I've at least heard of paleo-conservative (i.e., paleo-con, which appears to be a synonym for neocon), unlike "Noseberg Sheklestien" which simp seems so fixated on. The latter only has 300 some hits on the interwebz with more than a few being duplicates.
      Hey, I wonder if you noticed which other ideas accompanied the Noseberg Shekelstein hits? That was why I brought it up!

Paleo is not a synonym for neo, it is an opposing view of conservatism coming from within conservatism.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        Hey, I wonder if you noticed which other ideas accompanied the Noseberg Shekelstein hits? That was why I brought it up!
        I think you brought up an insanely obscure term and presented it as something common as an attempt to sow dissension and try to stir up trouble.

Just sayin' since you asked.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think you brought up an insanely obscure term and presented it as something common as an attempt to sow dissension and try to stir up trouble.

Just sayin' since you asked.
          So in other words, you did not noticed which ideas accompanied the use of Noseberg Shekelstein, all in a discussion about Christian inability to recognize antisemitism and racism, while many Christians earnestly claim not to notice any racism at all.

Hmmmmm, the squabble over CRT (and the controversial resolution of the SBC) is that many Christians notice that certain objectionable ideas accompany the use of CRT!

Color me surprised.

I did not present the term "Noseberg Shekelstein" because it was common, rather that it was easily recognized as antisemitic. At least I thought it easily recognized.

Comment

So in other words, you did not noticed which ideas accompanied the use of Noseberg Shekelstein, all in a discussion about Christian inability to recognize antisemitism and racism, while many Christians earnestly claim not to notice any racism at all.

Hmmmmm, the squabble over CRT (and the controversial resolution of the SBC) is that many Christians notice that certain objectionable ideas accompany the use of CRT!

Color me surprised.

I did not present the term "Noseberg Shekelstein" because it was common, rather that it was easily recognized as antisemitic. At least I thought it easily recognized.
            IOW, I don't search through the internet desperately looking for racist terms used by a tiny handful of people and seek to color all Christians as being that way (or demanding that they prove they aren't) as you have done.

Color me disappointed.

Comment

IOW, I don't search through the internet desperately looking for racist terms used by a tiny handful of people and seek to color all Christians as being that way (or demanding that they prove they aren't) as you have done.

Color me disappointed.
              And you think that is an accurate characterization?

Christians call out others for seeing racism where none exist, and when confronted with the example, used by racist, did not have the tools, skills, or the motivation to recognize racism. Even going so far as to proudly talk about using the memes in precisely the same way that the racists used it.

Persons who cannot recognize Noseberg Shekelstein as racist are hardly credible arbiters of deciding what constitutes racism, and places an interesting context on there claims of not seeing racism.

I do recognize that most Christians are able to recognize racism and that specific example as racist. But do routines, rituals, attitudes, and dispositions of Christians coming together on Tweb influence Christians to disavow racism? Maybe it draws them to staking positions which both Christian and seculars would rightly condemn in a public figure.

Comment

The difference is that paleo conservatism has been discussed in the news and on tweb, and it is a central issue within the conservative movement: the shifting of power, influence, and which set of elites and influencers hold sway in the change from Reagan style conservatism to today's more isolationist, anti globalist, anti militarist form of conservatism.

And there is nothing in the name which glancing at the name would yield any real understanding on its meaning.

Noseberg Shekstein is not in the news, nor has it been discussed on tweb, and it is not a central issue in anything

But a brief glance at the term should have yielded a clue as to its real nature, an understanding of its meaning.

So basically those two are polar opposites in every way!
                I did a search on tweb for paleo conservative and you seem to be the only person who has ever used it here until this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I did a search on tweb for paleo conservative and you seem to be the only person who has ever used it here until this thread.
                  Several posters are unmistakenly paleo here

Demi and I had an exchange about the commie infiltration of the conservative movement, via the Trotskyite neocons. I thought it was used there. But anyway, the paleos are the big competitor to neo cons within todays conservative movement, which is shifting away from the neo cons and toward the paleos. The distinction is not trivial, it signals a marked change away from Reagan style conservatism, the end of a forty year run.

The factional infighting (which is a normal part of politics) within the Republican party will be largely between those two groups, that observation is based on the changes within conservatism of the last half dozen years or so.

If you think israel is really important, might want to look into it, because I wonder if the rise of the paleos signals a future shift in Israeli policy.

Comment