Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Lincoln airs New ad Targeting Christian Trump Supporters

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Project Lincoln airs New ad Targeting Christian Trump Supporters

Would like to hear opinions on what you think of it. There is some strong language (from Trump) in the video so if posting it violates TWeb guidelines we can handle this thread as appropriate.

I don't have much opinion about it since it isn't targeted at me and a lot of the stuff in it I had already heard. Not sure that this will have much impact on those suffering from TAS.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A mishmash of split-second edited clips. What is the gist of the video? What is it trying to say?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

3. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I personally doubt very much that Trump is a Christian. Or if he is, he is very much a baby one who has been given bad advice by televangelists and the word of faith wolves that surround him.

5. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have said this before. I think Jimmy Carter is a good Christian but was a lousy President. And I think Trump is a lousy Christian (or not one) and a good President.

7. Amen DivineOb, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    a) I don't worship Trump; I am aware he is a highly flawed human being.

2) I will probably vote for him again, because he will almost certainly again be the lesser of two viable unpleasant choices.

I don't know anyone who thinks he's God's anointed President.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    a) I don't worship Trump; I am aware he is a highly flawed human being.

2) I will probably vote for him again, because he will almost certainly again be the lesser of two viable unpleasant choices.

I don't know anyone who thinks he's God's anointed President.
    I've only encountered that term very sparingly a few times. I was worried once that the religious right would really try to hammer that rhetoric, but it thankfully never took off.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I couldn't tell if it was saying Trump is a fake Christian fooling evangelicals or the Christian evangelical base was fake for supporting Trump, or both. I assume the former?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I've only encountered that term very sparingly a few times. I was worried once that the religious right would really try to hammer that rhetoric, but it thankfully never took off.
    That's because "the religious right" isn't Ned Flanders like their critics make them out to be.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's because "the religious right" isn't Ned Flanders like their critics make them out to be.
    You apparently haven’t heard the evangelists who support Trump.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    A mishmash of split-second edited clips. What is the gist of the video? What is it trying to say?
    It's fairly obvious what it is saying seanD. It's saying there is a subset of Christian ministry that is pushing the Idea that Donald Trump is a man chosen by God and it is a Christians duty to support him no matter what he does, no matter how contrary to Christian faith his actions, policies, behavior, and words might be. These are clips of ministers of the Gospel, well known, popular people, not just saying Trump is the better of two rock and hard place choices, but that Donald Trump has the full and nearly unlimited backing of God Himself.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"