Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Is it your position that his speech malfunctions that morning were due to exhaustion? Really?

Yes, he looked exhausted. Watch the video. He was probably up all night from the situation in the middle east. That and he obviously can't speak from a teleprompter as I said. He does much better speaking off the cuff.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can I please get a show of hands from the Trump supporters who watched my video? Don't @ me about other stuff until you do.
    I watched the whole speech as it happened DOB. And again later on youtube. And I watched your video.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One of my crowning moments in my college public speaking class was when I gave a 15-minute extemporaneous speech. And I was completely honest about it in my self evaluation. We were supposed to study and practice in front of friends, and so on, but I told my instructor, "Nope, I just made it up on the spot." I got an A.
    I am just the opposite. I can speak one on one with someone or even a few people in an informal context with no problem, but put me in front of a crowd in a formal speech setting, even if the crowd is full of my friends and I freeze up. If it is just me in front of a crowd and I am just giving an announcement or similar, I have no problem. Like when I hosted the gift exchange at the tweb convention. But I was asked to be the best man at my friend's wedding and had to give the "best man" speech and I stuttered and sweated through the whole thing.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have you ever seen someone with those kinds of speech malfunctions who wasn't under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a medical condition? I haven't.
    Me, as I said above.

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Right. But that's also a trivial matter to solve using any number of medications he has access to 24/7. If he chose not to avail himself of them before one of the most important speeches of his life then that's almost worse!
    so now you are complaining because he DIDN'T take drugs.

Come on, DoB! You are trying to play catch 22 here. sheesh.

Some people have trouble speaking off the cuff and others have trouble reading from a scrolling teleprompter. That doesn't mean they are demented or drug addled.

It must be nice to never, ever make a slip-up when giving a speech. How do you do it?
    Last edited by Sparko; 01-13-2020 at 08:33 AM.

7. Amen Mountain Man, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes, he looked exhausted. Watch the video. He was probably up all night from the situation in the middle east. That and he obviously can't speak from a teleprompter as I said. He does much better speaking off the cuff.
    Yeah, reading words is really tough.

9. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am just the opposite. I can speak one on one with someone or even a few people in an informal context with no problem, but put me in front of a crowd in a formal speech setting, even if the crowd is full of my friends and I freeze up. If it is just me in front of a crowd and I am just giving an announcement or similar, I have no problem. Like when I hosted the gift exchange at the tweb convention. But I was asked to be the best man at my friend's wedding and had to give the "best man" speech and I stuttered and sweated through the whole thing.
    I did the same at my brothers wedding, and he did the same at my other brothers wedding. He turned beet red and no one could hear what he mummbled, and I basically did the same thing. You're not alone.

11. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Rethink that - do you really want an explanation for every hiccup, bad hair day and tongue trip? Because no one owes you as employer an explanation for their private matters that do not substantively affect performance and if we set such a precedent, there will be no end. Heck, it could even be used to demand DNA - and why stop with sitting presidents? Betcha someone out there still wants to prove Obama wasn't born in Hawaii...
    Straw man. I'm asking for an explanation for something *consistent with a serious medical problem*, which has *recently shown up* and *appears to be getting worse*.

Most jobs can't demand things like this. But he's got the most important job in the country. It is in his power to end all human life on the planet. Read that a second time. In minutes the end of human civilization and eventual end of human life. I'd be fine with asking the president to get his DNA sequenced (under proper controls) so we can better understand what possible medical issues might affect her.

You don't want the job? Don't volunteer!

So Biden needs a new physical and a psych eval? Because Biden has far more instances on camera that can be construed as dementia - several so bad that he literally is talking nonsense.
    If there is even a fraction of the evidence he has dementia as we have for Trump then yes, he owes us answers before he give him the most important and stressful job in the country. At his age we should take as many extra precautions as we can. Sanders too since he just had a heart attack.

And there is dispute - a video montage is not diagnostic - not by a long shot. Even less so when weaponized politically.

Pence is on Trump's ticket - so, are you now mentally impaired because you literally just posted nonsense? Or can we chalk it up to 'nobody's perfect'? If the latter, be nice and show Trump the same latitude you want for yourself.
    Not sure what you mean. I meant Pence to be at the top of the ticket.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Me, as I said above.
    I must have missed this. Can you point me to the message or requote it?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe *you* need a psych eval, your trolling is really slipping.

so now you are complaining because he DIDN'T take drugs.
    This doesn't even qualify as a straw man. I complained about him *abusing* drugs. I *hope* the president takes drugs, when warranted, under her doctor's care.

Some people have trouble speaking off the cuff and others have trouble reading from a scrolling teleprompter. That doesn't mean they are demented or drug addled.
    There are specific warning signs for dementia, such as aphasia (e.g. saying 'oranges' when you mean 'origins'). They don't prove anything on their own but they are enough to warrant serious questions and concerns. Surely you agree that if there is even a 1% chance the president has worsening dementia it presents a clear and present danger to our country, right?

It must be nice to never, ever make a slip-up when giving a speech. How do you do it?
    I've done it before. Never had my brain reboot. If I started talking like Trump does in those videos I'd head right to the doctor, as would you!