Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Here's a video piecing together a three of Trump's serious speech malfunctions from Wednesday. Look how he struggled to even get his mangled version of 'terrorist' out. Clearly his brain continues to melt down from his dementia and (documented) long term drug abuse. Or is it just more TDS from me? Give an honest look and make up your own mind.

https://twitter.com/Craigrm5/status/1214974607377088513

Trump's issues are not *just* old age but we (as a country) also need to be honest about our increasing ability to keep our bodies working for far longer than our brains can keep pace. Four of the current frontrunners for 2020 (Trump, Sanders, Biden, Warren) are 70 or older and at two of them (Trump and Sanders) have had serious health scares within the last ~6 months. Bloomberg is also over 70 as well.

Should we consider a constitutional amendment limiting the president to not more than, say, 70 at the start of their first full term and not more than 74 at the start of their second? Or mandate that to be eligible past age 70 they must pass three comprehensive medital (physical and mental) top hospitals or something? How do we avoid getting stuck with a mentally enfeebled president for which there is no political appetite to do anything about as with Reagan (who, amusingly, turned 70 three weeks after being sworn in)?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Biden seems to have dementia too, which is one reason I think it's crucial that Bernie rather than Biden be the Dem nominee.

Mandatory 3rd party health-testing and publication of the results could be worthwhile though, along with mandatory releasing of tax returns.

I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to put a hard age limit on the president, as in future decades as medicine improves human functioning at that age, such an age limit will become problematic.

I would argue the underlying problem is that the US has a presidential system in the first place. To actually fix the problem, change to a parliamentary system. Then the parties will appoint their leaders and change them out if and when they become unfit to lead. But I accept that kind of level of change is non-viable in the US at the moment.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    and at two of them (Trump and Sanders) have had serious health scares within the last ~6 months.
    What was Trump's health scare?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here's a video piecing together a three of Trump's serious speech malfunctions from Wednesday. Look how he struggled to even get his mangled version of 'terrorist' out. Clearly his brain continues to melt down from his dementia and (documented) long term drug abuse. Or is it just more TDS from me? Give an honest look and make up your own mind.

https://twitter.com/Craigrm5/status/1214974607377088513

Trump's issues are not *just* old age but we (as a country) also need to be honest about our increasing ability to keep our bodies working for far longer than our brains can keep pace. Four of the current frontrunners for 2020 (Trump, Sanders, Biden, Warren) are 70 or older and at two of them (Trump and Sanders) have had serious health scares within the last ~6 months. Bloomberg is also over 70 as well.

Should we consider a constitutional amendment limiting the president to not more than, say, 70 at the start of their first full term and not more than 74 at the start of their second? Or mandate that to be eligible past age 70 they must pass three comprehensive medital (physical and mental) top hospitals or something? How do we avoid getting stuck with a mentally enfeebled president for which there is no political appetite to do anything about as with Reagan (who, amusingly, turned 70 three weeks after being sworn in)?
    Already done - it's called the 25th Amendment.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Clearly his brain continues to melt down from his dementia and (documented) long term drug abuse.
    Then document it. smiley waiting-impatient.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yeah, Larry Elder quoted a gossip columnist that actually refuted this saying that such dirty laundry would have been a huge scoop - but the accusations don't begin until he announced his candidacy.

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, Larry Elder quoted a gossip columnist that actually refuted this saying that such dirty laundry would have been a huge scoop - but the accusations don't begin until he announced his candidacy.
    Then there is the little fact that Trump is well-known for being a teetotaller who has never smoked. Not the typical type of person who is a drug abuser.

But I still want to see if DoB can back up his accusation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

10. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump just has trouble reading from a teleprompter. He is used to speaking without a script. Not to mention he looked tired from being up all night.

If you watch his interview with Laura Ingram on Fox he speaks very clearly with no rambling or hesitation.

Last edited by Sparko; 01-11-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Trump just has trouble reading from a teleprompter. He is used to speaking without a script. Not to mention he looked tired from being up all night.

If you watch his interview with Laura Ingram on Fox he speaks very clearly with no rambling or hesitation.

Trudeau is the exact opposite. As long as he's reading something, he's fine, but when speaking off the cuff he can't string 2 words together.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

13. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

I happened to work an event where Trump was speaking, and I noticed that his habit is to use the teleprompter more as an outline than a verbatim script. He spoke for around 90-minutes and only read directly from the teleprompter perhaps a quarter of the time.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra