Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Who are you again?
    see? you forgot already!

Comment

• My speach and speling are always purfect and propper. :sumg:
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        My speach and speling are always purfect and propper. :sumg:
        Alway parrot, in ever way.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          And guess what? When I’m tired or stressed, I’m more likely to mispronounce words or skip words. Guess I must be getting dementia vs simply my dyslexic symptoms standing out more.
          Listen, I hate Trump almost as much as a I hate McConnell. But even I could feel myself getting caught up in his announcement speech. He was just so much more effective of a speaker. So much better able to string ideas together coherently. He had so much greater dynamic range in how he spoke. All of that is gone now.

As I've said previously I know you're the dollar store MAGA man so there's no getting through to you. I hope others can ask themselves when was the last time you saw Trump speak like he did in that announcement video. I bet it's been a long, long time.

Stated differently, who is the last president you saw who routinely bungled public speaking as badly as Trump does these days? Not Obama. Not W. Not Clinton. Not HWB (I assume, I was in middle / high school back then so didn't pay as much attention). I bet not even Reagan who started developing dementia near the end. Only Trump. Why might that be? Is he just out of his depth or is it something else?

Comment

• This is a perfect post. You can't get a better post. Very clear, without any mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              This is a perfect post. You can't get a better post. Very clear, without any mistakes.
              Afraid to answer my questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Listen, I hate Trump almost as much as a I hate McConnell. But even I could feel myself getting caught up in his announcement speech. He was just so much more effective of a speaker. So much better able to string ideas together coherently. He had so much greater dynamic range in how he spoke. All of that is gone now.

As I've said previously I know you're the dollar store MAGA man so there's no getting through to you. I hope others can ask themselves when was the last time you saw Trump speak like he did in that announcement video. I bet it's been a long, long time.

Stated differently, who is the last president you saw who routinely bungled public speaking as badly as Trump does these days? Not Obama. Not W. Not Clinton. Not HWB (I assume, I was in middle / high school back then so didn't pay as much attention). I bet not even Reagan who started developing dementia near the end. Only Trump. Why might that be? Is he just out of his depth or is it something else?
                That’s a great rant you got going on there, but guess what, I know you’re full of crap because I experience the same stuff myself. My public speaking class was one of my few classes I had to actually work at because I memorized the speech, make sure I got everything right, made sure no ummmm’ were not in there, made sure eye contact was good, etc. I practiced several times before and made sure I slept well before my speeches were due. Some are great public speakers that can throw together speeches easily, others must practice before getting on stage. Your logic is insane and would indicate that I must have dementia instead of dyslexia, which can case public speaking issues. You can scream, “You’re just a MAGA girl!!!!” All you want dear, but what should I believe? Actual experience or someone suffering from a massive case of TDS? Lots of things cause stuttering, mispronunciations, or slurring of words. You have not shown any medical science to make your case, just insane assertions that you try to pass off as medical science. Showing video clips doesn’t make your case because some might be after practice sessions and others not.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieoftremor
                  That’s a great rant you got going on there, but guess what, I know you’re full of crap because I experience the same stuff myself. My public speaking class was one of my few classes I had to actually work at because I memorized the speech, make sure I got everything right, made sure no ummmm’ were not in there, made sure eye contact was good, etc. I practiced several times before and made sure I slept well before my speeches were due. Some are great public speakers that can throw together speeches easily, others must practice before getting on stage. Your logic is insane and would indicate that I must have dementia instead of dyslexia, which can case public speaking issues. You can scream, “You’re just a MAGA girl!!!!” All you want dear, but what should I believe? Actual experience or someone suffering from a massive case of TDS? Lots of things cause stuttering, mispronunciations, or slurring of words. You have not shown any medical science to make your case, just insane assertions that you try to pass off as medical science. Showing video clips doesn’t make your case because some might be after practice sessions and others not.
                  Don't take my word for it sweetheart. Watch the video of Trump's candidacy and ask yourself when the last time you saw him speaking like that was.

Comment

Don't take my word for it sweetheart. Watch the video of Trump's candidacy and ask yourself when the last time you saw him speaking like that was.
                    You should call Schiff right away and tell him to drop this sham impeachment and invoke the Twenty-fifth Amendment instead!!!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Afraid to answer my questions?
                      I believe I answered them all?

Comment

You should see my before and afternoon practice sessions.

Yep, no other medical causes, must be what your TDS tells you!
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I believe I answered them all?
                          Not in this post. I thought your post immediately following was a reply to it.

Comment

Not in this post. I thought your post immediately following was a reply to it.
                            Why would I reply for Lpot?

Comment

I don't know about sociopath, but I do think he is a narcissist, and that's just my opinion.

But that article was just trash. A guy who never met Trump can't psychoanalyze him to that degree from watching him on TV.
                              The contributor of the linked article is in a much better position than you to express an opinion about the state of Trump's mental health. "Lance Dodes, M.D. is a Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and was assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School..."

http://www.drlancedodes.com/bio/

And he is but one of several authoritative opinions referenced in the same Newsweek article.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...fessor-1468441

Attempting to dismiss all concerns and criticisms of Trump as TDS is merely avoiding the issue.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Does the fact that this was a one time thing which hasn't been repeated mean anything to anyone? I mean if it is due to an illness or disorder it should be a regular thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment