Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Why do you enlighten me?
    It took a minute to find an example:

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Here Tom Arnold and Noel Casler directly accuse him.

Here reputable journalist Kurt Eichenwald (formerly of Newsweek) dumps info about Trump taking prescribed habit forming "amphetamine derivatives" for years, far in excess of the 25 weeks considered a safe maximum.

As far as him being a teetotaller, that's not true either.
      So you produced a rumor mill, filled with gossip. What were democrats saying in 2016, when similar accusations were made against Hillary Clinton?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Similar to Obama. Look up the video’s of when his teleprompter stops working, for examples.

Yes, I recall that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But he gets to use the excuse that he hadn't had much sleep!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            What was Trump's health scare?
            When he rushed off to Walter Reed in November to allegedly get "half" of his annual physical done "ahead of time."

Despite that not being a thing. Here's a quote from former a Secret Service agent

This does not add up; the White House Medical Unit has very comprehensive facilities at the White House complex that could easily accommodate most of what is needed in an annual physical. As a fmr USSS Agent assigned POTUS, I have never seen the annual formality occur in stages.
            Despite the White House having well equipped medical facilities (but not on par with Walter Reed).

Despite this allegedly pre-scheduled medical appointment not being on the president's calendar.

We don't know exactly what the scare was though I've heard plausible speculation.
            Last edited by DivineOb; 01-11-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Is it your position that the sort of rough speaking Obama showed in that clip is of the same nature as Trump's difficulty in the video I posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Rumors and gossip. Is that the best you can do?
                I hear you but these are real people who can and should be sued for slander and libel if what they're saying isn't true. I'd certainly support such a lawsuit.
                Last edited by DivineOb; 01-11-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

So you produced a rumor mill, filled with gossip. What were democrats saying in 2016, when similar accusations were made against Hillary Clinton?
                  They were saying that she had pneumonia which her doctor confirmed. And we can clearly see, based on her health since then, that it was true.

But not interested in bringing Clinton Derangment Syndrome into this.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    But he gets to use the excuse that he hadn't had much sleep!

Notice how Obama acknowledges that he is messing up his speech yet Trump says words which don't exist and makes no effort to correct himself. Why do you suppose that might be?

Comment

Notice how Obama acknowledges that he is messing up his speech yet Trump says words which don't exist and makes no effort to correct himself. Why do you suppose that might be?

Don't know, don't care. It's nitpicking.

Comment

Is it your position that the sort of rough speaking Obama showed in that clip is of the same nature as Trump's difficulty in the video I posted?

Things go on behind the scenes nobody knows about. He has spoken clearly in the past few weeks. Being exhausted can be the cause. No conspiracy theory required.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Things go on behind the scenes nobody knows about. He has spoken clearly in the past few weeks. Being exhausted can be the cause. No conspiracy theory required.
                          Did you watch the video I posted?

Comment

They were saying that she had pneumonia which her doctor confirmed. And we can clearly see, based on her health since then, that it was true.

But not interested in bringing Clinton Derangment Syndrome into this.
                            Being up for days can be like being drunk. No tin foil required for that theory. Besides, the White House Dr hasn’t said any sort of underlying health issues, so is he lying? If so, what makes you believe Clinton’s doctor didn’t lie too? See how this game works yet?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Being up for days can be like being drunk. No tin foil required for that theory. Besides, the White House Dr hasn’t said any sort of underlying health issues, so is he lying? If so, what makes you believe Clinton’s doctor didn’t lie too? See how this game works yet?
                              Except we know that Trump's doctors lie, at least about his height.

Comment

Here Tom Arnold and Noel Casler directly accuse him.

Here reputable journalist Kurt Eichenwald (formerly of Newsweek) dumps info about Trump taking prescribed habit forming "amphetamine derivatives" for years, far in excess of the 25 weeks considered a safe maximum.

As far as him being a teetotaller, that's not true either.
                                Tom Arnold? The former actor who has been peddling Trump-related conspiracy theories so out there that even the maliciously anti-Trump New York Times said that to characterize them as "a nothingburger is inadequate" (and referred to them as a "nothingbuffet").

Apparently the claim originates from a picture which showed a couple boxes of Sudafed in the background (which Arnold then turned into a allegation that he saw Trump snorting Sudafed). A claim which the reliably liberal Snopes declared was

You really should be embarrassed for trying to pass this off as a "documented" fact.

And some bartender claiming that he served him drinks is at least somewhat more credible although the bar you established here for that exists under a sub-basement.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that Trump was served drinks at one point. Does that mean he drank them? No. They could be for other people or as seen here for the purpose of toasts

I mean weren't you the least bit curious as to why that the only witnesses is some anonymous bartender and there isn't a single person who was with Trump at the time corroborating it? No business associates (many of who are competitors and wouldn't mind seeing Trump taken down a peg or two). None of the women that he was with. Just a bartender.
                                Last edited by rogue06; 01-11-2020, 11:32 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment