Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The burdensome Christianity?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Jim I think you need to take a break. If Tweb is so awful and sick, maybe you need to stay away for your own sanity. No, I am not trying to get rid of you, but you obviously hate us and the site. So why stick around torturing yourself? It has to be causing stress.
    You are reversing things Sparko. I try every day to have decent, respectful conversations with the members here. I am simply not allowed to do so. Even if I manage not to be provoked, I must contend with an unending set of attempts to 'knock me off the wagon' as it were. Some of the worst I've just been forced to put on ignore.

Why you and others cant see that is how it goes I will likely never quite get, but you and I are to this point having a decent discussion in the other thread. So if I hate you, how can that be happening?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You are reversing things Sparko. I try every day to have decent, respectful conversations with the members here. I am simply not allowed to do so. Even if I manage not to be provoked, I must contend with an unending set of attempts to 'knock me off the wagon' as it were. Some of the worst I've just been forced to put on ignore.

Why you and others cant see that is how it goes I will likely never quite get, but you and I are to this point having a decent discussion in the other thread. So if I hate you, how can that be happening?
    Well I hope you don't hate me. I still consider you a friend, even though we disagree on various topics. I have tried not to insult you or provoke you, but I have still been accused of doing so, so I assumed you disliked me.

But still it seems that if you feel like everyone is provoking you and attacking you, why do you stick around? I see it causing you stress and your reactions have gotten stronger lately.

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What??? you mean THIS?!?!?!?!

I made a funny, and that's an ATTACK, and your best example of..... wow.

I suppose somebody in your condition could see it that way.

Keep saying that over and over, Jim, cause it looks like you're even having to convince yourself of that nonsense.

Praise God for THAT!

Jim, perhaps you should dial down your own rage and hate before calling somebody else out for making goofy comments.

Sheeeesh... the log in your own eye....
    Sheesh is right. But notice how you masterfully dance around the argument: He stated that things started to diverge around post 35 or so, then after a few back and forth posts, ox presented the opening, calling it "post 35", which you zeroed in on.

And you really don't think you are trolling the board?

Its not like this is an isolated example and a one-off thing.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Sheesh is right. But notice how you masterfully dance around the argument: He stated that things started to diverge around post 35 or so, then after a few back and forth posts, ox presented the opening, calling it "post 35", which you zeroed in on.

And you really don't think you are trolling the board?

Its not like this is an isolated example and a one-off thing.
    Charles, is that YOU?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Charles, is that YOU?
    I take it Charles addresses your rhetorical techniques you rely on. Now you could ask yourself if there is any substance to it, but that would require a self examination.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I take it Charles addresses your rhetorical techniques you rely on. Now you could ask yourself if there is any substance to it, but that would require a self examination.
    Yeah.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah.
    Does the "yeah" apply to the first sentence or the second?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Does the "yeah" apply to the first sentence or the second?
    Yes.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    JPII suggested we, as Christians, have a fourfold responsibility towards social evils in his Reconciliation et penitentia:

The personal sins of those who cause, support, or exploit evil

Those who are in apposition to a lid, limit, or at least limit certain social evils amd fail to do so out of
    laziness
    Fear
    Conspiracy of silence
    Secret complicity
    Indifference

Those who take refuge in the difficulty or futility in changing the world

Those who sidestep the effort and sacrifice required, producing specious reasons of a higher order

Do those make sense as being consistent with the faith? Are they unduly burdensome?

Any other thoughts, such as my low intelligence or my inadequacy as a Christian?
    Are those who are in a position to eliminate, or limit, social evils but fail to do so because of inertia, because it is difficult, use specious reasoning really walking in the faith?

Baptists met, then produced the controversial resolution which seems to endorse CRT and intesectionality.

But the most basic question on race (and one studiously avoided in the other threads) is whether there is a difference in how Christians view the world, a difference which follows color.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are those who are in a position to eliminate, or limit, social evils but fail to do so because of inertia, because it is difficult, use specious reasoning really walking in the faith?

Baptists met, then produced the controversial resolution which seems to endorse CRT and intesectionality.

But the most basic question on race (and one studiously avoided in the other threads) is whether there is a difference in how Christians view the world, a difference which follows color.
    A better question - is it more important to get off your duff an actually DO something, or just sit around endlessly analyzing it?

12. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.