Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The conspiracy to harm Marie Yovanovitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The way Jim tells it, he's the only righteous Christian on this forum, but perhaps he should reconsider when non-Christians who have shown contempt for the gospel for years are his biggest cheerleaders.
    See - there you go again.

Being a dim bulb as regards national security has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of Christian you are. It just means you have been duped by a bunch of spin into thinking it's normal for citizens of the US to have deep ties to nefarious Russian figures. I'm just trying to make clear that is dog stupid. Anyone trying to get a clearance with the sort of associations Trump has, especially not disclosing them up front and center, is going to be denied. And that should be a red flag to anyone here, and it SHOULD make you realize trying to compare the FBI investigation pf Trumps ties to Russia with this insanity aimed at Yavanovich us just as dog stupid, if not more so. But somehow, when it comes to Trump, your minds enter this super spin zone where wrong becomes right and up is down, ties to Russian Oligarchs are not a red flag for national security and so on.

So I called you stupid for it mainly just to get your attention since you won't listen to reason and can't seem to remember that we don't want people in our government with close and compromised ties to hostile foreign governments.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2020, 07:54 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Like 95% of the things mentioned in Civics, this has already been repeatedly discussed at length. Under questioning at his hearing, the IG readily acknowledged that the fact that all 17 or more documented "errors" all pointed in the same direction could quite reasonably *imply* malicious intent. His conclusion was based on the fact that there was no direct documentary evidence showing such intent.
      And all of that is far more subtle, and far less nefarious that what we find in the impeachment hearings describing Trumps actions in Ukraine, and yet you accept without question that Trump 'did nothing wrong'.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        See - there you go again.
        Nah, it worked much better when Reagan said it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I can actually see his facial expression when I read that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Having a troublesome ambassador disappear in a country experiencing a hot war sure does sound absurd ... but is also the only clear and consistent interpretation. You don't need to talk about the ambassador's movements if you're trying to insert someone into security to gather intel for opposition research. You don't need to say "anything can be done in the Ukraine with money" while talking about her movements from place to place and where she's residing when not in the embassy. None of that is relevant to just getting a mole inserted. And never -- even after Hyde says he has a "person on the inside" -- do the two exchange oppo intel: if that was, indeed, the goal and Hyde got someone "on the inside" then why wasn't he getting that intel and sharing it with Parnas?

Entirely possible that Hyde is one of Trump's stupider and more boorish associates and he's making the whole thing up to integrate himself deeper in this cadre of Trump-Ukraine interlopers. But what he's [i]talking[i] about with Parnas leads exactly one direction. And there's no way, zero chance, that it wouldn't be a red-banner story for months or years under previous presidents.

--Sam
            In a systemically corrupt system of world governments we have now, conspiracy is only natural, so I'm all for a good conspiracy theory as long as it makes some sense. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

See, just trying to get the snarky little jab. No interest in the substance.

There you go again

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                No interest in the substance.
                What substance?

Comment

The way Jim tells it, he's the only righteous Christian on this forum, but perhaps he should reconsider when non-Christians who have shown contempt for the gospel for years are his biggest cheerleaders.
                  That is another false statement from you, mr. MM. Must suck to rely on what is not true when claiming to be a Christian. The selective Bible quoting mixed up with false statements is not convincing.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    What Ox did was, by his own admission, calling names. (and it kinda sounded like a little temper tantrum)
                    I am sure MM will agree that name calling is not a good thing.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Anything else?
                    Yes. I think it is bit desperate to try to justify saying others totally lost it while being so concerned when the word "fool" is used. It is a rather selective interpretation, I would say. But then again, the Bible quoting here is rather selective too. And MM combines it with a number of false statements. You guys are just so convincing.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Why get bent out of shape about name-calling? Jesus had no problem labeling people as nests of snakes and white-washed tombs.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        I am sure MM will agree that name calling is not a good thing.
                        MM is a big boy and can answer for himself, Charles. Feel free to Nanny him directly.

Yes. I think it is bit desperate....
                        Thank you so very kindly for your totally irrelevant opinion.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why get bent out of shape about name-calling? Jesus had no problem labeling people as nests of snakes and white-washed tombs.
                          Last I checked, he did not post here. And though he is an example to be followed, I don't think the excuse of following his example works. After all, I am not saying that I am the way, the truth and life though Jesus said so.

Comment

Right. It's not ox's insults I have a problem with, it's his hypocrisy and self-righteousness.

Comment

What substance?
                              unpredictable you are not.

Comment

Right. It's not ox's insults I have a problem with, it's his hypocrisy and self-righteousness.
                                There is no hypocrisy in pointing out that Donald Trumps FBI investigation was warranted and this attack on Yavanovich by Guilliani et al was not.

Neither is there hypocrisy in noting that is IS foolish to think that the sorts of associations Donald Trump has with nefarious Russian figures should not have been investigated in the interest of national security.

Neither is it self-righteous to appeal to that which is universally known to be right and good and to hold that up as a standard for all.

However, what is truly hypocritical is to say one wants to follow the King of Truth and yet to vigorously denigrate those that point out the difference between what is being done and what is truth, or right, or good.

Comment