Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The conspiracy to harm Marie Yovanovitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    investigating the connections to people with nefarious connections to the Russian government is NOT spying. In fact, ANY person gaining access to secret clearance or above must willingly submit to and disclose freely and willingly ALL such associations, and can be, and likely any normal person would be, denied clearance for the kinds of associations that raised the red flag with Trump.

I'll say this without mincing any words. Only fools would believe it would make sense not to investigate such associations. It would be extreme negligence and a compromise of national security not to do so. Period.

And yes, I am calling ALL of you that have mocked and slammed the FBI or whoever for investigating Trumps associations with these people Fools. Because you are.

ANYONE with associations like Donald Trump had that is going to be given privileged access to information affecting the National Security of this country must be cleared and shown NOT to be involved in a way that threatens national security.
    It's the very definition of spying.

You believe they didn't do it nefariously, followed proper protocol, and weren't driven by bias political motives. If that's what you want to believe, fine, but don't try and change the definition of spying. That's Orwellian.

Comment

investigating the connections to people with nefarious connections to the Russian government is NOT spying. In fact, ANY person gaining access to secret clearance or above must willingly submit to and disclose freely and willingly ALL such associations, and can be, and likely any normal person would be, denied clearance for the kinds of associations that raised the red flag with Trump.

I'll say this without mincing any words. Only fools would believe it would make sense not to investigate such associations. It would be extreme negligence and a compromise of national security not to do so. Period.

And yes, I am calling ALL of you that have mocked and slammed the FBI or whoever for investigating Trumps associations with these people Fools. Because you are.

ANYONE with associations like Donald Trump had that is going to be given privileged access to information affecting the National Security of this country must be cleared and shown NOT to be involved in a way that threatens national security.
      Bless your heart

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Thank you, dear Christian brother, for these encouraging and inspiring words. May God restore unto you the Joy of your Salvation, and free you from the anger that holds your soul captive.
        You are welcome. And I can only hope that my dear Christian brother will listen to the wisdom of the words that have just been spoken, and rather than continuing in his foolishness, correct his path. After all, I do not speak such harsh words idly or for personal gain, but rather in an attempt to save you from the foolish and destructive path you have chosen on this particular issue.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I'm totally lost. Which claims are you saying are unsupported?
          This:
          Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          FBI cleared of spying (Business Insider) just last month.

The Justice Department's inspector general found no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that the FBI spied on his 2016 presidential campaign while investigating whether the campaign was conspiring with the Russian government to interfere in the election, The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with a draft of the report.

The Times article builds on reporting from The Washington Post, which broke the story last week.

Trump has repeatedly and baselessly alleged that the FBI inserted covert agents in his campaign. Trump and his allies dubbed this purported scandal "Spygate."

He has also alleged, without evidence, that President Barack Obama ordered US intelligence officials to tap his phones, a claim the report is also expected to undercut.

This article I guess is from just before the report came out but these conclusions were confirmed in the report.

All this stuff is just hype and lies.
          Trump can recall and ambassador without cause. And as far as I know she was recalled without cause. Are you going to defend investigating an Ambassador using your personal attorney rather than a government entity with access to all of her devices and communications? Does that really seem like the most appropriate way to accomplish the goal of removing someone Trump viewed with suspicion?
          Am I going to defend that, assuming everyone was acting on Trump's explicit orders? No. Actually, I'm not going to defend that either way. Maybe you can defend your assumption.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You are welcome. And I can only hope that my dear Christian brother will listen to the wisdom of the words that have just been spoken, and rather than continuing in his foolishness, correct his path. After all, I do not speak such works to make myself feel good, but rather in an attempt to save you from the foolish and destructive path you have chose on these issues.
            Jim, get help. Seriously.

Your conduct toward your Christian brothers is nowhere near what Christ expects of you. If you are truly concerned about your brothers, you wouldn't lash out like that.

You are commanded by God's word to love the brethren - instead, you have allowed Satan to consume with you with disdain for us simply because we don't hate Trump as much as you do.

Scripture Verse: Matt 5:22

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just gonna leave this here..

Matthew 5:22
              But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment;
              whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council;
              and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                It's the very definition of spying.

You believe they didn't do it nefariously, followed proper protocol, and weren't driven by bias political motives. If that's what you want to believe, fine, but don't try and change the definition of spying. That's Orwellian.
                I'm not trying to change the definition of spying seanD. 'brightly shine' and 'uncomfortably bright' mean basically the same thing in terms of the power of the light source, but carry very different connotations about its cause or effect. The choice of the word spy here is inappropriate not for its definition but for it's connotation. It's the wrong word for what was taking place.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'm not trying to change the definition of spying seanD. 'brightly shine' and 'uncomfortably bright' mean basically the same thing in terms of the power of the light source, but carry very different connotations about its cause or effect. The choice of the word spy here is inappropriate not for its definition but for it's connotation. It's the wrong word for what was taking place.
                  Investigating is something you do from the outside, in the open. Spying is something done in secret from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Just gonna leave this here..

Matthew 5:22
                    But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment;
                    whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council;
                    and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
                    You know the difference between you and me Sparko.

I use harsh words to try to motivate people away from sin or foolishness.

You use harsh words to make me stop attempting to motivate you away from sin or foolishness.

Comment

You use harsh words to make me stop attempting to motivate you away from sin or foolishness.
                      I was just leaving that verse there for anyone to read and consider. From both sides. Take what you want from it.

Comment

You speak from the flesh and not from the Spirit, Jim -- when was the last time this fleshly tactic of yours actually accomplished anything spiritually good?

And Sparko and I both spoke to you using the words of Jesus.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Investigating is something you do from the outside, in the open. Spying is something done in secret from the inside.
                          That is accurate - but irrelevant. Trump needed to be investigated, as would anyone with the associations he maintained and the nefarious actions he was engaged in.

What happened that would have never happened to any normal person with his associations and relationships he maintains is that he was granted access to the Nations secrets in spite of them.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Um...

I wonder if they made the January 10th deadline.
                            Be explicit before I go digging on this. Are you saying that the investigation into Carter Page was improperly opened, FISA warrants improperly renewed, or something else?

I know that the report highlighted issues with how the FBI acted. I am under the impression that those issues did not have a material effect on the Carter Page investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              You speak from the flesh and not from the Spirit, Jim -- when was the last time this fleshly tactic of yours actually accomplished anything spiritually good?

And Sparko and I both spoke to you using the words of Jesus.
                              Unfortunately you are wrong CP. What this discussion represents is you hiding behind a whitewash of spirituality that which is simply foolish thought. It would have been negligence not to investigate Trump. And you going along with the spin there was something wrong with it is simple and objective ignorance and foolishness. I can't change that fact, and I would be negligent myself if I did not point it out.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

That is accurate - but irrelevant. Trump needed to be investigated, as would anyone with the associations he maintained and the nefarious actions he was engaged in.

What happened that would have never happened to any normal person with his associations and relationships he maintains is that he was granted access to the Nations secrets in spite of them.
                                The informant the FBI used in Trump's campaign was spying for the FBI.

---------------------
                                A secret FBI informant who has come into the spotlight in recent days reportedly met with three advisers to President Trump's campaign during the 2016 presidential election.

The Washington Post reported Friday that in addition to meeting with Trump campaign advisers George Papadopoulos and Carter Page, the informant — described as an American academic — also met with former Trump campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis.

The informant, a retired professor who is said to be a longtime U.S. intelligence source, met Clovis for coffee in Northern Virginia in the summer of 2016, during which he offered to provide foreign policy advice to the campaign, the Post reported.
                                https://thehill.com/policy/national-...dvisers-report

Comment