Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The conspiracy to harm Marie Yovanovitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The conspiracy to harm Marie Yovanovitch

Texts released yesterday reveal

Newly-published text exchanges involving Rudy Giuliani's associate Lev Parnas show him discussing efforts to stalk former US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, and refer to her bluntly as 'that [female dog]'. (DO's edit)

The conversations back up Yovanovitch's testimony, showing Parnas and his associates plotting to "get rid" of her.

Hyde later sent several texts suggesting he was keeping tabs on Yovanovitch in Ukraine, adding, "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price."

At the end of March, Hyde texted Parnas updating him on Yovanovitch's location and the state of her security.

He followed up saying how they "have a person inside."

Parnas replied: "She's not a simple fool, trust me. But she's not getting away."

And don't forget that Lev worked for Rudy who was acting as Trump's personal attorney on Ukraine matters.

I'd like to hear anyone give a benign and not ad hoc interpretation of these. Rereading them still sends chills down my spine.

Already addressed in another thread:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Seriously? That made you feel queasy? Maybe it was something you ate.

As for a "benign" explanation, I can think of any number of non-nefarious reasons why someone might want to keep tabs on someone else, and I'm sure you can, too. I also don't see anything that could be definitively read as them wanting to harm her. "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price" could mean pretty much anything. Help with monitoring her communications? Help with staying up all night to conduct surveillance on her residence? Help with planting listening devices in her car? I don't know, and neither do you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Please address the details laid out in what I wrote.

1) What legitimate reason is there for Lev to keep tabs on her location?

2) What benign explanation is there for saying "She's not a simple fool, trust me. But she's not getting away."

3) What benign reason is there to "have a person inside." her security team.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

2) What benign explanation is there for saying "She's not a simple fool, trust me. But she's not getting away."

That kinda sounds like the FBI keeping tabs on Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Burden of proof doesn't work that way. Like I told Sam is another thread, "court cases do not depend on what you assume or infer but on what you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. So where's the proof?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            That kinda sounds like the FBI keeping tabs on Trump.
            Not going to touch that ;). If you really think the FBI is spying on Trump it should be easy for Barr to get the bottom of that.

Comment

Burden of proof doesn't work that way. Like I told Sam is another thread, "court cases do not depend on what you assume or infer but on what you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. So where's the proof?"
              I'm asking your opinion!. We aren't in court. We aren't in Congress weighing impeachment. I'm asking you to tell me what these texts suggest to you.

They are clearly so much worse than any of us had imagined. In another thread you asked me what I thought they would contain and I was pinning my hopes on catching Nunes and maybe Rudy. I had no idea it would show a plot against Yovanovitch.
              Last edited by DivineOb; 01-15-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Not going to touch that ;). If you really think the FBI is spying on Trump it should be easy for Barr to get the bottom of that.
                Confirmed: FBI Was Spying on the Trump Campaign

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

FBI cleared of spying (Business Insider) just last month.

The Justice Department's inspector general found no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that the FBI spied on his 2016 presidential campaign while investigating whether the campaign was conspiring with the Russian government to interfere in the election, The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with a draft of the report.

The Times article builds on reporting from The Washington Post, which broke the story last week.

Trump has repeatedly and baselessly alleged that the FBI inserted covert agents in his campaign. Trump and his allies dubbed this purported scandal "Spygate."

He has also alleged, without evidence, that President Barack Obama ordered US intelligence officials to tap his phones, a claim the report is also expected to undercut.

This article I guess is from just before the report came out but these conclusions were confirmed in the report.

All this stuff is just hype and lies. Same with so many claims about Hillary Clinton.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that after continuing on for more than two years, Huber's investigation “has effectively ended with no tangible results.” After combing through documents and conferring with federal law enforcement officials looking into the Clinton Foundation in Little Rock, Arkansas, the Post reports that Huber has “found nothing worth pursuing,” let alone any criminal charges. The U.S. attorney has not yet officially reported any results to the Justice Department, however, and the inquiry is technically still ongoing. But officials cited by the Post say that Huber's years-long investigation has by this point “largely finished”—and with nothing to show for it.

Since I doubt anyone will give an actual defense of the Parnas texts we can continue down this rabbit trail if you want.

Comment

FBI cleared of spying (Business Insider) just last month.

The Justice Department's inspector general found no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that the FBI spied on his 2016 presidential campaign while investigating whether the campaign was conspiring with the Russian government to interfere in the election, The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with a draft of the report.

The Times article builds on reporting from The Washington Post, which broke the story last week.

Trump has repeatedly and baselessly alleged that the FBI inserted covert agents in his campaign. Trump and his allies dubbed this purported scandal "Spygate."

He has also alleged, without evidence, that President Barack Obama ordered US intelligence officials to tap his phones, a claim the report is also expected to undercut.

This article I guess is from just before the report came out but these conclusions were confirmed in the report.

All this stuff is just hype and lies. Same with so many claims about Hillary Clinton.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that after continuing on for more than two years, Huber's investigation “has effectively ended with no tangible results.” After combing through documents and conferring with federal law enforcement officials looking into the Clinton Foundation in Little Rock, Arkansas, the Post reports that Huber has “found nothing worth pursuing,” let alone any criminal charges. The U.S. attorney has not yet officially reported any results to the Justice Department, however, and the inquiry is technically still ongoing. But officials cited by the Post say that Huber's years-long investigation has by this point “largely finished”—and with nothing to show for it.

Since I doubt anyone will give an actual defense of the Parnas texts we can continue down this rabbit trail if you want.
                    Forgive me if I don't take anonymous comments on draft reports seriously.

And as I said in the other thread, reading attempts to get someone fired as death threats is just sick. You need to seriously reexamine your motives for even going there.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm asking your opinion!
                      My opinion is that the texts and emails don't necessarily say what you think they say.

Comment

Texts released yesterday reveal

Newly-published text exchanges involving Rudy Giuliani's associate Lev Parnas show him discussing efforts to stalk former US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, and refer to her bluntly as 'that [female dog]'. (DO's edit)

The conversations back up Yovanovitch's testimony, showing Parnas and his associates plotting to "get rid" of her.

Hyde later sent several texts suggesting he was keeping tabs on Yovanovitch in Ukraine, adding, "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price."

At the end of March, Hyde texted Parnas updating him on Yovanovitch's location and the state of her security.

He followed up saying how they "have a person inside."

Parnas replied: "She's not a simple fool, trust me. But she's not getting away."

And don't forget that Lev worked for Rudy who was acting as Trump's personal attorney on Ukraine matters.

I'd like to hear anyone give a benign and not ad hoc interpretation of these. Rereading them still sends chills down my spine.
                        Lutsenko was apparently asked to manufacture dirt on Joe Biden and he told parnas that Yovanovitch had to be removed for him to do that.

This document package by parnas is just crazy. It’s not good news for Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Forgive me if I don't take anonymous comments on draft reports seriously.
                          Here's a bleeding Fox News article then. And it's not anonymous! It's from the Justice Department's inspector general .

The Justice Department’s inspector general, in a long-awaited review concerning the origins of the Russia investigation, determined that the FBI complied with policies in launching the politically explosive probe -- but also flagged "significant concerns with how certain aspects of the investigation were conducted and supervised."

Specifically, the report concluded that investigators found no intentional misconduct or political bias surrounding the probe's launch and efforts to seek a controversial Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in the early months of the investigation.

And as I said in the other thread, reading attempts to get someone fired as death threats is just sick. You need to seriously reexamine your motives for even going there.
                          Have you read the texts and come to this conclusion? Why would you need to track her movements in order just to fire her? Why would you need someone inside her security service in order to fire her? Why would you need to say "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price." in order to just fire her?

Come on man.

Comment

But Parnas and Hyde know. Would you like to hear from them?

Comment

My opinion is that the texts and emails don't necessarily say what you think they say.
                              Then answer these questions

Comment