Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren vs Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    I remember people thinking "Trump's rise is of great benefit to the Democrats in 2016."
    I'm saying that for slightly different reasons though. I don't think he'll get the nom simply because of what the DNC establishment did to him last time and the same similar signs they're showing now. I also believe the Dems are much more divided than the Reps were in 2016 (progressive vs. moderate vs. establishment), indicative of the amount of money flowing to the candidates, minus the money flowing into the DNC. If he doesn't get picked, I suspect much more no-votes and swing votes than last time. But if he does get picked, do you think Biden and Warren supporters are going to vote for him? It's possible, but it's iffy under these circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      I remember people thinking "Trump's rise is of great benefit to the Democrats in 2016."
      Just because one longshot candidate handily won doesn't mean that every longshot candidate will do the same. Trump won because he's Trump, and he tirelessly campaigned against a worn and arrogant opponent, presenting a strong and consistent message that resonated with voters. Do you think Bernie would be capable of keeping up? Or even Biden? Trump is going to do like he did with Hillary and deliberately set a fast pace that will exhaust his opponents and run them into the ground.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Just because one longshot candidate handily won doesn't mean that every longshot candidate will do the same. Trump won because he's Trump, and he tirelessly campaigned against a worn and arrogant opponent, presenting a strong and consistent message that resonated with voters. Do you think Bernie would be capable of keeping up? Or even Biden? Trump is going to do like he did with Hillary and deliberately set a fast pace that will exhaust his opponents and run them into the ground.
        Handily won by minus 3 million votes.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          We’ve been through this before Jimmy, running up the voter tally, in California, isn’t how an election is won.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            We’ve been through this before Jimmy, running up the voter tally, in California, isn’t how an election is won.
            Yes, we know Lilpix. Trump won the electoral college by some 70,000 votes and lost the popular vote by 3 million.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              304 electoral college votes to Hillary's 227. Trump only needed 270 to win, so he cleared the hurdle by 34 votes and beat Hillary by 77.

So, yes, he won handily.

Comment

Yes, we know Lilpix. Trump won the electoral college by some 70,000 votes and lost the popular vote by 3 million.
                “Oh yeah, my team got more points!”

Says the sore loser, not understanding that sports works by who wins the most games, not who scores the points over the course of the season. Again Jimmy, the only tally that matters is the EC one. The popular vote is merely a stat.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  304 electoral college votes to Hillary's 227. Trump only needed 270 to win, so he cleared the hurdle by 34 votes and beat Hillary by 77.

So, yes, he won handily.
                  As a result of winning 3 Russian targeted states by a mere 70,000 votes while losing the popular vote by 3 million. Hardly what I'd call, "handily won."

Comment

As a result of winning 3 Russian targeted states by a mere 70,000 votes while losing the popular vote by 3 million. Hardly what I'd call, "handily won."
                    Name 10 votes, changed by Russia.

You’re masters lied to you Jimmy, when will you accept that democrat overconfidence and stupidity, not a tin foil hat conspiracy, is why they lost?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      And you're hardly what I would call intelligent and rational.

BAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

You’re masters lied to you Jimmy, when will you accept that democrat overconfidence and stupidity, not a tin foil hat conspiracy, is why they lost?
                        People like Jimmy still haven't figured out that Rachael Maddow was spinning tall tales.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Do you think that Trump colluded with the Russians because he thought it wouldn't have any effect? We have no idea how many votes were determined by the Trump/Russian collusion, but they certainly believe it worked for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Do you think that Trump colluded with the Russians because he thought it wouldn't have any effect?
                            "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."
                            -Special Counsel Robert "Dirty Cop" Mueller

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."
                              -Special Counsel Robert "Dirty Cop" Mueller
                              Actually it did. P.Manafort gave to the Russians targeted geographic polling data. That's what you call collusion. It's in the report that the corrupt Atty Gen. swept under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Actually it did. P.Manafort gave to the Russians targeted geographic polling data. That's what you call collusion. It's in the report that the corrupt Atty Gen. swept under the rug.
                                So Mueller's own report contradicts itself?

Comment