Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Today Trump has stated that he doesn't know Parnas (please forgive the poor quality and unhelpful tweet commentary). I'm not going to call Trump a liar just because there are some pictures of Parnas with Trump. I *am* going to state that, if it can be proven that Trump has had more than a passing interaction with Parnas, it's going to look really bad for him that he said this.
    Yeah, I don't know why he does that plausible deniability thing. He did the same thing with wikileaks, even after he was on record praising the site multiple times. It's like he can't come up with a witty answer between know them/don't know them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Your momma must be SO very proud.

I can't watch Hannity - too much yelling over each other.

Trump lies. Feel better?
      The point is not that he's lying. It's that he's lying about this for a reason. The only reason to lie about something so easily and convincingly disprovable is because the truth is very bad for him (or it's a troll I'll give him plenty of credit for). As smart as people think Trump is he does certain things the. same. way. every. time.

Why do you think Nunes lied about his phone call with Parnas with such a laughable story? Same reason.

BTW video has already surfaced of Parnas with his arm around Trump at some event. The president isn't going to let just anyone touch him like that!
      Last edited by DivineOb; 01-16-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I suppose it depends on what you mean by "knowing" someone. For instance, in my job, I regularly work with freelancers, many of them frequently, and we're all quite friendly, but I couldn't say I really know any of them.

If one of those people accused you and your inner circle of very serious crimes and misconduct on national TV, claims which you vehemently deny, do you think you would find out a little more and give a more precise answer? He could just ask Rudy "Have I ever met this guy? When and where?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Your momma must be SO very proud.

I can't watch Hannity - too much yelling over each other.

Trump lies. Feel better?
          Your capacity to excuse Donald Trump's debasement of the Presidency never ceases to amaze me.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-16-2020, 05:39 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I suppose it depends on what you mean by "knowing" someone. For instance, in my job, I regularly work with freelancers, many of them frequently, and we're all quite friendly, but I couldn't say I really know any of them.
            .. ever the optimist. This is by far the most disreputable and dishonest US administration the world has seen. The following few weeks will parade a pantomime of extraordinary significance, because it will leave the reputations of many important institutions in tatters. Trump will escape to declare full exoneration, to the cheers of his dwindling support, and the dismay of everyone else.....unless poor old Chief Justice John Roberts cares about his reputation and the reputation of the SCOTUS, in which case we might see witnessess and documents produced at the trial.

Notice that Trump wants the whole thing dismissed out of hand - because he knows that he cannot stand scrutiny - practically an admission of guilt by itself.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Yeah, I don't know why he does that plausible deniability thing. He did the same thing with wikileaks, even after he was on record praising the site multiple times. It's like he can't come up with a witty answer between know them/don't know them.
              I don't think he's doing a 'plausible deniability thing here, or anywhere else seanD. Unless perhaps you feel magical elves that turn fantasy into reality are 'plausible'.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

... The president isn't going to let just anyone touch him like that!
                ... because he's a self-confessed germaphobe ...
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-16-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  .. ever the optimist. This is by far the most disreputable and dishonest US administration the world has seen. The following few weeks will parade a pantomime of extraordinary significance, because it will leave the reputations of many important institutions in tatters. Trump will escape to declare full exoneration, to the cheers of his dwindling support, and the dismay of everyone else.....unless poor old Chief Justice John Roberts cares about his reputation and the reputation of the SCOTUS, in which case we might see witnessess and documents produced at the trial.
                  Roberts is only a referee of sorts, as the Constitution gives this part of the impeachment process SOLELY to the Senate.

To quote William Rehnquist per his involvement with Clinton's impeachment ---- "I did nothing in particular and I did it very well."

Notice that Trump wants the whole thing dismissed out of hand - because he knows that he cannot stand scrutiny - practically an admission of guilt by itself.
                  And, so far, the Country at large appears to have little interest. Another election is only months away - this is the first time in history that a presidential impeachment has been prosecuted in the last year of a president's term.

(The Democrats of late have seemed to particularly enjoy boasting of "first time in history" things)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If one of those people accused you and your inner circle of very serious crimes and misconduct on national TV, claims which you vehemently deny, do you think you would find out a little more and give a more precise answer? He could just ask Rudy "Have I ever met this guy? When and where?"
                    If someone I know only professionally falsely accused me of a serious crime, I would say the same thing as Trump: "I don't know this guy."
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If someone I know only professionally falsely accused me of a serious crime, I would say the same thing as Trump: "I don't know this guy."
                      What happens if evidence shows up that you two might have had even a brief acquaintance? Now you've boxed yourself into a corner, because then you have to say "Oh, yeah, that..." I mean, just say something as simple as "we had a brief acquaintance that's all."

Comment

I can't tell you what I think about this answer without breaking TWeb rules. You do the math.

Comment

... even more so if they truthfully accused you of a serious crime!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Right... you know who else wants to see false charges dismissed? Innocent people!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              ... even more so if they truthfully accused you of a serious crime!
                              Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's a nice sense of justice you have.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Chaotic Void

Unsubstantiated Accusations of Moral Turpitude are against the Rules.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Chaotic Void; 01-16-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment