Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another '''''''''''''''''''''''''smoking gun''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.

"Trump is going down this time, really!!!!!!"
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Wow, you should put that on a coffee mug!
      I don’t drink coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Now that is a lie. I never said that. What I said is that it depends on what you mean by "knowing" someone. There are some people at my job that I've worked with professionally for over 5-years, but I wouldn't trust my kids with them because I don't know them personally.
        Is it like when Schiff said he never met the whistleblower and republicans called him a liar because the whistleblower met one of his staff?

Comment

Now that is a lie. I never said that. What I said is that it depends on what you mean by "knowing" someone. There are some people at my job that I've worked with professionally for over 5-years, but I wouldn't trust my kids with them because I don't know them personally.
          No, that's not at all what you said. You said if someone you know falsely accused you, then just like Trump did, you would lie about even knowing them. Period. I'm just glad to realize, you let it slip, in your confession, that you too believe that Trump is lying about not knowing Lev Parnas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You made that pretty clear - the only way to mess that up is by being incredibly uncharitable.
            Wrong, he didn't make that clear anywhere, which is why you didn't respond when I asked you where he made that clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Another '''''''''''''''''''''''''smoking gun''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.

"Trump is going down this time, really!!!!!!"
              The smoking guns are only aimed at open minded people, demi. Whether the smoking guns take Trump down or not is dependent upon how many open minded people are still out there. The evidence eminating from those smoking guns are not going to penetrate the closed minded Trumpsters like yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                It sounds as though you believe the Framers were incorrect to reject "maladministration" as grounds for impeachment.
                Irrelevant (if true).

ABUSE OF POWER is the impeachment article. In the impeachment context, abuse of power is generally defined as using the powers of the presidency for personal benefit. In this instance the president putting national security at risk in exchange for personal political benefits.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Whether the smoking guns take Trump down or not is dependent upon
                  That's good progress, no more insisting that 'Trump is going down!!!!'.

Comment

Progress!! The president has been impeached. Only the third US president ever to be impeached. The previous two - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton - did not "go down" but hopefully Trump will. He certainly warrants removal from office.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Progress!! The president has been impeached. Only the third US president ever to be impeached. The previous two - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton - did not "go down" but hopefully Trump will. He certainly warrants removal from office.
                      That's good progress, no more insisting that 'Trump is definitely going down!!!!'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Trump knows Parnas well enough that John Dowd had to get a waiver to represent Parnas because of his former representation of Trump, an arrangement that Sekulow told Dowd had Trump's personal approval. Dowd would then go on to tell HPSCI that his clients, Parnas and Fruman, had assisted Giuliani in Trump's business and therefore material relevant to HPSCI's inquiry was protected by attorney-client privilege.

No point having a joint defense agreement with someone you've had no meaningful contact with.

--Sam
                        Your sources are paywalled, but I'll say again, there is a meaningful difference between knowing someone professionally, and knowing them personally.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          Is it like when Schiff said he never met the whistleblower and republicans called him a liar because the whistleblower met one of his staff?
                          Not really. Schiff first claimed that neither he nor his office had any contact with Eric Ciaramella, which turned out to be false because Ciaramella had been in contact with his office, so Schiff followed up that revelation with the implausible claim that only his staff knew about it and Schiff himself was completely out of the loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            No, that's not at all what you said. You said if someone you know falsely accused you, then just like Trump did, you would lie about even knowing them. Period. I'm just glad to realize, you let it slip, in your confession, that you too believe that Trump is lying about not knowing Lev Parnas.
                            Ironic that you accuse me of lying and then lie about what I said.

Comment

The only one insisting that we on this side of the issue are insisting, is you, comrade.

Comment

Ironic that you accuse me of lying and then lie about what I said.
                                I didn't accuse you of lying, MM, I accused you of telling the truth about the fact that you would lie if it were to your benefit, just like you implied that you believe the President lied when claiming not to know Lev Parnas. You said you'd do the same thing as your Idol, the liar and chief.

Comment