Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

I suggest you all watch the great Rachel Maddow this evening at 9 where she will interview LeV Parnas who will implicate not only Trump, but also VP Pence, Giuliani, Sec of State Pompeo, and Atty Gen. W. Barr.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder if any of them tuned in. The interview was beyond devastating. He's not a perfect witness but his testimony combined with the documentary evidence is going to force an actual Senate trial.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I wonder if any of them tuned in. The interview was beyond devastating. He's not a perfect witness but his testimony combined with the documentary evidence is going to force an actual Senate trial.
    It was devasting, not only for Trump, but for so many others like Pence, Pompeo, Giuliani, Nunes, A.G. Barr et al and it should definitely force an actual trial. But if you had switched over to FOX NEWS you would not have heard a word about it, and instead they were advocating that the Republican Senate just dismiss the trial altogether.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I followed on Twitter and would urge extreme caution: nothing new and salacious I heard alleged seemed to be backed by documentary evidence -- something Maddow's team definitely should have obtained prior to running the interview -- and most if not all the things he talked about, from the Twitter talk at least, are what could be gleaned from keeping current on news. I didn't see anything that provided behind-the-scenes stuff to tie loose ends together.

Who knows what angle Parnas is playing for but, for now, I'm putting this in the Carter-Page-Will-Say-Anything-On-TV box.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Lev speaks to Rachel also on podcast.

At this point it is hard to see how McConnell is going to fix it for Trump. It will be a fascinating few weeks.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 01-16-2020 at 12:34 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post

At this point it is hard to see how McConnell is going to fix it for Trump. It will be a fascinating few weeks.
    So good to see you. I've been missing you.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post

I believe it is very unlikely the GOP will do anything more than ignore this. But it is the smoking gun the GOP and the peanut gallery here have been claiming did not exist. What I will be most interested in is whether or not the mind lock Trump has on his base can actually be broken by this, or will we simply see the inevitable shift to something along the lines of "So Trump tried to get Ukraine to get dirt on Biden using congressional funds. What's the big deal?"

At that point we can know their transition to the 'dark side' is complete.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I believe it is very unlikely the GOP will do anything more than ignore this.
    Of course not. As the Democrats have been demonstrating, American politics these days is about winning, no matter what you have to do to win. Republicans (well, some of them) are starting to learn that lesson. No point in having principles if your opponents use them to attack you and throw then out the window whenever it suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    But it is the smoking gun the GOP and the peanut gallery here have been claiming did not exist.
    Sam - above - disagrees with you. Nothing of substance so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxmixmudd
    What I will be most interested in is whether or not the mind lock Trump has on his base can actually be broken by this, or will we simply see the inevitable shift to something along the lines of "So Trump tried to get Ukraine to get dirt on Biden using congressional funds. What's the big deal?"

At that point we can know their transition to the 'dark side' is complete.
    What would you have them do? Vote for someone (like Hillary, or Sanders, or Biden, or Warren, or AOC etc) who either hates and despises them, or is corrupt, or incompetent, or all three? That's not going to happen.

Vote for a RINO, or a Republican who will roll over when the Democrats attack them for being 'racist', or 'homophobic', or not 'diverse' enough, or whatever rhetorical name-calling bludgeon gets them to stop trying, and let the Democrats carry on pushing America ever further away from the place they remember and want to live in? That's not going to happen either.

Hence Trump. At least he gets some things they want done, done. His faults can be overlooked, and will be overlooked, if there is no realistic alternative (what Republican / conservative is there out there who could get elected as President, and could get things done? I don't know of any... suggestions?).
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I followed on Twitter and would urge extreme caution: nothing new and salacious I heard alleged seemed to be backed by documentary evidence -- something Maddow's team definitely should have obtained prior to running the interview -- and most if not all the things he talked about, from the Twitter talk at least, are what could be gleaned from keeping current on news. I didn't see anything that provided behind-the-scenes stuff to tie loose ends together.

Who knows what angle Parnas is playing for but, for now, I'm putting this in the Carter-Page-Will-Say-Anything-On-TV box.

--Sam
    Interesting, thanks.

I did not watch the interview because it's not football; I don't turn the TV on for anything else these days. If there's a transcript I might read that, but an interviewer lobbing softballs does not strike me as a particularly effective way of getting unbiased information.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I suggest you all watch the great Rachel Maddow

this evening at 9 where she will interview LeV Parnas who will implicate not only Trump, but also VP Pence, Giuliani, Sec of State Pompeo, and Atty Gen. W. Barr.
    I hear Lev also knows the identity of the third shooter on the grassy knoll.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

13. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.