Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I missed it. Can someone summarize what was so devastating, especially in regards to Pence and Barr?
    It's not a slam dunk as far as Pence goes, but according to Parnas he had to know what was going on. They, through Parnas and Giuliani, dangled Pence as a representative of the U.S. to attend Zelensky's inauguration, but only if Zelensky agreed to make a public statement that Biden was under investigation. Pence was scheduled to attend, but when Zelensky didn't agree to the deal, Parnas relayed that news to Giuliani and Giuliani said, "okay, they'll see" and then, the next day, the President cancelled Pences trip. A showing of support from the U.S. was of the utmost importance to Zelensky and Ukraine, and Trump was using that as leverage to get a public a statement from Zelensky on a Biden investigation. It would still need be investigated as to whether Pence knew what was going on, but it strains credulity to believe he was just an ignorant pawn in all this.

Same thing with Barr, Parnas said that Barr was in on the whole thing, that he knew about it, that he was in conversations with him and Joe and Victoria Digeniva, lawyers for D. Firtash a Russian Oligarch in Vienna fighting extradition to the U.S. who made a deal with Giuliani concerning the Ukraine scheme in return for the promise from Giuliani to make his extradition to the U.S. go away. The accussation is that Barr knew about the whole thing, but he didn't give specifics. Perhaps Barr will begin an investigation into the accussations.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-16-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I do.

Not convinced, no.

What I know so far, correct.

Nope. But I do appreciate you asking for a change, instead of telling me what I think or what I'm praying for. That's progress!
      Then why do you say that Trump should be censured? Censured for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Right, a series of vague text messages and handwritten notes of indeterminate origin from a known liar who is wiling to say anything to keep his butt out of the slammer is the "smoking gun" that will finally bring Trump down.
        He's worried about the Russian Mafia, not the slammer.

Comment

What was she threatened with? Bodily harm? Removal?

It's the president's prerogative to remove her any time he desires. That he may have done it in a totally strange way is not illegal.
          We'll find out soon enough.

Ukrainian police are now investigating two major cases related to the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, one around possible illegal surveillance of former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and the other around a suspected attack by Russian military hackers targeting a company where the son of former Vice President Joe Biden sat on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Then why do you say that Trump should be censured?
            Because I believe that would be a fitting remedy.

Censured for what?
            Using bad judgment in the whole Ukraine thing.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Using bad judgment in the whole Ukraine thing.

She: What kind of woman do you think I am?
              He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.

At least CP admits that *some* amount of wrongdoing occurred :). Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

She: What kind of woman do you think I am?
                He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.

That's nothing new at all, DO. I've very consistently said Trump can be a total [that word I'm not saying anymore], I wish somebody would take his Twitter account from him, he has a penchant for poking people....

So, please don't act like this is something new.

Don't buy into this insane notion that just because I don't hate Trump as much as some of the 'obsessed with Trump' ones here, that that means I'm a Trump supporter.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's nothing new at all, DO. I've very consistently said Trump can be a total jackass, I wish somebody would take his Twitter account from him, he has a penchant for poking people....

So, please don't act like this is something new.
                  Still good on you. You're the only one I've seen say something along those lines.

Comment

Still good on you. You're the only one I've seen say something along those lines.
                    We seem to have a tendency here to wrongly group people together in ALL aspects because they agree in SOME (or even many) aspects.

Comment

I honestly don't care either way, Sam -- I honestly don't think it's going to change a thing.

What was she threatened with? Bodily harm? Removal?

It's the president's prerogative to remove her any time he desires. That he may have done it in a totally strange way is not illegal.
                      "may have done it in a strange way" ... what on earth does that mean?

We've got text messages between two Trump associates, definitely not working inside official State Department channels, talking about surveilling the movements and electronics use of a US ambassador, with one saying "If you want her out they [Ukrainian private contractors] need to make contact with security forces", and your response is "I honestly don't care about this, the President can remove an ambassador however he wants"?

I don't think I've misunderstood you, here, but let me know if that's not what you're honestly saying.

--Sam
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        "may have done it in a strange way" ... what on earth does that mean?
                        How bout just having a discussion and dispense with the theatrics, eh?

We've got text messages between two Trump associates, definitely not working inside official State Department channels, talking about surveilling the movements and electronics use of a US ambassador, with one saying "If you want her out they [Ukrainian private contractors] need to make contact with security forces", and your response is "I honestly don't care about this, the President can remove an ambassador however he wants"?
                        OK, that's dumb = because Trump could have simply replaced her.

I don't think I've misunderstood you, here, but let me know if that's not what you're honestly saying.

--Sam
                        How bout not over-analyzing, and just try talking like friends?

Comment

Keeping in mind that there is a significant difference between "improper" and "illegal".
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I've often said here that Trump was the less worse option in 2016. He is far from my ideal president.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Keeping in mind that there is a significant difference between "improper" and "illegal".
                              Absolutely.

Comment

Not when it comes to the validity of an impeachment.

Comment