Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sheeeesh, are you SERIOUS?!?!?!

If the "threat" was "we're gonna make sure you are removed from this position" - that's a WHOLE lot different than "we're gonna bury you where even the hungry dogs won't find you".

This whole thing is just the Democrats realizing they screwed up their sham impeachment and are trying to find ANYTHING to salvage their sorry butts.
    So you, as a LEO, would not recommend or allow an investigation if two associates of the chief were hiring out private surveillance on an officer that the chief disliked and talking about the "next step" in "getting her out"? The private surveillance alone wouldn't ring alarm bells for you?

Your problem here is that you know the behavior is highly suspect, that the association with Trump is highly problematic, and that the implied threat is genuinely concerning. But taking that "next step" to saying, yeah, the Secretary of State needs to account for the safety of his ambassadors opens some doors that might lead to some really uncomfortable stuff.

That's a rough problem to have, sure, but it's not a hard problem to resolve.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Hilly Hobbit View Post
      It's nothing to do with changing my mind. I'm simply telling you what the Constitution says.
      Do you think your view on what the Constitution says on this matter is the majority view or the minority view among constitutional scholars?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        If you're going to insult someone, could you at least be clever about it?
        I wasn't aware I was insulting him. Biased much?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I wasn't aware I was insulting him. Biased much?
          Oh, don't insult my intelligence. You wanted to have a fresh start - it's wearing thin.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            So you, as a LEO,
            That was many years ago.

would not recommend or allow an investigation if two associates of the chief were hiring out private surveillance on an officer that the chief disliked and talking about the "next step" in "getting her out"? The private surveillance alone wouldn't ring alarm bells for you?
            This isn't that, Sam.

Your problem here
            No, Sam, it's YOUR problem --- it is what it is, and it's gonna be what it's gonna be.

Back to reality --- this whole thing is a political mess, and the impeachment is simply the Democrat's means to get rid of Trump. You can sing and dance and come up with goofy analogies, but that's not going to change the fact that this is a POLITICAL process, and all that matters is what, if anything, will change the minds of either the Democrats (their minds are made up) or the Republicans (their minds are made up).

The ONLY thing that's gonna change anything at all is if there is a YUGE shift in the American support for or against removal.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pelosi's rambling response about whether Parnas, who is under indictment, is a credible witness:

He’d be a credible witness if what he is testifying to relates to the issue at hand, the president’s behavior. But again, they — there is a process for — for how you go forward with witnesses...

And now for the punchline:

...and that’s not done in the basement of the congressional visitors center...

Is she doing this on purpose?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Pelosi's rambling response about whether Parnas, who is under indictment, is a credible witness:

He’d be a credible witness if what he is testifying to relates to the issue at hand, the president’s behavior. But again, they — there is a process for — for how you go forward with witnesses...

And now for the punchline:

...and that’s not done in the basement of the congressional visitors center...

Is she doing this on purpose?
                She's doing whatever Putin tells her to do. She's Moscow Nancy!!!!

Nancy Pelosi Is Doing Putin’s Bidding
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That was many years ago.

This isn't that, Sam.

No, Sam, it's YOUR problem --- it is what it is, and it's gonna be what it's gonna be.

Back to reality --- this whole thing is a political mess, and the impeachment is simply the Democrat's means to get rid of Trump. You can sing and dance and come up with goofy analogies, but that's not going to change the fact that this is a POLITICAL process, and all that matters is what, if anything, will change the minds of either the Democrats (their minds are made up) or the Republicans (their minds are made up).

The ONLY thing that's gonna change anything at all is if there is a YUGE shift in the American support for or against removal.

How long ago you were in law enforcement is not relevant to the analogy and, yes, the analogy mirrors what we're seeing in these texts: two associates of an agency's boss conspiring to surveil an employee's security detail and movements outside any approved official channel and contemplate the "next step" of their plan to somehow remove her from her position.

In any normal circumstance, you'd know how that looks and you would recommend, if not demand, a full investigation and account of these persons' actions and the safety of your colleagues. But as soon as you tie it into Trump and impeachment, that's all you can see. And, at that point, the question is no longer one of right and wrong, accountability or corruption, but a question of DEM v REP, of winning or losing, of THEM v US.

It's not a good way to go through life.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    How long ago you were in law enforcement is not relevant to the analogy and, yes, the analogy mirrors what we're seeing in these texts: two associates of an agency's boss conspiring to surveil an employee's security detail and movements outside any approved official channel and contemplate the "next step" of their plan to somehow remove her from her position.
                    You have a very active imagination, I'll give you that.

In any normal circumstance, you'd know how that looks and you would recommend, if not demand, a full investigation and account of these persons' actions and the safety of your colleagues. But as soon as you tie it into Trump and impeachment, that's all you can see. And, at that point, the question is no longer one of right and wrong, accountability or corruption, but a question of DEM v REP, of winning or losing, of THEM v US.
                    At this point, all I know that we have yet another "bombshell" out there, after bombshell dud, and bombshell dud, and bombshell dud.... I'll wait to see if this actually turns into anything. You can breathlessly hope this turns into "it".

It's not a good way to go through life.

--Sam
                    I appreciate your feigned concern, Sam, but I'm doing just great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Oh, don't insult my intelligence. You wanted to have a fresh start - it's wearing thin.
                      So MM calls JimL LameBrainJim and that's kosher but I give him, an admitted troll, a cute name which is at least thematically in line with his actual name and I'm the bad guy?

If he wants me to not call him that then I won't. But I'll let him speak for himself.

Comment

She's doing whatever Putin tells her to do. She's Moscow Nancy!!!!

Nancy Pelosi Is Doing Putin’s Bidding
                        "Moscow Nancy" just doesn't have that zing. "Putin Pelosi," OTOH...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          So MM calls JimL LameBrainJim and that's kosher but I give him, an admitted troll, a cute name which is at least thematically in line with his actual name and I'm the bad guy?

If he wants me to not call him that then I won't. But I'll let him speak for himself.
                          Did you say you wanted to make a fresh start or not?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Did you say you wanted to make a fresh start or not?
                            Ok.

Comment

That was many years ago.

This isn't that, Sam.

So you're stance is basically that so long as the country is divided, anything goes. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                So you're stance is basically that so long as the country is divided, anything goes. Is that correct?
                                No. But thanks for asking instead of assigning to me a position I do not hold. Progress!!!

Comment