Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Wrong, he didn't make that clear anywhere, which is why you didn't respond when I asked you where he made that clear.
    Jim, you really need to stop this bogus mind reading - the reason I didn't respond is because this has been reported to the mods, and I'm stepping out of it.

There is no reasoning with you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Oh, don't insult my intelligence. You wanted to have a fresh start - it's wearing thin.
      I want to come back to this actually. It was an accepted principle from back in the day (particularly exemplified by Robert Turkel, BK Warren, and others) that you are allowed to respond in kind. MM is an admitted troll who believes that insulting your opponents is biblical and principled. Am I out of line for (lightly) responding to him how he responds to me and others?

Comment

• Parnas now denies speaking with Trump despite reports he claimed he had
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          I didn't accuse you of lying, MM, I accused you of telling the truth about the fact that you would lie if it were to your benefit, just like you implied that you believe the President lied when claiming not to know Lev Parnas. You said you'd do the same thing as your Idol, the liar and chief.
          "I didn't call you a liar! I just told the truth about you being a liar!"

Really, kid? And you continue to distort what I actually said into an unrecognizable straw man.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• This is like that joke I saw somewhere:

"Listen to this! It was just reported that-"
            "Wait for it."
            "What?"
            "Wait for it."
            "What do you mean? Oh, hold on, the story was just retracted."
            "That's what I was waiting for."

You'd think anti-Trumpers would have learned by now not to get their hopes up.

Comment

• Did Parnas ever specifically say he spoke with Trump at that party? (honest question)

It's entirely possible that Parnas was in the meeting but did not speak or did not speak substantially, and perhaps not directly to Trump. We need more info (can you provide it?) before we can be certain he's actually contradicting himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                "I didn't call you a liar! I just told the truth about you being a liar!"

Really, kid? And you continue to distort what I actually said into an unrecognizable straw man.
                Well, we'll just let others decide if you said that just like Trump, you would lie too. Post #99.

Comment

Well, we'll just let others decide if you said that just like Trump, you would lie too. Post #99.
                  You would do well to use the actual quote function instead of your own dishonest monkeyed version, Jim.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    You would do well to use the actual quote function instead of your own dishonest monkeyed version, Jim.
                    What's dishonest about it, CP?

Comment

What's dishonest about it, CP?
                      Your twisting of his words - which is why you don't use the quote function.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        Did Parnas ever specifically say he spoke with Trump at that party? (honest question)

It's entirely possible that Parnas was in the meeting but did not speak or did not speak substantially, and perhaps not directly to Trump. We need more info (can you provide it?) before we can be certain he's actually contradicting himself.
                        It would appear so...

From the Article:

Last November, CNN reported that Parnas told close associates he had spoken to Trump.* "At one point during the party that night, Parnas and Fruman slipped out of a large reception room packed with hundreds of Trump donors to have a private meeting with the President and Giuliani, according to two acquaintances in whom Parnas confided right after the meeting," CNN wrote.

"Eventually, according to what Parnas told his confidants, the topic turned to Ukraine that night," the article continued. "According to those two confidants, Parnas said that 'the big guy,' as he sometimes referred to the President in conversation, talked about tasking him and Fruman with what Parnas described as 'a secret mission' to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter."

*Bold emphasis mine*
                        Last edited by Littlejoe; 01-20-2020, 06:12 PM.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• "Sources say"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            "Sources say"
                            You do realize that Littlejoe's response *helps* you, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              It would appear so...

From the Article:

Last November, CNN reported that Parnas told close associates he had spoken to Trump.* "At one point during the party that night, Parnas and Fruman slipped out of a large reception room packed with hundreds of Trump donors to have a private meeting with the President and Giuliani, according to two acquaintances in whom Parnas confided right after the meeting," CNN wrote.

"Eventually, according to what Parnas told his confidants, the topic turned to Ukraine that night," the article continued. "According to those two confidants, Parnas said that 'the big guy,' as he sometimes referred to the President in conversation, talked about tasking him and Fruman with what Parnas described as 'a secret mission' to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter."

*Bold emphasis mine*
                              Without engaging in PAS I'm going to point out that the bolded word below doesn't demand that Trump spoke directly with Parnas at that party. I can see how people could take it to mean that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                Without engaging in PAS I'm going to point out that the bolded word below doesn't demand that Trump spoke directly with Parnas at that party. I can see how people could take it to mean that though.

I guess I should have bolded the whole first paragraph? Parnas says he and Furman had a private meeting with the President and Guiliani, but in a meeting with only 4 people, how likely is it that they never spoke to one another? The topic was supposedly what he wanted Parnas to do...sorry, your argument seems far fetched at best. It seems clear that Parnas claimed at one time to have met privately with the President and Guiliani, only later to claim he had not.

Comment