Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Lev Parnas: Exclusive interview tonight at 9 - don't miss it Trumpsters.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did Parnas ever specifically say he spoke with Trump at that party? (honest question)

It's entirely possible that Parnas was in the meeting but did not speak or did not speak substantially, and perhaps not directly to Trump. We need more info (can you provide it?) before we can be certain he's actually contradicting himself.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "I didn't call you a liar! I just told the truth about you being a liar!"

Really, kid? And you continue to distort what I actually said into an unrecognizable straw man.
    Well, we'll just let others decide if you said that just like Trump, you would lie too. Post #99.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, we'll just let others decide if you said that just like Trump, you would lie too. Post #99.
    You would do well to use the actual quote function instead of your own dishonest monkeyed version, Jim.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You would do well to use the actual quote function instead of your own dishonest monkeyed version, Jim.
    What's dishonest about it, CP?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    What's dishonest about it, CP?
    Your twisting of his words - which is why you don't use the quote function.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

7. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Did Parnas ever specifically say he spoke with Trump at that party? (honest question)

It's entirely possible that Parnas was in the meeting but did not speak or did not speak substantially, and perhaps not directly to Trump. We need more info (can you provide it?) before we can be certain he's actually contradicting himself.
    It would appear so...

From the Article:

Last November, CNN reported that Parnas told close associates he had spoken to Trump.* "At one point during the party that night, Parnas and Fruman slipped out of a large reception room packed with hundreds of Trump donors to have a private meeting with the President and Giuliani, according to two acquaintances in whom Parnas confided right after the meeting," CNN wrote.

"Eventually, according to what Parnas told his confidants, the topic turned to Ukraine that night," the article continued. "According to those two confidants, Parnas said that 'the big guy,' as he sometimes referred to the President in conversation, talked about tasking him and Fruman with what Parnas described as 'a secret mission' to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter."

*Bold emphasis mine*
    Last edited by Littlejoe; 01-20-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Sources say"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Sources say"
    You do realize that Littlejoe's response *helps* you, right?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    It would appear so...

From the Article:

Last November, CNN reported that Parnas told close associates he had spoken to Trump.* "At one point during the party that night, Parnas and Fruman slipped out of a large reception room packed with hundreds of Trump donors to have a private meeting with the President and Giuliani, according to two acquaintances in whom Parnas confided right after the meeting," CNN wrote.

"Eventually, according to what Parnas told his confidants, the topic turned to Ukraine that night," the article continued. "According to those two confidants, Parnas said that 'the big guy,' as he sometimes referred to the President in conversation, talked about tasking him and Fruman with what Parnas described as 'a secret mission' to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter."

*Bold emphasis mine*
    Without engaging in PAS I'm going to point out that the bolded word below doesn't demand that Trump spoke directly with Parnas at that party. I can see how people could take it to mean that though.

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Without engaging in PAS I'm going to point out that the bolded word below doesn't demand that Trump spoke directly with Parnas at that party. I can see how people could take it to mean that though.

I guess I should have bolded the whole first paragraph? Parnas says he and Furman had a private meeting with the President and Guiliani, but in a meeting with only 4 people, how likely is it that they never spoke to one another? The topic was supposedly what he wanted Parnas to do...sorry, your argument seems far fetched at best. It seems clear that Parnas claimed at one time to have met privately with the President and Guiliani, only later to claim he had not.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen