Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shades of the USSR! UK college will pay students find racism on campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shades of the USSR! UK college will pay students find racism on campus

Reminds me of the USSR where they had political officers stationed everywhere to report on anyone not being a good communist.

UK college will pay students to monitor racist language and 'microaggressions' on campus

Twenty 'race equality champions' will work between two and nine hours weekly for the University of Sheffield
    The University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom announced that it's hiring students to monitor and stand up to "microaggressions" on campus as well as language deemed racist, BBC News reported.

What are the details?

Due to demand from the student body, 20 "race equality champions" will work two to nine hours weekly for a little over $12 per hour (U.S.) to challenge wrongdoings — and will be trained to "lead healthy conversations" about preventing racism on campus and how "to help their peers understand racism and its impact," the outlet said.

The school said microaggressions are defined as "subtle but offensive comments" that might be unintentional but can upset minority groups, BBC News reported.

Examples of microaggressions, the outlet said, include phrases like:

"Stop making everything a race issue."
    "Why are you searching for things to be offended about?"
    "Where are you really from?"
    "I don't want to hear about your holiday to South Africa. It's nowhere near where I'm from."
    "Being compared to black celebrities that I look nothing like."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/uk-col...gn=fb-theblaze

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Do you like how they cut off all criticism my labeling any as "microaggressions?"

So if they are going around claiming everything is racist and you say, "Stop making everything a race issue, " then you prove yourself a racist because of your microaggression questioning their motives.

Comment