Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

The New Microsoft Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Microsoft Edge

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

I find it rather hilarious that Microsoft made Edge a standalone download for not only Windows 10 users, but also those using Windows 7 and 8. After they've already discontinued support for Windows 7.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

I find it rather hilarious that Microsoft made Edge a standalone download for not only Windows 10 users, but also those using Windows 7 and 8. After they've already discontinued support for Windows 7.
    So, tell us all about it. You've tried it out?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I installed it on Windows 7 and it works. I probably won't use it regularly (as I usually use Firefox for most browsing) but I'll keep it around for periodic testing purposes.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I have to use it at work as our default browser. I don't really like it. They try to make it too simple. My favorite browser is still Firefox, with Chrome second. Chrome is OK but it seems to be a resource hog. I start up a single instance and there are 17 processes running for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have to use it at work as our default browser. I don't really like it. They try to make it too simple. My favorite browser is still Firefox, with Chrome second. Chrome is OK but it seems to be a resource hog. I start up a single instance and there are 17 processes running for it.
          I hate Chrome. The only reason I use it at all is that it seems to handle Facebook better than other browsers. It's a YUGE resource hog. All those crazy separate processes were supposed to keep crashes and freezes isolated so they didn't take down the whole browser, but I find it to be *more* prone to becoming unresponsive, not less.

My main browser is Pale Moon. Kind of a niche thing, but I like it. It allows me to run most of my favorite "old" Firefox extensions.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment