Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I don't think this counts as a surprise but Trump just confessed again to obstructing Congress. Expect to see this clip or his words show up as evidence.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/st...81403120644103

"Honestly, we have all the material. They don't have the material."
    Yeah, looked at in context, that quote doesn't say what you think it says. Trump is talking about the Senate trial and says his team is doing well because "we have all the material", meaning they're well prepared, and the Democrats aren't.

But you're right, it probably will show up as evidence at some point because if there's one thing Shifty Schiff loves to do, it's take statements out of context, add his own high velocity spin, and then present it as evidence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Congress: "We'd like to see these documents."
      Clintons: "What documents?"
      <judicial arm-twisting follows>
      Clintons: "Oh, look what we found on our coffee table!"
      Clinton provided 90,000 documents to the House inquiry, Trump provided zero, other than the redacted july phone call transcript and that only after the scheme and the calls existence was revealed by the whistleblower. In other words, the president released the incriminating evidence, the redacted incriminating evidence, only after the he was caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yeah, looked at in context, that quote doesn't say what you think it says. Trump is talking about the Senate trial and says his team is doing well because "we have all the material", meaning they're well prepared, and the Democrats aren't.
        How do you know that's what it means. It could mean that, or it could mean exactly what it says, that they, the president and his team, have all the direct material evidence locked up. The fact of the matter is that they do have all the direct witnesses and documentary evidence locked up. Wouldn't you like to see that?
        But you're right, it probably will show up as evidence at some point because if there's one thing Shifty Schiff loves to do, it's take statements out of context, add his own high velocity spin, and then present it as evidence.
        It's not inculpatory in itself, so even should it be mentioned it'd be of no effect.

Comment

I invite anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear to watch the clip and make up their own mind. You're going to have to earn your creative interpretation of his words and "Let me check with my pastor and get back to you" isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            How do you know that's what it means.
            Because I watched the clip.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I invite anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear to watch the clip and make up their own mind. You're going to have to earn your creative interpretation of his words and "Let me check with my pastor and get back to you" isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                No jim, it's not like a Grand Jury. A Grand Jury presents evidence gathered by police AFTER their investigation to a group of people to see if it is sufficient to go to trial. The impeachment includes the evidence gathering and investigation, where in a Grand Jury it is already there. Also in a Grand Jury you have 6 people who are totally ignorant of the case. In an impeachment you are trying to convince two parties consisting of hundreds of people who already know about the case.
                The difference is that, in this case, the House was both the investigative body and the grand jury. The reason for that is because the corrupt Atty Gen. W Barr, who of course is implicated in the Trump scheme, refused to investigate the matter leaving it up to the House to accomplish both tasks. And hearing about the case in general is not the same thing as sitting and hearing the evidence presented and deciding if it's sufficient for indictment or not.
                As far as the President cooperating with the sham, why should he? He already knew that it was a kangaroo court because the democrats have been screaming "Impeach Trump" since say one of his Presidency. Why would he believe they would give him a fair hearing? Why cooperate with a rogue congress?
                He should have participated in order to prove himself innocent, which he knew he couldn't do, not because it was a Kangaroo court, but because he knew he was guilty. Convincing you that it was a Kangaroo court was his best option.

Comment

Because I watched the clip.
                  Watching the clip doesn't clarify what was meant by those words any more than reading them does.

Comment

Here's the quote as best as I can transcribe it:

"Our team is doing very well. I got to watch enough. I thought our team did a very good job, but honestly, we have all of the material. They don't have the material."

It's an absurd stretch to read this as an open confession that the Trump team is withholding damning evidence.

Comment

Here's the quote as best as I can transcribe it:

"Our team is doing very well. I got to watch enough. I thought our team did a very good job, but honestly, we have all of the material. They don't have the material."

It's an absurd stretch to read this as an open confession that the Trump team is withholding damning evidence.
                      Only in your mind is it absurd, MM. What does having all "the material" mean to you?

Comment

Only in your mind is it absurd, MM. What does having all "the material" mean to you?
                        I told you what I thought it means. Try to keep up.

Comment

I told you what I thought it means. Try to keep up.
                          Well, you said he meant that his team was doing well because they have "all the material." That doesn't explain what you think "all the material" refers to.

Comment

Well, you said he meant that his team was doing well because they have "all the material." That doesn't explain what you think "all the material" refers to.
                            I did tell you. You even responded to the post earlier in the thread. Are you really that clueless?

Comment

I did tell you. You even responded to the post earlier in the thread. Are you really that clueless?
                              So, they are well prepared because they have "all the material" and the democrats don't have "all that material." What is "that material," MM.

Comment

So, they are well prepared because they have "all the material" and the democrats don't have "all that material." What is "that material," MM.
                                In other words, they did their homework, dumbass.

"Our team is doing well because we prepared the material we needed for the trial" makes a heck of lot more sense than Trump saying "Our team is doing well because we're withholding damning evidence".

Comment