Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    In other words, they did their homework, dumbass.

"Our team is doing well because we prepared the material we needed for the trial" makes a heck of lot more sense than Trump saying "Our team is doing well because we're withholding damning evidence".
    No, actually the opposite makes more sense, and I just watched the clip myself, and it looked to me that that was exactly what he meant by it, i.e. "our team is doing well because we have all the damning evidence, and they don't have all the damning evidence. What other materials do they have that the dems don't have? Certainly nothing exculpatory or they'd have revealed it long ago. But inculpatory material, yeah, they have lots of that material.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      No, actually the opposite makes more sense, and I just watched the clip myself, and it looked to me that that was exactly what he meant by it, i.e. "our team is doing well because we have all the damning evidence, and they don't have all the damning evidence. What other materials do they have that the dems don't have? Certainly nothing exculpatory or they'd have revealed it long ago. But inculpatory material, yeah, they have lots of that material.
      I think I'll leave you to your delusions.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Dammit Jim, stop posting when you are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Dammit Jim, stop posting when you are high.

Comment

So the "we have the material" quote is making its rounds on Twitter, only it's being changed to "we have the documents" and "we have the evidence". One user even presented Trump as saying, "We're withholding the evidence," as if it was a direct quote.

Comment

So the "we have the material" quote is making its rounds on Twitter, only it's being changed to "we have the documents" and "we have the evidence". One user even presented Trump as saying, "We're withholding the evidence," as if it was a direct quote.

If it's not evidence or documents, that they have and the prosecution doesn't have, then what is the material, MM?

Comment

I already it explained, you bong water swilling cretin.

Comment

I already it explained, you bong water swilling cretin.
                  No you didn't, you didn't specify what the materials are that Trump said they had and the prosecution didn't have. What materials are those?

Comment

Y'all can send the lotto pool winnings over to JimL & DivineOb:

Source: Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, Bolton Book Says. Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt. NYT. 2020.01.26

President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

The president’s statement as described by Mr. Bolton could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense: that the holdup in aid was separate from Mr. Trump’s requests that Ukraine announce investigations into his perceived enemies, including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden, who had worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while his father was in office.

Mr. Bolton’s explosive account of the matter at the center of Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial, the third in American history, was included in drafts of a manuscript he has circulated in recent weeks to close associates. He also sent a draft to the White House for a standard review process for some current and former administration officials who write books.

© Copyright Original Source

"I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Source: Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, Bolton Book Says. Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt. NYT. 2020.01.26

President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

The president’s statement as described by Mr. Bolton could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense: that the holdup in aid was separate from Mr. Trump’s requests that Ukraine announce investigations into his perceived enemies, including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden, who had worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while his father was in office.

Mr. Bolton’s explosive account of the matter at the center of Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial, the third in American history, was included in drafts of a manuscript he has circulated in recent weeks to close associates. He also sent a draft to the White House for a standard review process for some current and former administration officials who write books.

Yeah but Bolton is a liberal hack.....?

Comment

He has a mustache.
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

He has a mustache.
                          We mustache him some questions!

Comment

Trump has a history of "wanting" to do all sorts of things. He has a habit of tossing out all sorts of ideas to see what will stick. In the end, did Trump follow through with this desire? Um, no.

Got any more tasty nothingburgers?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Oh yes, there will be blood.

Indications are now that witness(es) are a go. The fact that Fox is calling Bolton a left winger is all the proof that his testimony will be 1) credible 2) devastating.

Have a nice State of the Union Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                Oh yes, there will be blood.

Indications are now that witness(es) are a go. The fact that Fox is calling Bolton a left winger is all the proof that his testimony will be 1) credible 2) devastating.

Have a nice State of the Union Trump!
                                Pfft. Fox doesn't know any more about what Bolton will say than you or I do - and try not to confuse a commentator on Fox with Fox.

Based on prior results, I'm guessing this'll be yet another tasty nothing-burger - but a Trump hater can dream, eh?
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment