View Poll Results: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only surprise was Nervous Nancy sending the articles

0 0%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Yes, but only small stuff

3 42.86%
  • Yes, something major

1 14.29%
  • THERE WILL BE BLOOD

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Poll: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

Hopefully this can be a bit more "light" of a thread than the others on essentially this same topic.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At this point I have no idea.

But if they impeach Trump, then Pence, guess who becomes President? Nancy.

That's very frightening.

3. Amen Christian3 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

That's very frightening.
    That scenario would only happen if there were a deal in place ahead of time to ensure Mittens or a similiar "mutually acceptable" replacement would become VP before there is any chance of removing Pence (which I doubt would be pursued in any case).

I would never support Nancy becoming president in that fashion. That would tear the country appart!

5. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    That scenario would only happen if there were a deal in place ahead of time to ensure Mittens or a similiar "mutually acceptable" replacement would become VP before there is any chance of removing Pence (which I doubt would be pursued in any case).

I would never support Nancy becoming president in that fashion. That would tear the country appart!
    The Speaker of the House (Nancy) is third in line for the Presidency. They would only replace Pence as VP if they impeached Trump and Pence became Prez. But the Dems have said they want to impeach Pence too, which would mean Nancy becomes President and she can pick her own VP.

What if Nancy appoints Hillary as VP and then steps down?!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Speaker of the House (Nancy) is third in line for the Presidency. They would only replace Pence as VP if they impeached Trump and Pence became Prez. But the Dems have said they want to impeach Pence too, which would mean Nancy becomes President and she can pick her own VP.

If Pence were somehow in some way forced to step down then Trump could select another VP (with Congressional approval) who would become president if Trump was later removed from office.

That was how we ended up with President Gerald Ford.

First Agnew resigned causing Nixon to pick Ford to replace him, then Nixon resigned and Ford became became president.

Of course this scenario is even less likely than Pelosi and Schumer both divorcing their spouses, marrying each other and switching to the Republican party. I mention it only because that has historical precedent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen DivineOb, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I know Nancy is 3rd in line.

I don't think your fever dream will come to pass :).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    If Pence were somehow in some way forced to step down then Trump could select another VP (with Congressional approval) who would become president if Trump was later removed from office.

That was how we ended up with President Gerald Ford.

First Agnew resigned causing Nixon to pick Ford to replace him, then Nixon resigned and Ford became became president.
    But if the were to convict Trump before he could do that, and then impeached Pence before he could take office...

Of course this scenario is even less likely than Pelosi and Schumer both divorcing their spouses, marrying each other and switching to the Republican party. I mention it only because that has historical precedent.
    Yep. it's very unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past them to have planned something like this to steal the white house. I think it would cause a civil war or a revolution by the people though. Because then their coup would become obvious.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I know Nancy is 3rd in line.

I don't think your fever dream will come to pass :).
    But, but, NANCY!!!

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Based on what's happened in the last 3 1/2 years, I'd surmise that there will be something new, but small. Trump isn't exactly the most discreet person in the world, so something major would not overly surprise me. On the other hand, so many things already proffered as THERE WILL BE BLOOD have been subsequently shown to be tasty nothingburgers, I'm not sure anyone would notice.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

That's very frightening.
    That's crazy talk. There are impeachment articles for Trump. If the Senate votes to remove him, then Pence becomes President. Pence will then appoint a Republican VP. If there were to be a second round of impeachment articles targeting Pence and the Senate were to vote to remove him, Pence's Republican VP then would become President.

The Republican controlled Senate would never ever vote to remove both the Republican President and VP simultaneously and make Pelosi President, they'd obviously only do it one person at a time so they could put a new Republican VP in in the interim. And currently there simply aren't impeachment articles targeting Pence. It's just the impeachment of Trump being considered. Pence would be President if the Senate votes to remove Trump.