View Poll Results: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only surprise was Nervous Nancy sending the articles

0 0%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Yes, but only small stuff

3 42.86%
  • Yes, something major

1 14.29%
  • THERE WILL BE BLOOD

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Any more impeachment suprises coming?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    At this point I have no idea.

But if they impeach Trump, then Pence, guess who becomes President? Nancy.

That's very frightening.
    True, who knows for sure any more, but so much has come out in the last few days, I don't doubt there are even more surprises, more people implicated, which will probably come out eventually. But Pelosi as President for a few months would be fantastic, and she can keep the seat warm for Warren or Sanders. You republicans just need to stop electing these unprincipled and corrupt people to represent you and you wouldn't have to worry about these things.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    That's crazy talk. There are impeachment articles for Trump. If the Senate votes to remove him, then Pence becomes President. Pence will then appoint a Republican VP. If there were to be a second round of impeachment articles targeting Pence and the Senate were to vote to remove him, Pence's Republican VP then would become President.

The Republican controlled Senate would never ever vote to remove both the Republican President and VP simultaneously and make Pelosi President, they'd obviously only do it one person at a time so they could put a new Republican VP in in the interim. And currently there simply aren't impeachment articles targeting Pence. It's just the impeachment of Trump being considered. Pence would be President if the Senate votes to remove Trump.
    True, they could impeach Pence, but by that time of its conclusion his term would be up, or nearly up anyway so it wouldn't much matter. Highly unlikely he would run again, or win, while being impeached.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I suspect the Dems are creating a continuous stream of reasons to accuse Trump. The GAO office accusations is an example of a new item thrown into that stream. There is a case against Ihlan Omar (in Florida). There is testimony about Trump by a 'witness' which is probably just an excuse to add another accusation against Trump. We may just find that the media has jumped the shark before this Florida accusation is propagandized.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Dems will be very surprised when Trump isn't removed from office.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    No, we won't be surprised, Tea, we already know the trial is rigged in his favor. But if he isn't convicted in the Senate, he may very well be, as a result of the trial, ousted by the American people.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Some were surprised he was not automatically removed as soon as the House impeached him.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it will be like the Kavanaugh fiasco, with an endless constant leaky bladder dribbling of new major-but-actually-trivial accusations.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, we won't be surprised, Tea, we already know the trial is rigged in his favor. But if he isn't convicted in the Senate, he may very well be, as a result of the trial, ousted by the American people.
    So are you going to be among those in the streets rioting if he's not impeached and reelected?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    So are you going to be among those in the streets rioting if he's not impeached and reelected?
    Calm yourself sean, no ones going to be rioting. Those of us who know Trump needs be impeached, not only because of the particular crimes he's been charged with, but for the good of democracy in general and for the Republic in particular, we fully expect the republicans to exonerate him even though they know of his guilt and of his danger. It's possible that a few Senate republicans will get a spine and do the right thing, instead of the politically safe thing, or that perhaps pressure from home will force them into doing the right thing. But there are not many us, I'm sure, who are holding our breath waiting for that to happen. Perhaps there are even a few on the Senate republican side who are smart enough to realize that even if they cooperate with a sham trial and leave the scoundrel in power, all the evidence that they kept hidden from the public is going to come out eventually. Maybe they'd care about that, maybe not. But like I said, I don't think anyone on this side is expecting a conviction.
    That said, there should be protests, not riots, the republicans have been, and would be continuing to, aid and abet a wannabe dictator to become the dictator that he wants to be. They'd be aiding and abetting in the cover-up of his crimes that they know he committed against the country. So yes, if they put on a sham trial, if they for the first time out of 15 impeachments in this country, disallow witnesses and documentary evidence in order to hide the truth from the jury, i.e. from the American people, then there should be protests of some sort, and I hope if that is the way the trial goes, that there will be protests, and I'd be right there with them.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-17-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Amusing cartoon today...

It's a good reminder that when the Dems were doing the House investigation to decide whether there should be an impeachment trial, the Republicans had an endless stream of complaints about how the investigation wasn't a proper trial... and now that the Dems have turned it over to the Republican controlled Senate for the actual trial... the Republicans have decided they don't want to have a proper trial.

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.