Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City radio station agrees to broadcast Russian-owned ‘propaganda’ program

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Of course everyone's perspective is welcome. I was just hoping a Trump supporter will be so brave.
    It's unclear what you're asking and why. Why wouldn't a Trump supporter be for freedom of speech? It's the left that's against free speech and hung up on the proliferation of Russian propaganda.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course everyone's perspective is welcome. I was just hoping a Trump supporter will be so brave.
    Brave enough to silence those you disagree with? I’ll pass. Freedom of speech means freedom to say things that are unpopular too.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I think he was hoping to find an actual Trump supporter who would find the idea of Russian propaganda bought and rebroadcast on the airwaves by a US station at least 'troublesome'.

The difference between this and Voice of America is that VOA is broadcast by the US into other areas. You typically don't have Russian broadcasters broadcasting VOA for us. This would be the equivalent of a Russian broadcaster buying VOA content and broadcasting it in say Kazan.
    What makes you think he is buying it? They are probably paying him to broadcast it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    What makes you think he is buying it? They are probably paying him to broadcast it.

That is a possible alternative. Worse, but possible
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Everyone cool with this? Do you think they're going to be pro-Trump or pro-[eventual nominee]?
    I'm not familiar with Sputnik.

I sometimes read RT (Russia Today) though. It's too anti-American for a steady diet, but it is a good source for information that the western MSM avoids. Like the Tommy Robinson affair (full coverage even when blacked out on the BBC), or the Julian Assange saga.

As far as being broadcast within the US, I have no problem with it - on the condition that it be made clear that it is sponsored by a foreign state. Like every 5 minutes or so: "This program is sponsored by the Russian government." Something like that.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    I'm not familiar with Sputnik.

I sometimes read RT (Russia Today) though. It's too anti-American for a steady diet, but it is a good source for information that the western MSM avoids. Like the Tommy Robinson affair (full coverage even when blacked out on the BBC), or the Julian Assange saga.

As far as being broadcast within the US, I have no problem with it - on the condition that it be made clear that it is sponsored by a foreign state. Like every 5 minutes or so: "This program is sponsored by the Russian government." Something like that.
    That isn't hard to tell though. Typically when you come across a network pushing progressive politics, but has a pro-Russian bent especially on foreign policy, chances are good that it's a Russian sponsored network.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    That isn't hard to tell though. Typically when you come across a network pushing progressive politics, but has a pro-Russian bent especially on foreign policy, chances are good that it's a Russian sponsored network.
    Another likely indicator is disproportionate focus on Tulsi Gabbard. (This focus has been used against her by other Democrats, but it's hardly to her detriment that another country happens to like her dovishness.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Also, listen for coded messages to Trump. That's a dead giveaway.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Another likely indicator is disproportionate focus on Tulsi Gabbard. (This focus has been used against her by other Democrats, but it's hardly to her detriment that another country happens to like her dovishness.)
    As a subscriber to RT's main channel (I unsubbed from RT America for its liberal views), I haven't noticed this at all. In fact, I don't even recall them reporting on it when she was in the news from the Hillary accusation. I'm sure they reported on it but they didn't do it excessively. Maybe they covered it more so on their RT America channel. The liberal media accuses her of it because of her stance on Syria and her anti-interventionist views. For some reason that makes you a Russian asset in the eyes of the left now (though I think that part of it from the media is influenced more by intelligence to silence you about the subject).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Progressive politics? Not RT. Maybe Sputnik.