Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harry and Megan resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry and Megan resign

This is pretty radical. They hope to be of less interest to the paparazzi from now on. Harry has been popular, so Brits will feel let down.

Prince Harry and Meghan will no longer use their HRH titles and will not receive public funds for royal duties, Buckingham Palace has said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also said they intend to repay £2.4m of taxpayer money for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.

The couple will also no longer formally represent The Queen.

The new arrangement will come into effect in spring this year.

It comes after the couple earlier this month said they wanted to step back as senior royals.

A statement from the Queen said following "many months of conversations" she was "pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family".

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," the statement continued.

"I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

"It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life."
    BBC news
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

This is old news, going on for at least a week.

What kills me is that they are going to spend part of each year in Canada, and our moron PM has piped up saying, "We'll foot the bill for their security!".

Nobody asked me if I wanted to pay for their security. If they want to be independent then let them be independent and don't make me pay for anything for them!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      This is pretty radical. They hope to make millions of dollars from popularity without paparazzi cost. Harry has been popular, so Brits will feel let down by the mercenary attitude.
      Fixed.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

They want out of the royal family while simultaneously seeking to trademark "Sussex Royal."

What a couple of hypocrites.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

:yawn:

DRAT!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            ...What kills me is that they are going to spend part of each year in Canada, and our moron PM has piped up saying, "We'll foot the bill for their security!"....
            I heard that he walked that back. Eh?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I heard that he walked that back. Eh?
              Haven't heard that. I try not to listen to him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I kinda thought something would happen but not quite this. Wow.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Haven't heard that. I try not to listen to him.
                  Who?

Comment

Who?
                    Dude!

Comment

Dude!
                      I will not be addressed in that tone of voice!

(except, of course, by you )

Comment

I will not be addressed in that tone of voice!

(except, of course, by you )

Comment

This is old news, going on for at least a week.
                          The particulars are news today, unless you own a TARDIS.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            The particulars are news today, unless you own a TARDIS.

Probably. The last I heard was a couple of days ago when the Queen had a meeting with them and sent them off to whatever the heck it is they want to do in the Great White North.

Haven't heard any news since then. Don't even know if the world is still spinning on it's axis.

Comment

Probably. The last I heard was a couple of days ago when the Queen had a meeting with them and sent them off to whatever the heck it is they want to do in the Great White North.

Haven't heard any news since then. Don't even know if the world is still spinning on it's axis.
                              Sounds like they plan on hanging out in Canada, really wanting to live in the US, but NOT WHILE TRUMP.....

Comment