Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry and Megan resign

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Harry and Megan resign

This is pretty radical. They hope to be of less interest to the paparazzi from now on. Harry has been popular, so Brits will feel let down.

Prince Harry and Meghan will no longer use their HRH titles and will not receive public funds for royal duties, Buckingham Palace has said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also said they intend to repay £2.4m of taxpayer money for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.

The couple will also no longer formally represent The Queen.

The new arrangement will come into effect in spring this year.

It comes after the couple earlier this month said they wanted to step back as senior royals.

A statement from the Queen said following "many months of conversations" she was "pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family".

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," the statement continued.

"I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

"It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life."
    BBC news
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is old news, going on for at least a week.

What kills me is that they are going to spend part of each year in Canada, and our moron PM has piped up saying, "We'll foot the bill for their security!".

Nobody asked me if I wanted to pay for their security. If they want to be independent then let them be independent and don't make me pay for anything for them!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen Esther amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    This is pretty radical. They hope to make millions of dollars from popularity without paparazzi cost. Harry has been popular, so Brits will feel let down by the mercenary attitude.
    Fixed.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They want out of the royal family while simultaneously seeking to trademark "Sussex Royal."

What a couple of hypocrites.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    :yawn:

DRAT!!!!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    ...What kills me is that they are going to spend part of each year in Canada, and our moron PM has piped up saying, "We'll foot the bill for their security!"....
    I heard that he walked that back. Eh?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I heard that he walked that back. Eh?
    Haven't heard that. I try not to listen to him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I kinda thought something would happen but not quite this. Wow.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Haven't heard that. I try not to listen to him.
    Who?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Who?
    Dude!