Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harry and Megan resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So is this a case of Meghan not liking being a royal after all and Henry being henpecked into stepping down?
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So is this a case of Meghan not liking being a royal after all and Henry being henpecked into stepping down?

It sounds as if they wanted to continue their duties to the Queen but without public funding. She said no, so they had to give up their titles in order to not receive public funding. At least that's Harry's weepy story from yesterday.

I don't know why they need any funding. Harry has a net income as of last year between 25 and 40 million. Don't know what Megan is worth.

If I can make do on 2 Canada pensions and 2 old age pensions and have money left over, then they don't need me to pay for their security!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        It sounds as if they wanted to continue their duties to the Queen but without public funding. She said no, so they had to give up their titles in order to not receive public funding. At least that's Harry's weepy story from yesterday.

I don't know why they need any funding. Harry has a net income as of last year between 25 and 40 million. Don't know what Megan is worth.

If I can make do on 2 Canada pensions and 2 old age pensions and have money left over, then they don't need me to pay for their security!

And you spend ZILLIONS of dollars on photographs of your grandkid and making greeting cards!!! And STILL have money left over.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          And you spend ZILLIONS of dollars on photographs of your grandkid and making greeting cards!!! And STILL have money left over.

Yuh!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't know that its a full case of being Henpecked. My british friends have said that the Royal Family is horribly dysfunctional but they demand attention for their dysfunction. With William and Kate, they seem to (unless I'm wrong) avoid the media and the circus unless they are doing something that requires public appearance and I can certainly understand how someone would not want ANY kind of circus at all. I mean good for Harry and Meghan for not wanting that kind of attention.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The only thing we know for sure is that attention has been shifted from one prince to another, one of the best squirrels to date.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment