Thread: Guns and speech

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    "Pro-gun rally by thousands in Virginia ends peacefully"

What do you want, a cookie?
    Hey if you listened to the left wing press they were predicting (or hoping for) violence. After all it was an AP headline about ending peacefully...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Hey if you listened to the left wing press they were predicting (or hoping for) violence. After all it was an AP headline about ending peacefully...
    Sort of like the right wing press predicting that Antifa terrorists was mounting a false flag operation, seven busloads of Antifa dressed as Patriots were going to ignite violence at the rally to make the pro gun side look like evil terrorist. Antifa was paying crisis actors 250 dollars per day, demonstrators, injured victims, and Patriots in tactical gear. The Antifa snipers on top of buildings were apparently not needed! And the Navy is supplying expertise in signal counter intelligence.

The police planning was successful, the rally went off without a hitch. I wonder if it would have been peaceful without a detailed police response and crowd control plan.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    EGGzackly. Hence, my declaration that peace broke out.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Sort of like the right wing press predicting that Antifa terrorists was mounting a false flag operation, seven busloads of Antifa dressed as Patriots were going to ignite violence at the rally to make the pro gun side look like evil terrorist. Antifa was paying crisis actors 250 dollars per day, demonstrators, injured victims, and Patriots in tactical gear. The Antifa snipers on top of buildings were apparently not needed! And the Navy is supplying expertise in signal counter intelligence.

The police planning was successful, the rally went off without a hitch. I wonder if it would have been peaceful without a detailed police response and crowd control plan.
    All of which was very peaceful.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Well Antifa did show up, but I did not hear that by right wing press (who ever that is). Remember I'm speaking of the main stream press. And BTY if you watched the rally the cops were both out numbered and out gunned, it was peaceful because gun rights advocates are largely law abiding, unlike Antifa.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

7. Amen NorrinRadd, Sparko amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    All of which was very peaceful.
    But my post does raise the question of whether the rally participants were inherently peaceful, or just peaceful due to the efforts of law enforcement.

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally? Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But my post does raise the question of whether the rally participants were inherently peaceful, or just peaceful due to the efforts of law enforcement.

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally? Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?
    Again, like I said - if you watched the rally law enforcement was both out numbered and out gunned. They were peaceful because they chose to be peaceful.

10. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So? I'm not allowed to make an observation?

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally?
    On behalf of the responsible gun owners, absolutely. As to the loony left, that's anybody's guess. You won't see responsible gun owners pooping on police cars, or blocking and trashing the city streets and causing mayhem.

Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?
    Peace exists in my house and in my church, not because of "significant planning and preparation", but because, like Robert Charles Winthrop said...

"Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet."

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

About 85% of the "press" I follow is what many regard as "right-wing," i.e. Fox News. This post is the first time I heard *anything* about those Antifa predictions.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    About 85% of the "press" I follow is what many regard as "right-wing," i.e. Fox News. This post is the first time I heard *anything* about those Antifa predictions.
    I have no idea what he's talking about, but I don't watch or listen to Fox News anymore. I mainly scan Drudge and Real Clear Politics.