Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Was Titus the Man of Sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha I was 100% sure that you would not offer a word for word interpretation not because you don't have time but rather because you cannot. Futurists have never accepted this challenge. The last one was "Explain from scripture word for word and line for line what John says about the antichrist." They cannot do it because their doctrines are not taken from scripture but rather word or phrase associations and not out of the full context of scripture.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      Ha ha ha I was 100% sure that you would not offer a word for word interpretation not because you don't have time but rather because you cannot. Futurists have never accepted this challenge. The last one was "Explain from scripture word for word and line for line what John says about the antichrist." They cannot do it because their doctrines are not taken from scripture but rather word or phrase associations and not out of the full context of scripture.
      How about you go back and answer my point by point rebuttal before you demand that I do more work to compensate for your intellectual laziness?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Here is the list of books in Luther's bible.

Luther's New Testament
        Matthäus
        Markus
        Lukas
        Johannes
        Apostelgeschichte
        Römer
        1 Korinther
        2 Korinther
        Galater
        Epheser
        Philipper
        Kolosser
        1 Thessalonicher
        2 Thessalonicher
        1 Timotheus
        2 Timotheus
        Titus
        Philemon
        Hebräer
        Jakobus
        1 Petrus
        2 Petrus
        1 Johannes
        2 Johannes
        3 Johannes
        Judas
        Offenbarung

Looks like the same order as my English version.

Comment

Luther's New Testament
          Matthäus
          Markus
          Lukas
          Johannes
          Apostelgeschichte
          Römer
          1 Korinther
          2 Korinther
          Galater
          Epheser
          Philipper
          Kolosser
          1 Thessalonicher
          2 Thessalonicher
          1 Timotheus
          2 Timotheus
          Titus
          Philemon
          Hebräer
          Jakobus
          1 Petrus
          2 Petrus
          1 Johannes
          2 Johannes
          3 Johannes
          Judas
          Offenbarung

Typical. Ignore everyone and keep repeating your refuted arguments.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Luther's New Testament
            Matthäus
            Markus
            Lukas
            Johannes
            Apostelgeschichte
            Römer
            1 Korinther
            2 Korinther
            Galater
            Epheser
            Philipper
            Kolosser
            1 Thessalonicher
            2 Thessalonicher
            1 Timotheus
            2 Timotheus
            Titus
            Philemon
            Hebräer
            Jakobus
            1 Petrus
            2 Petrus
            1 Johannes
            2 Johannes
            3 Johannes
            Judas
            Offenbarung

Today, yes. When Luther did the translation, no. Try again, kemosabe.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Luther's New Testament
              Matthäus
              Markus
              Lukas
              Johannes
              Apostelgeschichte
              Römer
              1 Korinther
              2 Korinther
              Galater
              Epheser
              Philipper
              Kolosser
              1 Thessalonicher
              2 Thessalonicher
              1 Timotheus
              2 Timotheus
              Titus
              Philemon
              Hebräer
              Jakobus
              1 Petrus
              2 Petrus
              1 Johannes
              2 Johannes
              3 Johannes
              Judas
              Offenbarung

When Luther published his translation of the Bible in 1522 he moved Hebrews and James (Hebräer and Jakobus) so that they followed the epistles from Peter and John and were immediately before Jude.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Very confusing. My comment was set in the time of Tyndale. If this is true he must have made a change before the time of Tyndale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Typical. Ignore everyone and keep repeating your refuted arguments.
                  Always amazes me that you do all of the things that you accuse others of. Projecting maybe?

Comment

Very confusing. My comment was set in the time of Tyndale. If this is true he must have made a change before the time of Tyndale.
                    It could be that your source (which has a very evident pro-Lutheran bias) is simply incorrect.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Always amazes me that you do all of the things that you accuse others of. Projecting maybe?
                      Sorry, champ. You are on the clock for a response to me. That takes precedence over your hand wave and request for information. Respond and then I'll respond in kind.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        It could be that your source (which has a very evident pro-Lutheran bias) is simply incorrect.
                        Right - anyone who doesn't agree with you must have a bias. This is actually an extremely low priority item on my list. In the past I depend on credible organizations like Christian History to sort through all of the conjecture, arguments, and misinformation about these minor topics. My wife just sent me an email about this topic a few minutes ago...

"Death of Athanasius. More than any other man, he took up the fight for Christ’s divinity in his writings. Five times he had been forced into exile. Slander dogged him. Yet he remained faithful to his vision of an uncreated Christ. He was the first to list the books of the New Testament as we know them."

Yet another claimant. I've seen about 5 or 6 so far.
                        Last edited by Cooter; 05-02-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Right - anyone who doesn't agree with you must have a bias.
                          Everyone has a bias.
                          This is actually an extremely low priority item on my list. In the past I depend on credible organizations like Christian History to sort through all of the conjecture, arguments, and misinformation about these minor topics.
                          I'm still waiting for some actual evidence supporting your source's assertions. Characterization of your source as 'credible' is not evidence.
                          My wife just sent me an email about this topic a few minutes ago...

"Death of Athanasius. More than any other man, he took up the fight for Christ’s divinity in his writings. Five times he had been forced into exile. Slander dogged him. Yet he remained faithful to his vision of an uncreated Christ. He was the first to list the books of the New Testament as we know them."

Yet another claimant. I've seen about 5 or 6 so far.
                          What's that got to do with anything? I have nothing against Athanasius - he's a member of my church!

sigpic

Comment

Well it would be a waste of time because of Futurist Rule # 1 ...

1. Deny any historical fulfillment of any prophesy by any means.

I was a Futurist for the first half of my life and I full well am aware of their errors.

No amount of facts, historical documents, logic, common sense, will ever even scratch rule number one. And so I leave you to your unrealistic expectations.

Comment

Well it would be a waste of time because of Futurist Rule # 1 ...

1. Deny any historical fulfillment of any prophesy by any means.

I was a Futurist for the first half of my life and I full well am aware of their errors.

No amount of facts, historical documents, logic, common sense, will ever even scratch rule number one. And so I leave you to your unrealistic expectations.
                              Bull in a china shop poster rule #1 ...

1) Enter a thread and throw around accusations as if they are proven facts, and when corrected, run like a coward.

That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X