Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If Shifty Schiff's argument was "packed full of damning evidence" and "compelling" then why does he need more evidence to prove his case?

He kept saying things like, "Would you like me to read to you this document that I just r suggested would support my case? Well, I can't, because I don't have it." Then why was he deceptively citing it as evidence? A prosecutor would have been held in contempt in any normal court if he repeatedly referred to evidence he didn't actually have, or twisted the evidence he did have (such as misquoteing Gordan Sondland, or claiming that Parnas meant one thing when documents clearly show he meant something completely different).

It's going to be fun watching Trump's team tear this argument to pieces.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Schiff's argument was comprehensive and clear and packed full of damning evidence against Trump....
    Cool, then let him drone on and on and on... And maybe we'll see how he does under oath as a witness.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump has his side, his opponents have theirs. At no point in this tedious exercise will this matter be settled. There is no witness who can settle it, no document that can settle it, no unseen revelation waiting to be unearthed. What we have is a classic example of a matter best left to voters. Convinced Trump’s Ukraine call was sinister? Great, don’t vote for him.

But that will never be enough for Democrats who have now cast their fate with this quixotic crusade. Thursday and Friday will now bring echoes of these now-familiar imputations, amplified with the lament that a conclusion is somehow unreachable unless we open the gates on an interminable witness rodeo.

It is here that the Managers’ detailed displays today work against them. They had no shortage of content, and wlll surely bury us in more over the next two days. This does not appear to be a pursuit starved for source material.

https://townhall.com/columnists/mark...ality-n2559971

5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Cool, then let him drone on and on and on... And maybe we'll see how he does under oath as a witness.
    What does Schiff have to do with Trumps scheme, CP? Seriously, what do you think you'd learn from Schiff testifying?

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The small handed but charismatic Trump is going to come out of this trial relatively unscathed, and with huge financial backing, is looking likely to win the next election. The USA will be renamed Trumpland in his honour.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

8. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    What does Schiff have to do with Trumps scheme, CP? Seriously, what do you think you'd learn from Schiff testifying?
    CP just wants revenge for Schiff having the audacity to actually try to hold Trump accountable for his actions.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Someone put it in a tweet today along the lines of

Democrats: We have overwhelming evidence!

Also Democrats: We need more evidence.
    They have overwhelming evidence of guilt which if you had been watching the trial you'd have seen. Well, let me take that back, you won't see it, or at least won't admit to seeing it no matter what, but those who still have an open mind will have seen it. There is virtually no hope for you.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    From CNN no less...

Donald Trump was elected to break the elite. Of course they want to impeach him

(CNN)When the global elite are aligned against him and laughing like the immature cool kids you hated in middle school, President Donald Trump is winning.

When the liberal law professors are neglecting their Thanksgiving turkeys to read congressional transcripts and snarking about Trump's 13-year old son, Trump is winning.

When the politicians are mad — so mad that they have shut down all policymaking to impeach the President of the United States on what constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley called "wafer thin" evidence —Trump is winning.

You have to remember: Donald Trump wasn't elected to fit in with these people — the political, intellectual class -- to make them happy, or to become one of them. He was elected to break them. And that's apparently what he's done.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/opini...u9G0CsY3hX6wVE
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

12. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Well I got the switch it was only $399aud and Pokemon sword was $69 but he wanted Mario cart. Wife was angry and said a five year old is too young for video games. I guess I should’ve run it by her first. Now my daughter wants a piano since her brother got something. At least my son enjoyed his first day at school.
    I was beating Super Mario Bros. 1 at 3 years old, so 5 isn't too young.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    They have overwhelming evidence of guilt...
    Okay, then why do Democrats keep begging the Senate to help them dig up more evidence?

15. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.