Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Basically the Dems are accusing Trump of trying to interfere with the election by investigating Biden, when in fact it is THEY who are trying to interfere with the election by smearing Trump with an impeachment tag, even though they know they will never convict him.
    The first is something improper that Trump clearly did. The second is the constitutional remedy for the first. It can't be called election interference without saying that the Constitution is for chumps.

... which is actually not that far off from what some folks were sayin' here in 2015 about the Constitution not being a "suicide pact", come to think of it.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    The small handed but charismatic Trump is going to come out of this trial relatively unscathed, and with huge financial backing, is looking likely to win the next election. The USA will be renamed Trumpland in his honour.
    Nah. That'll be the derogatory name applied to it, after he's won reelection, abolished Congress, become king with hereditary succession in place, and renamed it the United States of Trump.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Nah. That'll be the derogatory name applied to it, after he's won reelection, abolished Congress, become king with hereditary succession in place, and renamed it the United States of Trump.
    And the people will rejoice.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The first is something improper that Trump clearly did.
    Not everything "improper" rises to the level of an impeachable offense.
    Even if there are TONS of evidence that somebody committed the "improper" act, doesn't make it more impeachable.

Sometimes, "improper" conduct deserves a scolding, or a censure, or perhaps the loss of a subsequent election.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    By all accounts, today's hearing is another bust for Democrats.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    By all accounts, today's hearing is another bust for Democrats.
    I'm shocked.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some of the highlights:

-Schiff (jokingly?) threatened senators with arrest if they left during the hearing
    -Nadler claims that Trump is doing Russia's bidding
    -Schiff continues to "misrepresent" testimony and documents, selectively quoting parts that appear to support his position while leaving out the parts that refute it (it's worse than a TheologyWeb debate! )
    -Schiff enters the handwritten Parnas note into evidence despite the fact that it can't be proven who wrote it, or when, or for what purpose -- or why a man who's native language is Ukrainian would write notes to himself in English

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Forgot to mention Nadler appealing to the standard of maladministration as a reason for impeachment, apparently unaware that it had been explicitly rejected by our Founding Fathers.

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some of the highlights:

-Schiff (jokingly?) threatened senators with arrest if they left during the hearing
    -Nadler claims that Trump is doing Russia's bidding
    -Schiff continues to "misrepresent" testimony and documents, selectively quoting parts that appear to support his position while leaving out the parts that refute it (it's worse than a TheologyWeb debate! )
    -Schiff enters the handwritten Parnas note into evidence despite the fact that it can't be proven who wrote it, or when, or for what purpose -- or why a man who's native language is Ukrainian would write notes to himself in English
    Schiff, Nadler impeachment tension spills out during trial

Schiff seems absolutely CONSUMED and obsessed with this "trial", reminiscent of Captain Queeg, of The Caine Mutiny infamy, apparently to the chagrin of his co-conspirator, Jerry Nadler.

The first question at Wednesday’s news conference with House impeachment managers was directed at Rep. Jerrold Nadler, the New York Democrat whose Senate presentation helped prompt a rebuke from Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and a flood of criticism from Republican senators.

Nadler appeared to take a half step toward the podium as Rep. Adam B. Schiff cut off the CNN reporter. “I’m going to respond to the questions,” the California Democrat and lead impeachment manager said, then turned to call on another reporter for a question on a different topic. Nadler was silent.

The exchange was one of a few moments that hint at some internal discord among House managers about the best way to present their case for impeaching President Donald Trump to the Senate as well as the American people — and how to stay on that message.

13. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some of the highlights:

He moved here at a young age and went to school here. Did you hear him speaking during the interviews? He's clearly comfortable with English. Even if he speaks Ukrainian he might not be as comfortable writing in it as English.

And if you think a handwriting analysis would prove those documents to be fake there's a good way to get the chance to demonstrate so.