Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Karnak?

The point of course is that you are allowing opportunistic spin to cloud your judgement of what was actually said, and the reality behind it. And the reality is, Schiff is referring to the fact Donald Trump has openly requested and now attempted to purposfully enlist help from foreign governments to win our election. Which means that we need to act to remove him both for the principle of it, and before he (or some successor eyeing the fact Trump got away with it) is actually successful in those efforts and secures an election through illegal means.

Again, you and others keep acting like what Trump has done is something trivial, something without long term consequence. And it is truly ignorant to do that. It's a lot like watching teenagers laugh at the warning from adults that playing in the quarry is dangerous. Then, of course, the only thing that will sober them up is if one of them dies or is seriously hurt.

You'd think that being adults you would have learned about the folly of that sort of a mindset. But apparently not.
    What you actually said:

“ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!”

Would have saved you a lot of time and ranting like a lunatic.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, all true, so whats your problem.
    What makes you think that it will go down in history as a triumph vs a failure?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wish you could hear what Schiff is saying. 'here right matters'. And unfortunately, that is no longer true. Yet you, MM and others mock it, like its a joke.

It is no joke.
    schiff_show-impeachment.jpg

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

4. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    What you actually said:

“ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!”

Would have saved you a lot of time and ranting like a lunatic.
    Are you capable of writing posts without spewing a continuous stream of bile?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Clearly, the better part of 'an intelligent argument' eludes you today.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    And being an adult, you'd think you would have learned what a joke is. Trump has never seriously asked for help in ANY election. He may have joked about Russia getting Hillary's deleted emails, but there was never any evidence of any actual request from him or his campaign. The Mueller Report was clear on that. And assuming this fiasco is anything more than Trump being pissed about 2016 accusations is utterly unfounded. There isn't a shred of evidence that 2020 was his goal, and a heap that shows 2016 was. Adults look at evidence, Jim, not impassioned repetitive speeches made just to get the latest media sound byte.
    It's no joke when right after you ask for help, the country you 'jokingly' asked starts a hacking campaign to get you the very information you asked for.

And not only that, he has tried to force another country to help him, costing that country lives, and at the detriment of US national security.

It is amazing that you can claim he's done nothing, when not only did he do something then, he has escalated now.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Clearly, the better part of 'an intelligent argument' eludes you today.
    At least you were generous enough to concede that it's only today.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you capable of writing posts without spewing a continuous stream of bile?
    Are you capable of not diving into insane conspiracy theories? Anyone promoting a joke, as trump asking Putin for help, should be mocked and laughed at. Sometime mockery, is the best response. Give something that doesn’t make you into a laughing stock and you’ll get a serious response.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's no joke when right after you ask for help, the country you 'jokingly' asked starts a hacking campaign to get you the very information you asked for.

And not only that, he has tried to force another country to help him, costing that country lives, and at the detriment of US national security.

It is amazing that you can claim he's done nothing, when not only did he do something then, he has escalated now.
    And the pointing and laughing at your insane theories, continues.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Oxmixmudd it was a report about Russia hacking the DNC that caused Trump to make his JOKE so Trump did not ask them to do it they had already done it. thinking Americans understood the joke. Sheesh can't anyone on the left understand humor anymore.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.

13. Amen Sparko, Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.