Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shifty Schiff says:

"If a president can be so easily manipulated to disbelieve his own intelligence agencies, to accept the propaganda of the Kremlin, that is a threat to our national security—and this is just what has happened here."

I guess he missed the news last night that the FISA warrants against Carter Page that were used to spy on the Trump campaign were ruled invalid because the FBI lied to the judge in order to get them approved.

Schiff also claims that the Russians have a psychological profile on Trump so they know how to manipulate him.

Seriously, man, Schiff is a nut!
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-24-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

2. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Shifty Schiff says:

"If a president can be so easily manipulated to disbelieve his own intelligence agencies, to accept the propaganda of the Kremlin, that is a threat to our national security—and this is just what has happened here."

I guess he missed the news last night that the FISA warrants against Carter Page that were used to spy on the Trump campaign were ruled invalid because the FBI lied to the judge in order to get them approved.

Schiff also claims that the Russians have a psychological profile on Trump so they know how to manipulate him.

I am sure they have a psychological profile on him too, as well as every other high ranking person in the government, past and present. I am sure we have them on the Ruskies too. That's what the CIA does. And any president that just takes the word of any info reported to him by any agency, without using his own judgment is the one I want to keep out of office. His JOB is to take the information given to him, decide if it is valid and make decisions based on his judgment.

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And any president that just takes the word of any info reported to him by any agency, without using his own judgment is the one I want to keep out of office. His JOB is to take the information given to him, decide if it is valid and make decisions based on his judgment.
    I'm not sure where Democrats picked up this idea that the President isn't his own agent and is simply supposed to do whatever his advisers tell him to do.

Or maybe I do when I consider that Barrack "Lead From Behind" Obama was the quintessential Democrat president.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure where Democrats picked up this idea that the President isn't his own agent and is simply supposed to do whatever his advisers tell him to do.

Or maybe I do when I consider that Barrack "Lead From Behind" Obama was the quintessential Democrat president.
    They want a puppet President that they can control. Trump doesn't play by their rules and that makes them upset. They want him to be part of the swamp.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And how they elevate "career diplomats" in foreign policy over POTUS who SETS foreign policy. They employ Tassmanlike superfluous adverbs and adjectives making these people 'gods', and Trump a monster.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shifty Schiff says:

Wasn't this supposed to be about Ukraine aid?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Wasn't this supposed to be about Ukraine aid?
    Do they realize that Russia and Ukraine are enemies? How can Trump be both a Russian Puppet and Ukrainian Puppet Master?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Do they realize that Russia and Ukraine are enemies? How can Trump be both a Russian Puppet and Ukrainian Puppet Master?
    And how many times did Obama either assist or fail to stand up to Russia?

5 Times The Obama Administration Helped Russia At The United States’ Expense
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    What makes you think that it will go down in history as a triumph vs a failure?
    It will go down as a triumph if the President is held to account, a failure, and a black mark on democracy, if he is not. Why? Because he is obviously guilty, putting his own personal interests ahead of the countries vital interests, that he can, as he has done, collude, bribe or extort foreign governments while putting our own, as well as our democratic alies, national security at risk, and it will render the supposed co-equal branch unable to do anything about it. And if he gets away with it this second time, you can be assured that he will feel free to, and as he has shown, will do, again.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    It will go down as a triumph if the President is held to account, a failure, and a black mark on democracy, if he is not. Why? Because he is obviously guilty, putting his own personal interests ahead of the countries vital interests, that he can, as he has done, collude, bribe or extort foreign governments while putting our own, as well as our democratic alies, national security at risk, and it will render the supposed co-equal branch unable to do anything about it. And if he gets away with it this second time, you can be assured that he will feel free to, and as he has shown, will do, again.
    So, you've already declared him guilty until proven innocent? Good job Comrade.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

16. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.