Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1173

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    “any action harmful ... including interference with the lawful employment ... “

Trump was motivated by his lust for vengeance. His actions are indefensible.
    He may have a lust for vengeance, like many a mob boss does, but his real reason, like their's, is to send a message to others who are loyal to the U.S. rather than to Trump himself, that he will come after them like he has done to all those who have dared speak truth to power since his becoming President. The ways of an authoritarian wannabe dictator are easy to spot for those whose eyes are open.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    “any action harmful ... including interference with the lawful employment ... “

Trump was motivated by his lust for vengeance. His actions are indefensible.
    Trump was motivated by his desire to get an admitted leaker out of the White House. And Vindman is still employed, he just has a different job description now. It's too bad Trump doesn't have the authority to assign him to latrine duty.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Trump was motivated by his desire to get an admitted leaker out of the White House. And Vindman is still employed, he just has a different job description now. It's too bad Trump doesn't have the authority to assign him to latrine duty.
    Is there anyone left on this forum that takes you seriously? I think you are so lost in the Alternative Universe that rational conversation with you is impossible.

The law says “interference”. That does not mean firing.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What did Vindman leak, MM. I thought you acknowledged that he wasn't the whistleblower. Vindman testified under oath to Congress and told the truth as he saw it. That's not leaking.
    Last edited by JimL; 02-15-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is there anyone left on this forum that takes you seriously?
    Yes.

IThe law says “interference”.
    It also says "harmful action". In what way was Vindman harmed?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    What did Vindman leak, MM.
    He leaked privileged information to Eric Ciaramella.

"Lietenant Colonel Vindman, did you discuss the July 25 phone call with anyone outside the White House on July 25 or the 26 and if so, with whom?” Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California inquired.

“Yes. I did,” Vindman answered in the affirmative.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/19...whistleblower/

Vindman was not authorized to share details of the phone call with anyone outside of his chain of command, and he certainly wasn't authorized to lie about what was actually said.

Vindman is not an honorable man. That's probably why the left thinks he's a hero.

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

"Lietenant Colonel Vindman, did you discuss the July 25 phone call with anyone outside the White House on July 25 or the 26 and if so, with whom?” Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California inquired.

Vindman was not authorized to share details of the phone call with anyone outside of his chain of command, and he certainly wasn't authorized to lie about what was actually said.

Vindman is not an honorable man. That's probably why the left thinks he's a hero.
    Whistleblowers are encouraged to report wrongdoing and are to be protected by the POTUS. There is no doubt that Trump and his enablers have subverted the justice system and are discouraging any other whistleblowers from coming forward. An authoritarian government works by instilling fear in those who serve the leadership.

Vindman is horourable and about 10000 times more honourable than the disgusting Trump, the foul Barr and the evil McConnell.

The law says harmful, including interference ....
    Trump interfered with Vindman’s employment because Vindman gave evidence to Congress after having been subpoenaed.

If you tolerate their coverup, you are as bad as they are.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 02-15-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

9. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And you know this how, MM? You don't. He definitely took it to White House Council, Eisenberg, who told him to shut up about it. You have no clue who told the whistleblower or even who the whistleblower is.

Yes, he did, just as he was trained to do.

And again, you have no idea who he shared it with other than Eisenberg. And the reason Trump gave for firing him from his White House assignment, wasn't that he leaked the call, it was that he didn't like his portrayal of the call at the Congressional hearing. If Trump truly believed Vindman did anything illegal, you should know by now that Trump would have the DOJ/Barr on his case. They know better!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Whistleblowers are encouraged to report wrongdoing...
    If Vindman wasn't too cowardly to blow the whistle himself then he should have worked within his chain of command, not leaked privileged information to an unauthorized third-party. Trump has every right, one might even say moral obligation to remove an admitted leaker from the White House.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I think about it, I know why Vindman didn't have the guts to blow the whistle himself: because he couldn't lie on an official report without putting his pudgy butt on the line. But by feeding his lies to Ciaramella and letting the latter blow the proverbial whistle, Vindman was able to get his lies on record, and because Ciaramella was only reporting hearsay, he has inherent plausible deniability.

Very sneaky. Very dishonorable.

14. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.