Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You're confusing the republican party of today with the republican party of the 70's. The evidence presented in this case was every bit as inculpatory as it was in the Nixon case. In this case they Republican Congess, House and Senate, made it known from the outset that they were going to cover-up and protect the President no matter what. And that's exactly what they did. Trump got away with it the first time with the help of his corrupt consiglieri, I mean Atty Gen., and so he immediately went about doing the same thing again. This time the unprincipled republican party executed the cover-up, so he got away with it again, and then, immediately after being aquited, he went about exacting revenge on all those who were true to their oath, answered to subpoena's and told what they knew. Trump wants absolute loyalty to himself and is calculatingly inspiring fear in all those he has power over including the DOJ, the DOD, the NSA etc etc. Trump isn't cleaning the swamp, he's clearing out all those whose loyalty is to the country rather than to him. If it's a dictator you want, then you are well on your way to getting one.
    First JimL, If I was Biden I'd call you a "Lying Dog Faced Pony Solder", but I'm not so I'll just say that you are a stooge to Democrat talking points.

JimL where you around during the Nixon Impeachment? You couldn't have been otherwise you would have known that there was a heavy push by the Republicans. Subpoenas where requested and challenged in the courts. Congress felt that we needed to remove the President right away. But they knew that they needed more then just hearsay, assumption and probable cause to remove a sitting President. They setup a committee with a special prosecutor to handle the investigation and only took it over control when the special prosecutor was fired by Nixon. but the special prosecutor gave them enough evidence to convince the Senate to remove the President (67 senators). The Senate did not start out that why they where convince by strong evidence. Also in the articles of Impeachment being drafted on Nixon there where actual statutes of the crimes that Nixon committed. In other words actual crimes where alleged. Even in the Clinton Impeachment actual statutes where sighted.

The republicans did not cover-up anything because there was nothing to cover-up. In a real court you could not win your case if all you have is Hearsay, Assumption, and according to watermelon Probable Cause, the case would not even make it to the pre-trial because of "lack of facts in evidence". And the burden of evidence to remove a sitting President is much higher then a real court by design. If it would be tossed out of court in a real court it really has no right to pass the houses impeachment possess.

I have heard the Dems say over and over again that they took no joy in Impeaching the President that they where solemn and serious in their deliberation. If that where the case why did Adam Schiff start the proceedings with a Lie, and when caught what was Schiff's excuse, Oh it was a parody of the phone call. JimL explain to me why you would start extremely serious proceedings with a parody, was Schiff making a joke out of the proceedings? If so, how serious are we to take Schiff from that point on. Let's say that Schiff was serious in his representation of the call. If that is true then he lied, twice once in his gross miss representation of the call, then again when he got caught and call it a parody. in this case how can we trust Schiff to be objective to the process. Well as it proved out Schiff was not objective.

I fine it interesting how for you JimL it always comes down to the liberal talking point that Trump is a dictator. Do you know what a dictator really is (Dictator, JimL keeps using that word I do not think it means what he thinks it means). A dictator is someone that takes control over every thing around him, I'll give an example:
    Some one how puts himself up as judge, prosecutor, and defense. Some one that puts himself above the Law by denying Do Process, and Ignores the rights of others. He also makes up his own rules and when they don't work for him he ignores them. JimL I know this is getting a little long but hang in with me. Nadler and Schiff did all of this and more. Don't tell me that the House let the President's Lawyers to be present and ask questions that was a dictators smoke screen, List for me what witnesses they where able to interrogate (None, the expert witnesses in Nadler's committee really don't count), this is the act of a dictator. Schiff and Nadler didn't even follow their own rule of the house (I guess being dictators means they don't have to follow their own rules). If you want my proof it's the fact that the minority was not allowed their day to call any witnesses they wanted. This is a rule of the house and was denied because dictators Schiff and Nadler are above the law and don't have to follow the rules. As for with holding documents dictator Schiff does not have to provide documents that are asked of him, like the deposition of the 18th witness the IG that took the "non-whistle blowers complaint". By the way the status of Whistle Blower is only valid if the information you give is factual and credible, since the non-whistle blowers complaints don't match the actual phone call (They are closer to Schiff's Lie as to the what was on the Phone call). Hence no whistle blower status, but I digress.

Lets look at the brothers that where removed from their position at the white house. LT "V" was given a bad review from his boss, in the hearings no less. His views on policy went against the policies put forth by the President. JimL as an experiment tell head of your company that you know more then him and that he should be implementing your policy instead of his, you will not do that because you'll be shown the door. Lt "V" was not fired he was sent back to the pentagon because he did a bad job and thought he made policy. His brother the lawyer was complicit in this so he was sent back also. The President has the right to have the people around him support his policies, This is not a dictator this is how you get things done.

Please JimL, I know it goes beyond talking points, but next time you go for you talking points, ask your handles what true evidence they have that Trump did anything wrong, Please no Hearsay, Assumption or Probable Cause, none of these are allowable in court. I'd like to see a list. Oh, and by the way witnesses that did not appear don't count because you can't verify what they would say. And stay away form the old talking point of the republicans are hiding the truth because innocent people would allow the witnesses. Because then you need to explain to me what the Bidens are hiding, if there was nothing wrong why not just come out and clear their name. What are they hiding.

Please give me a list of real evidence to prove that Trump should be removed from office. Evidence that would at minimum hold up in a real court. As I told Watermelon if you can't give the evidence any taking point you use is mote.
    Last edited by The Pendragon; 02-10-2020, 08:37 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
    -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• JimL's evidence:
      1) Orange man bad
      2) In case of doubt, see 1).
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
        I have heard the Dems say over and over again that they took no joy in Impeaching the President that they where solemn and serious in their deliberation.
        Why don't you believe them?

Screenshot-1735-1.jpg

pelosi-sign-smile2-1.jpg

AR-200129438.jpg

Oh...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Barr looking after Trump’s pal:

The department’s decision to overrule frontline prosecutors and the prosecutors’ subsequent moves laid bare the tension — between career prosecutors and department leadership — that has roiled the Stone case in recent days, and it raises fresh concerns about the politicization of Trump’s Justice Department.
          Resignations!
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Barr looking after Trump’s pal:

Resignations!
            ff, buddy, pal.... do you know how to do cites? I mean..... in order to see where that came from, you know, "in context", we outta be able to click on a linky.

Lemme guess, you got that from LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies, and you don't want to expose our source!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              ff, buddy, pal.... do you know how to do cites? I mean..... in order to see where that came from, you know, "in context", we outta be able to click on a linky.

Lemme guess, you got that from LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies, and you don't want to expose our source!
              It's true, CP. Trump hasn't learned his lesson as Susan Collins had hoped. The DOJ intervened to recommend a lighter sentence for Stone than the Prosecution team recommended to the Judge after Trump tweeted how terriby unjust it was. The Prosecution team (4) has resigned from the case in protest. Trump obviously has control of the DOJ with A.G. Barr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                It's true, CP. Trump hasn't learned his lesson as Susan Collins had hoped.
                Perhaps she needs a safe space?

The DOJ intervened to recommend a lighter sentence for Stone than the Prosecution team recommended to the Judge after Trump tweeted how terriby unjust it was. The Prosecution team (4) has resigned from the case in protest. Trump obviously has control of the DOJ with A.G. Barr.
                OK.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

WaPo -
                  Four prosecutors have quit after the Justice Department decided to reduce their recommended sentence for Roger Stone — shortly after Trump tweeted that it was “unfair.” Even if Trump had never tweeted, this would look awful.[
                  I assume the news doesn’t reach your residence, or you have your TV tuned to Fox.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

WaPo -
                    Um.... still not a link.

I assume the news doesn’t reach your residence,
                    I live so far out in the country it takes a couple extra days for it to get here.

or you have your TV tuned to Fox.
                    That would be a false assumption. Mrs CP and I are binge watching old TV shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      Barr looking after Trump’s pal:

Resignations!
                      Spouting the latest liberal talking point right on cue...

CBS News Catherine Herridge reported earlier that top DOJ officials were stunned by the 7 to 9 year prison sentence recommendation; and that DC prosecutors were rogue in this decision and had not informed DOJ leadership.

Additional reporting from Herridge said the DOJ informed the court “they would clarify its position later today with the court after calling the 7-9 year sentencing recommendation for lying and obstructing congress “extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Stone’s offenses.”

Hours later Aaron Zelinsky, who worked as a prosecutor for Team Mueller, “resigned effective immediately… as a Special Assistant US Attorney for the District of Columbia,” according to a filing in the Roger Stone case:

It looks like the over-the-top sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone was a planned set-up by Aaron Zelinsky et al, to force AG Bill Barr to step-in and reduce the sentence; thereby giving fuel to those in media/lawfare who are accusing AG Barr of political influence. This reeks of Lawfare scheming.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...er-stone-case/

Comment

Um.... still not a link.

I live so far out in the country it takes a couple extra days for it to get here.

That would be a false assumption. Mrs CP and I are binge watching old TV shows.
                        I have the WaPo app on my phone but it does not seem to say what the web pages are, unless I’m not using it correctly.

By the way, Melvyn Bragg did The Rapture in Sept last year. Worth a listen if you get In Our Time (BBC). There is a podcast.
                        John Nelson Darby, etc.

Comment

I have the WaPo app on my phone but it does not seem to say what the web pages are, unless I’m not using it correctly.
                          Oh.

By the way, Melvyn Bragg did The Rapture in Sept last year. Worth a listen if you get In Our Time (BBC). There is a podcast.
                          John Nelson Darby, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

CBS News Catherine Herridge reported earlier that top DOJ officials were stunned by the 7 to 9 year prison sentence recommendation; and that DC prosecutors were rogue in this decision and had not informed DOJ leadership.

Additional reporting from Herridge said the DOJ informed the court “they would clarify its position later today with the court after calling the 7-9 year sentencing recommendation for lying and obstructing congress “extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Stone’s offenses.”

Hours later Aaron Zelinsky, who worked as a prosecutor for Team Mueller, “resigned effective immediately… as a Special Assistant US Attorney for the District of Columbia,” according to a filing in the Roger Stone case:

It looks like the over-the-top sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone was a planned set-up by Aaron Zelinsky et al, to force AG Bill Barr to step-in and reduce the sentence; thereby giving fuel to those in media/lawfare who are accusing AG Barr of political influence. This reeks of Lawfare scheming.

Why do you always go for the conspiracy theory?
                            Timeline suggests that Trump’s tweet was not a factor in Barr’s decision to interfere. Looks like he was doing Trump’s bidding though.
                            Last edited by firstfloor; 02-12-2020, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Why do you always go for the conspiracy theory?
                              I don't. I mean I don't always. I mean I only sometimes--

Wait, what was the loaded question again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's highly unlikely that the DOJ didn't know ahead of time what the recommended sentence was to be, there are sentencing guidelines and 7-9 years is the recommended sentence for the crime Stone was convicted of. The prosecutors went by sentencing guidelines when reaching that recomendation and it wasn't even excessive. Trump obviously is in control of the DOJ and Barr is making decisions according to the will of the dictator wannabe. Ask yourself if this kind of thing ever happens where the DOJ intervenes to protect a convicted defendent. It doesn't!
                                Last edited by JimL; 02-12-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment