Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying idiot Schiff is boasting about how the Republicans have failed to dispute the "uncontested facts".....

The guy has GOT to be either delusional or just an incredibly dishonest snake.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Politicians are so used to dealing in half-truths and outright lies that Schiff may have genuinely forgotten how to present an honest, factual argument.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Defense destroys the obstruction of Congress accusation. The short version is that everything Trump did, he was legally entitled to do, and you can not impeach a president for doing what is legal. To drive the point home, they used the words of Nadler and Schumer making the exact same argument. They even had Schumer in video!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...against-trump/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Politicians are so used to dealing in half-truths and outright lies that Schiff may have genuinely forgotten how to present an honest, factual argument.
          Have the Dems been willing to sacrifice Schiff in this all-out effort to lie to America? We'll see if this has any effect on his career, but it would almost be a surprise to see him re-elected after all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            Have the Dems been willing to sacrifice Schiff in this all-out effort to lie to America? We'll see if this has any effect on his career, but it would almost be a surprise to see him re-elected after all this.
            Heck, he thinks he's the next POTUS!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Heck, he thinks he's the next POTUS!
              Strictly from the standpoint of character, unlike Trump, Schiff would make an excellent President. Trump is what you get when, as republicans have done, you totally disregard the character of the person.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Strictly from the standpoint of character, unlike Trump, Schiff would make an excellent President.

You such funny funny guy.

Trump is what you get when, as republicans have done, you totally disregard the character of the person.
                Lying Shifty Schiff is a much more refined version of Trump, I'll give you that.

Comment

If the commentary from the liberal peanut gallery is anything to go by, they think he's one of history's greatest orators -- one commentator on, I think, NBC claimed his opening argument was as good as any speech given by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.! Others have said that his opening argument was so good that it should become required reading at law schools for years to come.

So, no, I think his career will be just fine. There are a lot of dumb/uninformed people out there who will happily vote for him again.

Comment

Schiff‘s district is so blue that the Democrats could run a sandwich and it would win (to be fair, the sandwich might make a better member of Congress).
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Lying idiot Schiff is boasting about how the Republicans have failed to dispute the "uncontested facts".....

The guy has GOT to be either delusional or just an incredibly dishonest snake.
                      00000000000000ab000-00aaaf.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Politicians are so used to dealing in half-truths and outright lies that Schiff may have genuinely forgotten how to present an honest, factual argument.
                        Apparently he used to be a prosecutor. I'd be surprised if lawyers aren't pouring through old cases he prosecuted looking for maleficence given his performances over the past couple years

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Lying Shifty Schiff is a much more refined version of Trump, I'll give you that.
                          In contrast Schiff makes Trump look like a virtual font of integrity and honesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            In contrast Schiff makes Trump look like a virtual font of integrity and honesty.
                            That's quite the achievement. Something to be really proud of.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• If the Repubs vote to dismiss or acquit without Bolton’s evidence, they will have done so in the knowledge that he would have sunk Trump. It will be a disgrace of such monumental significance that they will be regarded henceforth, as no better than organised criminals.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                If the Repubs vote to dismiss or acquit without Bolton’s evidence, they will have done so in the knowledge that he would have sunk Trump. It will be a disgrace of such monumental significance that they will be regarded henceforth, as no better than organised criminals.
                                Sure, you could beg the question, and I'm sure this is the liberal narrative that we'll be hearing going forward, but as Jim Jordan said at yesterday's blistering Republican press conference, "Someone telling the New York Times what John Bolton's draft manuscript supposedly says doesn't change the underlying facts!"

The “House Bolton Maneuver” was a pre-planned operation to use a timed NSC ‘resistance’ leak to frame a new demand for testimony in the Senate. From the beginning the House intentionally constructed an impeachment process to avoid the judicial branch because the construction of the articles was dependent on an unconstitutional creation: impeachment by decree of the Speaker.

As a result of their approach, the House fully intended to usurp their lack of judicial subpoena authority by placing political pressure on the Senate to call the trial witnesses they knew were unattainable due to separation of powers within the constitutional process. By design the House plan puts the burden of compulsory witness testimony upon the Senate because the House refused to create their own authority with a vote to initiate the impeachment process.

The House effort was, and is, an end-run around the constitutional outline for impeachment. This was not a flaw; it was a feature of the House creation.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...lton-maneuver/

Comment