Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Biden was sent to Ukraine on behalf of the U.S. as well as the rest of the democratic west to get the corrupt Prosecutor General, Shokin, out, not for personal reasons. Hunter Biden is just another diversion.
    Did you actually watch this last night?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Biden was sent to Ukraine on behalf of the U.S. as well as the rest of the democratic west to get the corrupt Prosecutor General, Shokin, out, not for personal reasons. Hunter Biden is just another diversion.
      This is the "Biden was just executing official US policy" talking point that has been making the rounds.

The question is why did this become official US policy, and why did it only become official policy after Hunter and his Burisma buddies asked for an assist from the Obama administration to quash the investigation into their company?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        First off, there is no evidence that Hunter Biden did anything illegal...
        Great! Then he won't mind cooperating with any investigations, because he has nothing to hide, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Great! Then he won't mind cooperating with any investigations, because he has nothing to hide, right?
          Hunter Biden is not on trial. The only thing connecting him to this trial is that his father is Trump’s obsession. You need to pay attention to what Trump did, not that Hunter Biden unwisely profited from his father’s good name, whose own actions have ever been exemplary.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

So because the entire administration was behind extorting Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was looking into Hunter, that makes it legal? If extortion is illegal, it is illegal no matter how many people do it.

Comment

And if he and Poppa Joe don't bend over and grin during the examination that proves they are guilty.

Well, at least according to the standard set by the Democrats when it comes to Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So because the entire administration was behind extorting Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was looking into Hunter, that makes it legal? If extortion is illegal, it is illegal no matter how many people do it.
                The "democratic west" was merely following the lead of Obama and Biden.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So, they're pretty much like the Democrats on this. Imagine that. Politicians acting like politicians.
                  Do you think we will hear from John Bolton?
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Did you actually watch this last night?

You wouldn't have seen very much if you watched the networks. After not missing a moment of Schiff's performance all three of them quickly cut away from both her and Dershowitz presentations. Can't allow both sides to be heard since that might just confuse folks

Comment

This is the "Biden was just executing official US policy" talking point that has been making the rounds.

The question is why did this become official US policy, and why did it only become official policy after Hunter and his Burisma buddies asked for an assist from the Obama administration to quash the investigation into their company?
                      And why did the Obama Administration abruptly end their own investigation into it immediately after an angry Joe Biden demanded that they do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The "democratic west" was merely following the lead of Obama and Biden.
                        Yeah I am sure Obama and Biden sat down and discussed it with the UN before deciding to extort Ukraine to fire a single prosecutor who happened to be investigating the company that Joe got his son a job at.

JimL's over-the-top claims that he just makes up out of thin air make me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Yeah I am sure Obama and Biden sat down and discussed it with the UN before deciding to extort Ukraine to fire a single prosecutor who happened to be investigating the company that Joe got his son a job at.

JimL's over-the-top claims that he just makes up out of thin air make me laugh.
                          In another thread you said Hunter was the *object* of the investigation. Do you no longer stand behind that claim? What crimes was he being investigated for?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Do you think we will hear from John Bolton?
                            Who knows --- some of the Democrats say a copy of the book would be sufficient, but that doesn't provide...
                            A) testimony under oath
                            2) ability to cross examine

They will first vote on whether or not to call witnesses, THEN (if that's a yes vote) which witnesses to call.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                              Hunter Biden is not on trial. The only thing connecting him to this trial is that his father is Trump’s obsession. You need to pay attention to what Trump did, not that Hunter Biden unwisely profited from his father’s good name, whose own actions have ever been exemplary.
                              Oh, so we've gone from "Hunter Biden did nothing wrong" to "he unwisely profited from his father's good name". That doesn't sound sketchy at all.

Tell me again why Democrats don't want Joe and Hunter investigated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Who knows --- some of the Democrats say a copy of the book would be sufficient, but that doesn't provide...
                                A) testimony under oath
                                2) ability to cross examine

They will first vote on whether or not to call witnesses, THEN (if that's a yes vote) which witnesses to call.
                                McConnell might be thinking by now that if he cannot bury this trial, he might as well dump Trump and ‘clean the stables’ before the next election. He can always say he did everything he could to cover up Trump’s mess.

Comment