Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1066

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Vindman wasn't a whistle blower, you dumbass.
    According to the military whistleblower act members of the armed forces cannot face retaliation for "protected communications," including Congressional testimony, you moron.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I do. And I'll assume you don't.

Jim - show ONE THING I said in that post that was not true. I doubledog dare you with whipped cream, hot fudge and a cherry on top.
    For one thing, right off the bat, your challenge that Vindman doesn't fall under the Whistleblower act is wrong. For another, that he, along with his brother were not retaliated against is just plain dumb, if you actually believed it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    For one thing, right off the bat, your challenge that Vindman doesn't fall under the Whistleblower act is wrong.
    That's a matter of opinion, Jim.

For another, that he, along with his brother were not retaliated against is just plain dumb, if you actually believed it.
    OK, if you were a legitimate whistle blower, and I'm your boss, and I called you a back-stabber, have I committed a crime? That's the key here, Jim. Not that Trump is a meanie, but did he actually violate the law?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    According to the military whistleblower act members of the armed forces cannot face retaliation for "protected communications," including Congressional testimony, you moron.
    Don't try to play this game, Jimmy, you're not nearly smart enough for it. Leaking privileged information to third parties (i.e. Eric Ciarmella) is not protected communications. Remember, Mr. Vindman confessed to going outside of his chain of command, and he lied when he said he didn't know the identity of the whistle blower. In so doing, he proved himself to be politically motivated and untrustworthy, and Trump was right to remove him from the White House inner circle.

Seriously, man, your talking points are letting you down more than usual.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Vindman wasn't fired, and it would ONLY be a crime if he were fired, demoted, reduced in rank, or whatever - as a result of retaliation for his testimony.

Let's look at what you're actually referencing...

(e) Whoever knowingly, with the intent to retaliate, takes any action harmful to any person, including interference with the lawful employment or livelihood of any person, for providing to a law enforcement officer any truthful information relating to the commission or possible commission of any Federal offense, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

Absolutely not applicable. Vindman still has a job, was not reduced in rank, pay was not decreased -- the only 'harm' done was, perhaps, his ego was bruised, and that's not covered in the statute.
    Andrew, the lawyer, disagrees.
    That was in no way an ordinary redeployment. It is, however, a test of how much authoritarian bullying and intimidtion of the others, that you will put up with.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

6. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Andrew, the lawyer, disagrees.
    That was in no way an ordinary redeployment. It is, however, a test of how much authoritarian bullying and intimidtion of the others, that you will put up with.
    You realize that the job description of a lawyer is pretty much "find a way to make the facts fit your premise", yes?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

8. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You realize that the job description of a lawyer is pretty much "find a way to make the facts fit your premise", yes?
    Or at least claim that the facts fit your narrative even when they don't.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    “any action harmful ... including interference with the lawful employment ... “

Trump was motivated by his lust for vengeance. His actions are indefensible.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    “any action harmful ... including interference with the lawful employment ... “

Trump was motivated by his lust for vengeance. His actions are indefensible.
    dem_chicken_little_trump.jpg
    Keep squawking.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What a pathetic response.